Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone vs virgin PAYG

Options
  • 03-06-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi, currently with vodafone smart extra 20 euro a month unlimited, considering switching to virgin media 10 euro per month for a year, offer ends tonight so need to decide, any reviews or advice? I've searched threads but couldn't find one, if one exists please let me know!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Virgin LTE/3G speeds are woeful from my experience.

They piggy back on Three's network so they're throttled.

Vodafone also has the best phone coverage on the island. You pay for what you get really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There's a thread in Bargain Alerts...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058080332

You can try VM for a month and cancel if it's not as expected.

Just to clarify, VM is a SIM only 30 day rolling contract paid by direct debit, it's not PAYG.

Hold on to the VF SIM for that month and port afterwards if VM works OK.

Many have reported problems with 2FA with VM ie it is possible 2FA won't work.

There is also 48 which costs 9.99 for 20GB + 300 minutes or 14.99 for 40GB + 300 minutes (PAYG).

Gomo costs 12.99 for all calls + 80GB (SIM only).

Depends what your usage is and what network has best signal at your location (3, VM and 48 all use same masts).

Advertisement