Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

As has been noted, it's a holiday resort with so many people around. A man acting suspiciously in the bushes would cause concern. How did he know what they were checking on anyway? How would he know if anyone was in the apartment? This theory lacks plausibility.

This has all been discussed at length already, none of your conclusions are new ones.

That man committed a variety of crimes in PdeL over many years without arousing any suspicious whatsoever so it actually is very plausible, because it actually happened.

He could have been standing outside the apartments waiting for his wife and children, for all any of the passerby’s thought.
    There were also many places for him to hide if he chose to, as well.
    None of it would arouse suspicion, he would have looked like another tourist to them.

The theory is that he received a tip-off from someone inside the hotel that a bunch of Brits were leaving their children unattended every night while they went for dinner.
    As has been noted, the Tapas group booked the same table at the same time in the same restaurant every night & there was a note on their booking that their kids being asleep alone in the apartments was the reason for this.
    A wider range of staff had access to the booking schedule.
    It was common knowledge around the hotel.
    All it would take would be one of those people passing that info onto CB for him to be aware, and there’s evidence that this is exactly how he carried out some of his previous crimes.
    It was how he knew when vulnerable elderly women or a small child was alone, or when a property was ripe to be burgled.

All it would take would be to watch for a few nights to establish their routine, and take his opportunity in between checks. The apartment door had been left unlocked, and he was in and out before anyone even knew Madeleine was gone.
    I strongly suggest you watch the Netflix documentary if you haven’t already, because it explains it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SusieBlue wrote: »
    This has all been discussed at length already, none of your conclusions are new ones.

That man committed a variety of crimes in PdeL over many years without arousing any suspicious whatsoever so it actually is very plausible, because it actually happened.

He could have been standing outside the apartments waiting for his wife and children, for all any of the passerby’s thought.
    None of it would arouse suspicion, he would have looked like another tourist to them.

The theory is that he received a tip-off from someone inside the hotel that a bunch of Brits were leaving their children unattended every night while they went for dinner.
    As has been noted, the Tapas group booked the same table at the same time in the same restaurant every night & there was a note on their booking that their kids being asleep alone in the apartments was the reason for this.
    All it would take would be one of those people passing that info onto CB for him to be aware, and there’s evidence that this is exactly how he carried out some of his previous crimes.
    It was how he knew when vulnerable elderly women or a small child was alone, or when a property was ripe to be burgled.

All it would take would be to watch for a few nights to establish their routine, and take his opportunity in between checks. The apartment door had been left unlocked, and he was in and out before anyone even knew Madeleine was gone.
    I strongly suggest you watch the Netflix documentary if you haven’t already, because it explains it all.

Hiding , receiving tip off all that is nonsense,

The fella probably walked past same time as a McCann walked out the door of the apartment,

Just had a quick glace to see where they where off to and saw them sitting down to food and went straight in to the apartment to robbed it and came cross the kids by chance,

no chance he's taking tip offs or stalking people , to steal a child in a room with two other children ,

The first part shows use of his brain and being cunning the second part doesn't fit , He wouldn't go to that level of planning and take a chance with of one of 3 kids screaming ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Driving by for what, walking by for what, going for a drink for what? You're looking at this from after the event. How did he know there was a little girl left on her own in the apartment? He couldn't have had. Why would he hide in the bushes to watch poeople go into their apartment and out again? This all seems so far fetched.

You said a man acting suspiciously in the bushes would be noticed.. my point was if someone was scoping a place out for a crime of any sort they probably wouldn’t make it obvious that they were scoping the place out... like hiding in the bushes!

I don’t know if he scoped the place out, planned it, found the child during a chance burglary.. or even if it was him.

I’m just stating that your point about him standing in the bushes looking suspicious is ridiculous

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Montageofhell

Why would they pass any information to CB? I've watched the documentary and it doesn't explain any of this at all!

