Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer/Autumn/Sometime this year Transfer Thread.

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

And yet PSG were happy enough to take him from Stoke (and play him in big games) and Bayern were happy enough to take him from PSG. I'll take the opinions of the coaches at these clubs above yours on this one.
    How do you come to that conclusion?

You're dismissing somebody opinion because a figure at a club rates this player.

For example, you say '' Player A is bad because X Y Z''.

My counter argument is '' Well he's rated by These teams coaching staff so he's not''

It's like judging a footballer and somebody turning around and saying '' How's he bad, he's a professional footballer he made it etc''

You're dismissing some bodys point because some people in the profession rates him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You're dismissing somebody opinion because a figure at a club rates this player.

For example, you say '' Player A is bad because X Y Z''.

My counter argument is '' Well he's rated by These teams coaching staff so he's not''

It's like judging a footballer and somebody turning around and saying '' How's he bad, he's a professional footballer he made it etc''

You're dismissing some bodys point because some people in the profession rates him.

Disagreeing with somebody's opinion is not the same as dismissing them. They have an opinion on the player, mine based on people who've worked with him is different.
    They're fully entitled to their opinion, I'm fully entitled to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Choupo-Moting to be fair to him delivered against Atalanta but I can't get over his miss against Strasbourg which is the worst one I've ever seen.

Choupo-Moting to be fair to him delivered against Atalanta but I can't get over his miss against Strasbourg which is the worst one I've ever seen.

That looks to me like he was trying to get out of the way of the ball but ****ed it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Disagreeing with somebody's opinion is not the same as dismissing them. They have an opinion on the player, mine based on people who've worked with him is different.
    They're fully entitled to their opinion, I'm fully entitled to mine.

Hes getting at your blanket statement of trusting coaches opinions over someone else's ( I'm guessing u didn't mean all the time just on this topic)

Which isn't always correct Example the time City need a win to get into the Uefa Cup on the last day and Stuart Pearce brought on a sub keeper to put David James up front, absolutely mental

Moral of the stories coach's and mangers do some crazy ****e at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

That looks to me like he was trying to get out of the way of the ball but ****ed it up

Yep, seems like he realised as he's going for it that it's already going in and he's stealing a goal and gets mixed up trying not to rob the goal. My take on it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Guardian copy and paste :)

https://twitter.com/stujames75/status/1317035795589509120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

and
    Said Benrahma to West Ham ...

“Just waiting on confirmation of Said Benrahma’s move to West Ham,” writes Jacob Steinberg. “Barring a drastic last-minute change of events, he’ll join for £30m today. It’s £25m plus £5m in add-ons.

West Ham have done well there (possibly)

Another loan for Wilson
    Harry Wilson: Liverpool’s Wales midfielder is expected to leave the club today and there’s no shortage of interest in the 23-year-old. Nottingham Forest, Cardiff City, Swansea City and Derby County are all believed to be interested in securing his scrawl, but reports from Wales suggest he is currently undergoing a medical with Cardiff ahead of a £1.2m season-long loan deal.
    Watford: Speaking of football’s nicer men, Ben Foster could be on the move today. The Watford goalkeeper is being linked with a move to Liverpool, where he would work as understudy to Alisson instead of Adrian. One of the hardest working men in football journalism, it should come as no surprise to learn that Ben Fisher had a very interesting chat with Foster not too long ago ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Watford: Speaking of football’s nicer men, Ben Foster could be on the move today. The Watford goalkeeper is being linked with a move to Liverpool, where he would work as understudy to Alisson instead of Adrian. One of the hardest working men in football journalism, it should come as no surprise to learn that Ben Fisher had a very interesting chat with Foster not too long ago ...

Can't see Foster to Liverpool being realistic. Adrian will continue to be backup.

An ex-United player hasn't played for Liverpool since Paul Ince

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

8-10 wrote: »
    Can't see Foster to Liverpool being realistic. Adrian will continue to be backup.

An ex-United player hasn't played for Liverpool since Paul Ince

He was a backup there 10 years ago... id really hope that wouldn’t impact anything one way or another. Though I agree the deal is perhaps unlikely regardless.

(There was one other lad too, Calliste, who joined from Utd but never made it out of the reserves.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He was a backup there 10 years ago... id really hope that wouldn’t impact anything one way or another. Though I agree the deal is perhaps unlikely regardless.

(There was one other lad too, Calliste, who joined from Utd but never made it out of the reserves.)

Michael N'go too iirc, same story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When the alternative is Adrian all options are considered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Yeah sorry my post was worded poorly. I was making that as a point of interest didn't mean that it was the specific reason that it's unlikely.

I just think they've made their bed with Adrian and with a reluctance to spend without crowds I don't see them putting a 37 year old on the books as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

One Sunday morning, I was hungover and went out of my way to watch a full game of Hearts v Kilmarnock just to watch him play. It was dreadful - both the hangover and the game. 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ngoo, yeah! Though I think he was only ever on trial with Utd.

Really interesting player to watch, absolute giant, and was both very coordinated and super awkward at the same time. After his Hearts loan thought he might make it at a decent level, but never did.

As an aside, I loved that at the same time we had;
    Amoo
    Ngoo
    N’Gog
    Was like the three stages of a Pokemon evolution! And their ability was in that order and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Joe Rondon just signed for spurs from Swansea

Nice potential next ledley king in the making!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1317155882027933700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brighton sign free agent Danny Wellbeck another forward for Connelly to compete with and if Wellbeck starts getting more game time than Connelly that won't be a good sign for Ireland

Advertisement