Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA Approval

• 03-06-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I’ve been approved for JSA and received payments the last few weeks on and off. At first I applied online then realizing it would take ages I sent them a paper application. It got approved and everything’s grand.

I just a letter in the post tho, only 1 page of “Jobseekers Claim part B“ from my local Intreo centre asking me to fill out the form and free post it back to them. It’s the same part of the form I already filled out to apply in the first place which was approved. Any have any idea as to why theyre asking me to fill out the same info that they already have for an app that’s already approved?

The letter is also signed off by a different deciding officer...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Can you clarify what exactly it says/asks for on 'Part B' ?

If your application is already approved, then it's probably some sort of crossover and I'd ignore it.

ring to check maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

Yeah they weren't answering calls earlier and the form doesn't have a specific email for the person who signed the letter.

Its the first part of the form I guess, name, nationality, education level and last employment timeframe/gross income. All info they already have.

I thought maybe its a response to my online application a month a half ago, but I presume if that was the case they would have been communicated to me for that through mywelfare.ie? And my online application would have been swapped to "pending"? I still have only one notification online from april 23 when I applied originally, which just reads "application submitted".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Can you clarify what exactly it says/asks for on 'Part B' ?

If your application is already approved, then it's probably some sort of crossover and I'd ignore it.

ring to check maybe.

“Ignore it”? This is why people get their payments cancelled and then they spiral into a tit for tat row with their local office and end up with no money for weeks. If the customers were allowed to decide which forms they did and didn’t have to complete it wouldn’t be very fair.
    It’s a 1 page form. How about you just fill it in OP and return it to them like they’ve asked you to in order to ensure that you continue in your payment for as long as you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

There could be many reasons why the form has been requested. The most likely I would say is that they have lost the original one.

You could start photocopying everything that you send to the Department, sending everything by registered mail, chasing this up with phone calls, personal visits to the local office, insist on speaking to a manager, appeal to the Appeals Office if/when they cut your payment (while you have no money for 6 months in the interim period), complain to the Ombudsman, even take High Court proceedings.

Or, you could just complete the form and send it back.

Either path is valid. Just depends on whether you have something more constructive or valuable to do with your time. I usually take the path of least resistance, but if we all do that, nothing will change.

Advertisement