The fella probably walked past same time as a McCann walked out the door of the apartment,

Just had a quick glace to see where they where off to and saw them sitting down to food and went straight in to the apartment to robbed it and came cross the kids by chance,

no chance he's taking tip offs or stalking people , to steal a child in a room with two other children ,

The first part shows use of his brain and being cunning the second part doesn't fit , He wouldn't go to that level of planning and take a chance with of one of 3 kids screaming ,

I agree, it's just ridiculously far fetched, your theory is far more realistic.

Rock77 wrote: »
    You said a man acting suspiciously in the bushes would be noticed.. my point was if someone was scoping a place out for a crime of any sort they probably wouldn’t make it obvious that they were scoping the place out... like hiding in the bushes!

I don’t know if he scoped the place out, planned it, found the child during a chance burglary.. or even if it was him.

I’m just stating that your point about him standing in the bushes looking suspicious is ridiculous

I didn't bring up hiding in the bushes. :confused: I was just noting how implausible that was. So take it up with the poster who brought it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

You have to bear in mind this guy was an extremely good burgler.
    In order to do that time after time and not get caught requires meticulous planning. He's not just going to have a look at someone leaving an apartment and taker a chance that nobody else inside.
    I'm pretty sure he would be walking around the resort day upon day, night after night - and his main focus would be ideal candidates to rob valuables from, or even a young child. Maybe his sick personality had built up enough adrenaline in him that he was ready to take a child for his own enjoyment or maybe he had come in contact with someone who would purchase a young child from him.
    Anyway, that's one thing about a holiday resort, you can go anywhere, stand anywhere for as long as you want, and no suspicion is aroused. Almost everyone is off guard on holidays, almost everyone is a stranger.
    He could have seen the same group of people out for dinner every night. No kids with them. Very easy for him to wait around and see what they do with the kids. It's a warm area, so people will have windows open. He could stand outside and listen to conversations (if he understands English; I don't know).
    Some people on here seem to be of the opinion - "shure he couldn't be doing that". Of course he could. During the day, he could be lounging around the pool are in the hotel they were staying at. Getting bits of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

What and turned around went into the apartment to rob something but ended up with a child and got away Scot free for the next 13 years, one of the greatest opportunistic abductions of all time. Possible as he’d always had the idea of taking a child and the opportunity presented itself and off he went into the night. How didn’t Madeline scream in his arms or how did the other kids not wake up (even through the search when all the police and Tapas Crew were there). He was incredibly lucky, The odds must be humongous.

In order to do that time after time and not get caught requires meticulous planning. He's not just going to have a look at someone leaving an apartment and taker a chance that nobody else inside.
    I'm pretty sure he would be walking around the resort day upon day, night after night - and his main focus would be ideal candidates to rob valuables from, or even a young child. Maybe his sick personality had built up enough adrenaline in him that he was ready to take a child for his own enjoyment or maybe he had come in contact with someone who would purchase a young child from him.
    Anyway, that's one thing about a holiday resort, you can go anywhere, stand anywhere for as long as you want, and no suspicion is aroused. Almost everyone is off guard on holidays, almost everyone is a stranger.
    He could have seen the same group of people out for dinner every night. No kids with them. Very easy for him to wait around and see what they do with the kids. It's a warm area, so people will have windows open. He could stand outside and listen to conversations (if he understands English; I don't know).
    Some people on here seem to be of the opinion - "shure he couldn't be doing that". Of course he could. During the day, he could be lounging around the pool are in the hotel they were staying at. Getting bits of info.

I do agree he would be hiding in plain sight but hiding in bushes and getting tips just ridicules .

Exactly this ppl don’t leave things to chance, the plan plan and dream of the day over and over again to get their ultimate prize or scenario. They don’t think like the rest of us do so you have to think outside the box thinking of this guy.

• Advertisement

How do you know he's a burglar?

There’s evidence that’s he took tip offs from other people to complete some of his other crimes, so there’s no reason to think he didn’t do the same here.
    The apartment had roadside access, there were places for him to hide if he needed to while he watched. That’s the point I was making.

What and turned around went into the apartment to rob something but ended up with a child and got away Scot free for the next 13 years, one of the greatest opportunistic abductions of all time. Possible as he’d always had the idea of taking a child and the opportunity presented itself and off he went into the night. How didn’t Madeline scream in his arms or how did the other kids not wake up (even through the search when all the police and Tapas Crew were there). He was incredibly lucky, The odds must be humongous.

