Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round Fence Posts - Borrow ??

Options
  • 03-06-2020 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Need to move a shed and to do so requires rolling it on some poles/posts/ logs etc.

Any idea where I could borrow some. Anyone else done this in the past ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Not a garden shed but moved plenty of large shed sized chicken runs.

Machined round poles would be fine, I've a few old 3 inch galvanized steel water pipes I also use plus I have 4 barrow tyres I put on a frame using heavy duty electrical conduit as an axle (jubilee clips and heavy washers to stop to keep the wheels on).

Lots of short lengths of wood for props while you jack the shed up to get it on its journey are also a good idea. Lift a corner only about an inch at a time and prop it and move around all 4 corners until its the height you need it. Check carefully that where you are propping it up can take the weight. Depending on the strength and condition of the shed some additional timber length running the full length of the shed my help it stay in one piece during the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

I've always used a couple of Wavin pipes.

Advertisement