Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exact size of the plot of land. Where do I find it?

Options
  • 03-06-2020 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

Where to look for it? I have an obscure map that came with the deeds of the house which doesn't tell me much.
    I can find my folio on landdirect.ie and I'm wondering if I'm to purchase one of their products, what information is gonna be provided with it?
    What I'm trying to determine is how long my plot of land is because the rear boundary wasn't defined when we purchased the house (no fencing put up at the back by the builders).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Land direct gives you the size of the folio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Springy Turf

Would the National Planning Application Database map do it for you? I have been using it to see the size of plots as part of house hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Rackstar wrote: »
    Land direct gives you the size of the folio.
    What measurements it provides? I'm looking for something like this side is X meters, the other size is Y, and the same all around?

Would the National Planning Application Database map do it for you? I have been using it to see the size of plots as part of house hunting.
    I'm off to google this crowd. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭victor8600

See https://www.prai.ie/land-registry-services/ for details.
    The Land Registry operates a non-conclusive boundary system which means that the map does not indicate whether a boundary includes a hedge or wall or ditch etc. However, the physical features along which the boundaries run must be accurately identified.

• Advertisement

I'm not quite sure what information I should look for because I can't figure out what I need only from looking at the map like this [example from prai.ie website].
    plot.jpg

I know there's a scale on the map but if I print it out smaller or larger, 1cm won't be 2.5meters as stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roofer1988

IF you try Geo map app, on play store

Advertisement