Yes exactly what I think happened,
    Sometimes the truth is stranger than fictions ,

Not sure what your getting at about the other kids not waking do you think he used something to knock them out or what are you trying to get at there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-bedroom-door-was-ajar-when-gerry-checked-508018

Does anyone remember anything else about this statement where gerry thought there may have been someone in the apartment on his previous check.

Would it have been possible for C.B to have slipped in and given her a sedative of some kind then hidden until check was completed and sedative kicked in. Obviously it would have been extremely risky but if he knew their routine after watching fir few days who knows

Yes exactly what I think happened,
    Sometimes the truth is stranger than fictions ,

Not sure what your getting at about the other kids not waking do you think he used something to knock them out or what are you trying to get at there ?

Either he did or the parents did. They didn’t flinch when the place was being turned upside down so Madeline has to have the same as they did. No screams as he walked away with her. They said they found no sedatives in the twins so would a heavy dose of Calpol knock them out? Surely their heavy sedation has links to Madeline been taken without a word or any witnesses.

There’s evidence that’s he took tip offs from other people to complete some of his other crimes, so there’s no reason to think he didn’t do the same here.
    The apartment had roadside access, there were places for him to hide if he needed to while he watched. That’s the point I was making.

I presume you mean tips on place's he stole from ?
    Which no doubt happens as young people working in these hotels give tips for cash on what rooms you can steal from so money is an incentive to them but that's a whole different world than giving you tip to adduct a child ,

Why would they pass any information to CB? I've watched the documentary and it doesn't explain any of this at all!

The theory is that there was some sort of mutually beneficial agreement with someone within the hotel who was tipping him off on what apartments could be burgled, and it’s likely that they mentioned the kids being there in passing not knowing what he’d actually do.
    It was common knowledge that the kids were being left unattended in empty apartments.

There was a huge amount of burglaries in the immediate area in the months leading up to Madeleines disappearance. CB was a convicted burglar, drug dealer, violent rapist and pedophile.
    It makes sense.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-bedroom-door-was-ajar-when-gerry-checked-508018

Does anyone remember anything else about this statement where gerry thought there may have been someone in the apartment on his previous check.

Would it have been possible for C.B to have slipped in and given her a sedative of some kind then hidden until check was completed and sedative kicked in. Obviously it would have been extremely risky but if he knew their routine after watching fir few days who knows

Yes and Gerry never went into the room even though he thought someone was in there. That’s your kids go in and check on them if you think someone was in there.
    Yes I do agree he could of been there longer and gave them something to sleep heavily but nothing came up in the tests after I recall. Either way Madeline made no cry’s that were ever audible or witnessed. Nothing just vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What's the story with this woman who says she saw Madeleine alive and well and speaking german in P de L, two or three years ago?
    Why is she only coming forward now? She was so certain it was her so why didn't she call the police at the time?

• Advertisement

Either he did or the parents did. They didn’t flinch when the place was being turned upside down so Madeline has to have the same as they did. No screams as he walked away with her. They said they found no sedatives in the twins so would a heavy dose of Calpol knock them out? Surely their heavy sedation has links to Madeline been taken without a word or any witnesses.

Ok but how woud he be tipped off that the kids where sedated or giving calpol but the parents ?

To do that himself doesn't make same either as there are 3 kids .
    How do you sedate a 3 without one raising the alarm or leaving any trace of the sedative ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

What's the story with this woman who says she saw Madeleine alive and well and speaking german in P de L, two or three years ago?
    Why is she only coming forward now? She was so certain it was her so why didn't she call the police at the time?

Genau!

I presume you mean tips on place's he stole from ?
    Which no doubt happens as young people working in these hotels give tips for cash on what rooms you can steal from so money is an incentive to them but that's a whole different world than giving you tip to adduct a child ,

No, nothing to do with cash tips for goodness sake.
    They weren’t tipping him off on where he could find a child to abduct, they tipped him off that the apartments would be empty with easy access during a specific window of time and that it would be ripe for the pickings.
    Perhaps they didn’t know that CB was a pedophile and rapist who would take the child too. But there is evidence that this is exactly how he carried out some of his previous crimes so it’s not impossible that he decided to do the same again.

