Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lockdown - Have You Gained Weight?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have lost 4kg in last 4/5 weeks.
    It's grand during the day working from home and very busy so can avoid temptations.
    Issue I when it gets to 8/9 o clock in evening but doing decent so far.
    Also a lot of walks with the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Lost a bit of weight. For the first time in my life I've consistently maintained a cardio routine every single day. Never been able to do more than 2-3 runs per week in the past

It hasn't had too much impact on me losing weight though as I am eating more than usual out of boredom

Lost a bit....but was probably overweight going in,as was coming off hectic 12 months,when hadnt time to look after myself properly

Still on path to healthy,hopefully gyms will.open soon,though the 20KM extension will be great for cycling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

5 stone gained , from ipas daily and heroin and then tabs , no exercise as people wearing mask's and avoiding me on street are freaking me out , they are very rude and not sure what way to deal with them

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Gained about a stone but I'm back on track now. Back exercising 3/4 times a week, I tell myself i'm just going to exercise for 15 mins but once I actually start its easy to do at least 45 mins, it's the getting up off my ar*e in the first place that's the tricky part. I need to exercise in order to have the motivation for a good diet and I've missed the gym as a way of adding much needed variety into exercise.

Last 2 shops have been quite healthy. My issue is I always expect to see results in a months or 2 and when I only see a small improvement I give up rather then realising I was doing well and just need to be patient. My mate was supposed to get married this weekend and its rescheduled till this time next year so last sunday I set myself some goals and the timeframe is 1 year, ive never been consistent for a whole year but I reckon I can do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Homelander

Few KG gained due to laziness, too much drinking and eating out of boredom, neglection of exercise since gym closed due to lack of motivation. I don't mind though, nothing that can't be very easily reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Homelander

I've lost eight stone and I wasn't heavy to begin with.

I sincerely hope you meant LB there, or maybe KG, but hardly stone!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Have a read of the rest of the post! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Gained weight initially with unending trips to the fridge and binge watching box sets. I got my ass in gear mid april and have lost 19lb since.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Starting a new exercise class to try and address this later today.

Will be initiating a healthy eating program at the end of the month when the kids go back to creche, it's impossible to be disciplined when your life is dependent on coffee and sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Having lost 3 stone in the past year I managed to hold steady for most of lockdown. But up 4 lbs in the past fortnight having tried to increase my calories by 150 per day on advice of my doctor. Back to the lower limit I go.

All my usual training locked down - so I stepped up the training with my Jedi and with my partners - a lot more bruises than normal all around but it has kept things moving and the weight off. Running a bit more too.

Stepped up the meat consumption a lot and stepped down on the potatoes and rice and pasta.

I do want the old routines back though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't weigh myself. I don't even own a scales.

I do know however that I did gain weight. I'd say towards the middle of May I was the heaviest I'd been for a while. I'm generally a size 10-12 and I'd say I went to a 12-14.

I've been off sugar since mid May. Chocolate, biscuits, cakes etc. I'd say I'm back to my pre-lockdown weight, or close to it now.

Causes of the gain, I would attribute mostly to Easter and my Birthday falling in April and also just letting myself go because my Summer Holiday plans went down the flusher.

Feeling a lot better now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Ohio9

Quite the opposite. Started a new year's resolution in January to get to a healthy weight.
    Im 6ft 2" guy and I weighed 96kg. I'm down to 79kg now. Still having treats, I have 1 takeaway a week usually on Saturday.
    Just eating healthy and cut out 90% of snacks. On average i was losing 1kg a week or so.
    While I was already pursuing weight before lockdown, I think the lockdown has actually helped me stay on track. No meeting up with mates to go drinking has definitely been the biggest help.

96kg for 6ft2 is not even fat. At 79kg you just look like a twig weakling to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ohio9 wrote: »
    96kg for 6ft2 is not even fat. At 79kg you just look like a twig weakling to me.

Wouldn't say he gives a fook what you think tbqh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Ohio9

kfallon wrote: »
    Wouldn't say he gives a fook what you think tbqh

He would in a street fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ohio9 wrote: »
    He would in a street fight.

