Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you waste money on games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've been good for the last year or so about buying games only when I'm capable of playing them.

MP games I might push for to get now, but SP games will still be there in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Very rarely buy games day 1. Last one i did was Resi 2 remake, still haven't finished it. €20 is generally my limit on what I spend on any one game which means I wait for sales. Will probably pick up TLOU2 day one as I love the original, other than that, nothing really is calling to me. With ps+ and games I've already bought i probably have 20 odd in my library, will be lucky if I play 10 of them id say. Wife and two toddlers means gaming time is fairly limited these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

I've spent barely any money on games since getting into competitive online shooters, compared to what I would have. I still buy the odd game, but rarely - last I bought was Doom Eternal, played about two hours and wasn't overly impressed. Before that I think it was the 2019 Modern Warfare

Since getting Overwatch and Apex I would say I only buy about 2 other 'full' games a year. I do have Game Pass though which I've used to play Halo, Streets of Rage, Outer Worlds. Considering it works out at about €50 per year, it saves a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I buy way too many games and most of them are dross so I have cut down on buying those stupid cheap bundles (thankfully there's not as many as there used to be)
    My steam account is just bloated with them but I still am a patient gamer for the ones that I want to play and buy them cheap so I feel I get my monies worth.
    I still buy my PS games on disk as I really only buy the exclusives so it is nice to have them there

https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197970395596/?cc=eu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

No as I usually wait for the games price to drop, sales is harder to judge. I'm a little addicted to buying games that are on sale so it may be a waste if I don't get round to them but I always believe that I'll get around to them at some point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement