Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Nest WiFi / Eir Fibre

• 03-06-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

First post in a long while :D

Im hoping someone where might have had some luck setting up the latest generation of Nest WiFi with Eir?

I was hoping to plug it directly into WAN point but no luck, Nest supports PPPoE authentication but that did not work either :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KeithBines

I just plugged the google wifi router into the eir supploes f2000. Were you able to connect without the f200?
    Brady wrote: »

Im hoping someone where might have had some luck setting up the latest generation of Nest WiFi with Eir?

I was hoping to plug it directly into WAN point but no luck, Nest supports PPPoE authentication but that did not work either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Brady wrote: »

Not fully sure on Eir Fibre but for Siro they tag the traffic on VLAN 10 and Google Wi-Fi does not support VLAN's for the WAN connection.

I have used a cheap managed switch to untag the VLAN ID and let Google Wi-Fi create the PPPOE connection.

The other option would be to bridge the Eir router and connect to the WAN port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I've only set up a new Eir Fibre Sagecom router with Google WiFi - it doesn't support a direct connection to the ONT box. You will need to enable Bridge Mode (and I recommend disabling WiFi via the hardware button on the side) first, then connect LAN Port 1 of the Eir router to the Google Home WAN port and follow the process in the Google WiFI app (automatic detection).

Section 3.4 > Subsection 3.4.5 for Bridge Mode

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/support/.galleries/pdfs/support-pdfs/user_manual_f3000.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

advertsfox wrote: »
    I've only set up a new Eir Fibre Sagecom router with Google WiFi - it doesn't support a direct connection to the ONT box. You will need to enable Bridge Mode (and I recommend disabling WiFi via the hardware button on the side) first, then connect LAN Port 1 of the Eir router to the Google Home WAN port and follow the process in the Google WiFI app (automatic detection).

Section 3.4 > Subsection 3.4.5 for Bridge Mode

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/support/.galleries/pdfs/support-pdfs/user_manual_f3000.pdf

Sorry for the stupid question, but why did you need the bridge mode? Why not just disable the wifi?

Advertisement