What do you think the probability is of you and him being in a street fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gained about 2 stone, i started to claw it back but then broke my ankle so i was right back to square one.

Im afraid to go out exercising now for fear i could hurt myself more.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tamara25

I have lost 8lbs since the start of the lockdown. Have only been doing a 2 day week at work so a lot more time for exercise. But the best thing I have done for weight loss is cutting out gluten. My aim is to lose another 6lbs & I will be at my goal weight. I am delighted, haven’t been able to lose weight for years and years...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I started a drug which has improved my health massively. I started it in September and by November I noticed I started putting on weight, coupled with cocooning as well since this pandemic started because I'm in an at risk group and I've put on 35 pounds since November. I'm so grateful my health has improved so much but the weight gain is depressing as fcuk. I wasn't skinny to start with :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Lucky Lou

Quite the opposite. Started a new year's resolution in January to get to a healthy weight.
    Im 6ft 2" guy and I weighed 96kg. I'm down to 79kg now. Still having treats, I have 1 takeaway a week usually on Saturday.
    Just eating healthy and cut out 90% of snacks. On average i was losing 1kg a week or so.
    While I was already pursuing weight before lockdown, I think the lockdown has actually helped me stay on track. No meeting up with mates to go drinking has definitely been the biggest help.

Well done but I hate you a bit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Nah no gym, I'm just skinny now. Doing pull ups isn't enough. Been walking a lot tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Lucky Lou

I have lost about 12 stone during lockdown.
    I still weigh the same but the hubby moved out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes up half a stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

simple answer is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I ‘look’ the same weight. I don’t have a scales at home so I can’t confirm. Used to weigh myself in the gym where a weight gain was... ‘ahhh that be the extra muscle’... :p

I’m snacking more, this I DO notice, think it’s a boredom thing... I’m exercising more though, bundles of time, energy, good weather... so hitting the park daily, maybe twice like today with the longer evenings it’s open till 9.pm which is brilliant. Got a good exercise bike , weights, resistance bands, a mat and one or two other gizmos so I’ve had no shortage of opportunity to keep improving my fitness, killing boredom, enjoying it and hopefully more fit, a decent healthy weight and healthy for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Have lost 9kg in the last 4 weeks the lock down snacking and knee surgery helped pile on the weight so happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

No. I've lost 3 pounds (converting back to imperial as Irish people tend to refer to height, weight, and quantities of alcohol consumed in those measurements). I'm 6' 2" and 194 lbs.

I don't think 'I'm headin out for a few 0.56826125 liters' will ever catch on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I'd love to head out for a few 0.56826125ls around about now

I'd far rather a pint alright, but beggars can't be choosers here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

xzanti wrote: »
    I don't weigh myself. I don't even own a scales.

If you're a healthy size then it's one less thing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

Not gained weight overall, probably 2/3 lbs down but tbh for the last month i've been trying to lose 1lb a week and i keep going up or down. My own fault, need to be stricter with calorie counting and go for walks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Down about 11 pounds, through calorie counting, no excercise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Started a healthy eating plan today.

The change starts now. Want to lose at least 1.5 stone by the end of summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Granny Smyth

A google search on this led me here. Now my scales are telling me that I have put on about 12lbs. Bar a bit of a belly I dont see a huge difference though. Not nearly a stone diference!
    Always been a size 10 though now I am a fat 10.
    Just wondering if its a diet or an eye test I need?
    Any diet advice welcome too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I lost half a stone,don't know how or even where,but the scales tell me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭pavb2

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Down about 11 pounds, through calorie counting, no excercise.

Ive been on a whiskey diet for the past week . . . I’ve lost 3 days already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

A google search on this led me here. Now my scales are telling me that I have put on about 12lbs. Bar a bit of a belly I dont see a huge difference though. Not nearly a stone diference!
    Always been a size 10 though now I am a fat 10.
    Just wondering if its a diet or an eye test I need?
    Any diet advice welcome too.

Eat less calories than you use and you will lose weight. Calorie deficit.

Use an app like myfitnesspal to log everything you eat . Make sure you are in a deficit every day.

Advertisement