I thought she did report it and they searched with no luck so it was no followed up, I dunno what link it is on but I recall hearing that lately with the report of that sighting resurfacing cause I remember saying Madeline night not know she’s Madeline.

Calpol is paracetamol for children and has no sedative properties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Not P de L , it was in Gale near Albufeira

• Advertisement

Ok but how woud he be tipped off that the kids where sedated or giving calpol but the parents ?

To do that himself doesn't make same either as there are 3 kids .
    How do you sedate a 3 without one raising the alarm or leaving any trace of the sedative ?

I doubt he was tipped off to that extent, maybe an accidental tip off of Hey Apt 3 is free from 8 onwards every half hour they do checks bla bla bla, I just think the link between them being unable to be woken when all that was going on in the aftermath has to be a link to Madeleines state when she was taken. IMO only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

99.999999% that was not Madeleine she saw,

Calpol is paracetamol for children and has no sedative properties.

Totally plausible to be used in a heavy dose as she woke the night before calling for her Dad. Nothing sinister about doing that but the part of doing it so you can go and leave them alone while you have dinner isn’t good parenting, that being said they didn’t deserve to pay for it like this.

The theory is that there was some sort of mutually beneficial agreement with someone within the hotel who was tipping him off on what apartments could be burgled, and it’s likely that they mentioned the kids being there in passing not knowing what he’d actually do.
    It was common knowledge that the kids were being left unattended in empty apartments.

There was a huge amount of burglaries in the immediate area in the months leading up to Madeleines disappearance. CB was a convicted burglar, drug dealer, violent rapist and pedophile.
    It makes sense.

You're adding two and two together and getting 50.

It wasn't common knowledge that the kids were left unattended. Some hotel staff new.

Do you think someone would have reported a hotel worker being friends with a criminal such as CB? Would the hotel worker not have come forward themselves or left an anonymous tip?

It doesn't add up.

ittakestwo wrote: »

Easily could be 99.9% it was her . That’ll always remain a possibility unless someone is discovered.

• Advertisement

No, nothing to do with cash tips for goodness sake.
    They weren’t tipping him off on where he could find a child to abduct, they tipped him off that the apartments would be empty with easy access during a specific window of time and that it would be ripe for the pickings.
    Perhaps they didn’t know that CB was a pedophile and rapist who would take the child too. But there is evidence that this is exactly how he carried out some of his previous crimes so it’s not impossible that he decided to do the same again.

Can't see this being the case at all
    If a person gave him that info for a robbery and then released Maddie was missing they would have no doubt alerted the police to CB before 13 years later ,
    They could have done so in many of ways not to implicate themselves ,

Iv said form day one this was lone wolf or parents to litte info for it to be anything but that,

I thought she did report it and they searched with no luck so it was no followed up, I dunno what link it is on but I recall hearing that lately with the report of that sighting resurfacing cause I remember saying Madeline night not know she’s Madeline.
    Ah right, I only read it in the paper couple of weeks ago. It came across like she was only coming forward atm but I haven't followed the story.

She says it was her for sure, she even got close enough to see that thing in her iris.

You're adding two and two together and getting 50.

It wasn't common knowledge that the kids were left unattended. Some hotel staff new.

Do you think someone would have reported a hotel worker being friends with a criminal such as CB? Would the hotel worker not have come forward themselves or left an anonymous tip?

It doesn't add up.

Nope, a huge range of staff had access to that book with the specific reason for the booking so they would have known the children were alone.
    He carried out previous crimes by receiving insider tip offs.

He went pretty much completely undetected from the authorities for 13 years, so yes it’s very believable that it went unreported. He committed many violent crimes in the general area but the true scale of his criminal behaviour went unnoticed until very recently. He got away with most of his crimes for over a decade due to lack of reporting and because he’s very talented at evading responsibility.
    It adds up, you just don’t want to see it.

