If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55C9PLA

Options
  • 03-06-2020 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Would you recommend this panel? Any other options I should look at? Looking at buying this with a decent soundbar option and mounting bracket - open to suggestions/recommendations.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Brandaan wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Would you recommend this panel? Any other options I should look at? Looking at buying this with a decent soundbar option and mounting bracket - open to suggestions/recommendations.
    Thanks!
    Hi Brandaan,

Thanks for the post!

To be honest you can't get much better than the LG OLED55C9. I have the B8 myself but the C9 is a big step up over even that one. The OLED panels offer the best possible picture as the colour, contrast and brightness are very natural. The smart hub is also fantastic on the LGs.

We have them in stock and ready to ship via the link below!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

For a soundbar I would recommend something with a separate subwoofer as this would give more depth. LG also do a great Atmos soundbar calle the SL8Y at £479/499 euro:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204267-lg-sl8yg-3-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-google-assistant.aspx?swapstore=1

Finally for the mount it would really depend if you are looking for a flat, tilting or full motion bracket but we stock a range of Sanus brackets that would be suitable for this TV!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Hi there,
    Thanks!
    Hi Brandaan,

Thanks for the post!

To be honest you can't get much better than the LG OLED55C9. I have the B8 myself but the C9 is a big step up over even that one. The OLED panels offer the best possible picture as the colour, contrast and brightness are very natural. The smart hub is also fantastic on the LGs.

We have them in stock and ready to ship via the link below!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

For a soundbar I would recommend something with a separate subwoofer as this would give more depth. LG also do a great Atmos soundbar calle the SL8Y at £479/499 euro:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204267-lg-sl8yg-3-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-google-assistant.aspx?swapstore=1

Finally for the mount it would really depend if you are looking for a flat, tilting or full motion bracket but we stock a range of Sanus brackets that would be suitable for this TV!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David - when looking at https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled55c9pla.html I see the offer below.
    is the SL10YG better than the one you suggest? What about a Sonos option - would you recommend? I'd like to be able to connect to the bar with Bluetooth separately to play music from other devices.
    Do the sound bars come with a mounting bracket?
    Re the TV bracket - I'd prefer a tilting bracket.
    Thanks.

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Get £100 in Richer Sounds gift vouchers when you purchase this TV. Offer available on the phone from our in-store experts, or from our Telesales team. Please call for more details. Offer ends 07.07.2020. Offer excludes Clearance, Refurbished and Open Box products. Not in conjunction with any other offer.[/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]** Get £300 OFF the LG SL10YG Dolby Atmos TV soundbar with this TV. Click here for package details. Offer available in-store, online or via Telesales, ends 30.06.2020. Offer excludes Clearance, Refurbished and Open Box products. Not in conjunction with any other soundbar offer.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Any feedback on these questions, David?
    Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Any feedback on these questions, David?
    Thanks!
    Hi Brandaan.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

David is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.

The LS10Y with the £300 off would be a great purchase and would out perform the SL8YG hands down.
    It does seem that they have removed the deal as our main warehouse has ran out of stock at present but as it says it runs until the 30.6.20 and you posted several days ago I will still offer the deal. (You may have to wait a bit on the soundbar coming back into stock though)

The Sonos Playbar is also a decent soundbar but for sound quality does not come close to the LG SL10Y.
    The Playbar also does not have bluetooth.

The SL10Y would come with its own wall mounting also.

The £100 gift voucher would be added to your account after the purchase of the TV.
    They can not be used in conjunction with any other offer so could not be used against the SL10Y with the additional £300 off.

All vouchers and deals are on the sterling pricing on our website only.

For a tilting bracket for the 55C9 there is the Sanus BLT2 priced at £99 - We could offer this at £75 along with the TV.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202750-sanus-blt2-b1-tilt-bracket-42-90-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx

I hope I have answered everything for you :)

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.