Not P de L , it was in Gale near Albufeira
    Outside a supermarket is that the same sighting? 2017 I think it said. She said 'Maddie' was speaking german to another girl about the same age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

She says it was her for sure, she even got close enough to see that thing in her iris.

Why did she decide to wait three years to report it?

Why did she decide to wait three years to report it?
    Apparently she did report it but nothing ever came of it.

Madeleine has been constantly sighted all over the planet since she went missing so I suppose it would be hard for police to thoroughly investigate all sightings.

Ah right, I only read it in the paper couple of weeks ago. It came across like she was only coming forward atm but I haven't followed the story.

Would love to see a picture it an interview with that woman, was the girl well dressed, looking happy? does she know the Madeline case herself (As in the girl thought to be Madeline) Would love her to be alive somewhere if she has a normal life but didn’t know who she actually is, stranger things have definitely happened.

Can't see this being the case at all
    If a person gave him that info for a robbery and then released Maddie was missing they would have no doubt alerted the police to CB before 13 years later ,
    They could have done so in many of ways not to implicate themselves ,

Iv said form day one this was lone wolf or parents to litte info for it to be anything but that,

No doubt they would have alerted the authorities?
    Look at how many crimes he got away with without arousing any suspicion until very recently, and yet you find it hard to believe that his accomplice didn’t alert the authorities and tell on him?
    He is a dangerous, violent man, we have no idea what kind of arrangement might have been between them.
    Maybe they were terrified of being implicated or maybe there was some sort of personal threat was held over the other person so that they kept quiet.

Hopefully as more evidence is released it will become more clear what actually happened. But the fact that his phone pinged off the Ocean Club mast at around the time Madeleine went missing is very very telling.
    He got a call from someone who the police believe was involved or implicated in the kidnapping in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Not saying she is lying. She probably believes it is Madeleine. But the chance of it being her are extremely low.

Also how believable is that someone can recognize a 17 year old from a picture of when they are 3, And then claim they are ''sure'' it is them. How could anybody be sure of that. It is the sort of things police have to investigate and know they are wasting their time. How many ''sure'' sightings of Elvis has there been since he died?

Not saying she is lying. She probably believes it is Madeleine. But the chance of it being her are extremely low.

Also how believable is that someone can recognize a 17 year old from a picture of when they are 3, And then claim they are ''sure'' it is them. How could anybody be sure of that. It is the sort of things police have to investigate and know they are wasting their time. How many ''sure'' sightings of Elvis has there been since he died?
    Elvis!? I've never heard anyone say he is still alive!
    The guy's body was so screwed up with the amount of drugs he took and crap he ate that he is dead with a capital D.

• Advertisement

No doubt they would have alerted the authorities?
    Look at how many crimes he got away with without arousing any suspicion until very recently, and yet you find it hard to believe that his accomplice didn’t alert the authorities and tell on him?
    He is a dangerous, violent man, we have no idea what kind of arrangement might have been between them.
    Maybe they were terrified of being implicated or maybe there was some sort of personal threat was held over the other person so that they kept quiet.

Hopefully as more evidence is released it will become more clear what actually happened. But the fact that his phone pinged off the Ocean Club mast at around the time Madeleine went missing is very very telling.
    He got a call from someone who the police believe was involved or implicated in the kidnapping in some way.

Personally I don't believe for a second he got tipped off by someone who worked there ,

The case was to big for him to have accomplish that worked there and not come forward or mention CB to the police or anyone else who would have mentioned him, So many ways you could have got his name to the police without implicating yourself,

Do we know how many people even worked the night shift every night ?
    It's not the biggest of places, How many could possible know there nightly routine ?

PS of course I doesn't mean I am right its just my opinion

Nope, a huge range of staff had access to that book with the specific reason for the booking so they would have known the children were alone.
    He carried out previous crimes by receiving insider tip offs.

He went pretty much completely undetected from the authorities for 13 years, so yes it’s very believable that it went unreported. He committed many violent crimes in the general area but the true scale of his criminal behaviour went unnoticed until very recently. He got away with most of his crimes for over a decade due to lack of reporting and because he’s very talented at evading responsibility.
    It adds up, you just don’t want to see it.

So you believe a hotel worker tipped off CB and has remained silent about it for 13 years? Not even giving an anonymous tip?

Personally I don't believe for a second he got tipped off by someone who worked there ,

The case was to big for him to have accomplish that worked there and not come forward or mention CB to the police or anyone else who would have mentioned him, So many ways you could have got his name to the police without implicating yourself,

It's not the biggest of places, How many could possible know there nightly routine ?

It's actually a ridiculous notion when you think about it.

It's actually a ridiculous notion when you think about it.

I'm sure it happens but also if he done it before that's one thing but does he have a host off people working in different hotels for him ?
    Even if he did they would have got word to the police a long time ago

Personally I think its to far fetched

PS of course I doesn't mean I am right its just my opinion

You’re missing the point, it wouldn’t have to be someone working the nightshift. Reception staff, cleaners, waiters, managers etc all had access to that book.
    It was left open in a public space where anyone could see it, and they were the talk of the hotel for leaving the kids alone.
    Day staff could have passed on the info very easily.

Why would they come forward if they were under threat from CB? Or if it was possible they could be implicated, for either Madeleines kidnapping or other previous crimes?
    It isn’t exactly common for accomplices to serious crimes to fess up at the first opportunity. Thats the whole point of the current appeals, the police are hoping someone will crack and give them what they need to piece it all together.

The fact that he got tip offs for previous rapes, violent attacks and burglaries is extremely pertinent because it’s clear that this is how he operates.
    Whether it’s from threatening people, coercion or paying them off, he gets his info from others and uses that to scope out victims.
    When you consider both this and the phone call it’s not all that unlikely that this is what happened the night Madeleine disappeared too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I didn't bring up hiding in the bushes. :confused: I was just noting how implausible that was. So take it up with the poster who brought it up.

Sorry, my bad.

You’re missing the point, it wouldn’t have to be someone working the nightshift. Reception staff, cleaners, waiters, managers etc all had access to that book.
    It was left open in a public space where anyone could see it, and they were the talk of the hotel for leaving the kids alone.
    Day staff could have passed on the info very easily.

Why would they come forward if they were under threat from CB? Or if it was possible they could be implicated, for either Madeleines kidnapping or other previous crimes?
    It isn’t exactly common for accomplices to serious crimes to fess up at the first opportunity. Thats the whole point of the current appeals, the police are hoping someone will crack and give them what they need to piece it all together.

The fact that he got tip offs for previous rapes, violent attacks and burglaries is extremely pertinent because it’s clear that this is how he operates.
    Whether it’s from threatening people, coercion or paying them off, he gets his info from others and uses that to scope out victims.
    When you consider both this and the phone call it’s not all that unlikely that this is what happened the night Madeleine disappeared too.

Still think its is to far fetched, there is no evidence at all to suggest a worker was anyway involved ,

So you believe a hotel worker tipped off CB and has remained silent about it for 13 years? Not even giving an anonymous tip?

That’s the whole point of the current appeals.
    They are hoping the person will crack and come forward and give them what they need to piece it all together. They know that someone else gave him info or was helping him.
    That’s why they’re appealing for the owner of the phone number that spoke to CB on the night Madeleine went missing to come forward.

The alternative is that he was ‘lucky’ enough to randomly decide to burgle an apartment, having no prior knowledge if the occupiers would be home or not, only to find 3 sleeping unsupervised kids, giving him the perfect opportunity to kidnap one.
    I find that more far fetched.
    He isn’t stupid, there’s a reason he got away with all his disgusting crimes for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Attention seeker.

• Advertisement

Still think its is to far fetched, there is no evidence at all to suggest a worker was anyway involved ,

Yes there is, one such worker was identified who happened to have CB’s phone number stored in their phone. The staff member admitted passing info onto CB but they still think someone else was involved.
    Police have identified the Ocean Club employee who passed the information on to Christian B, said the newspaper Correio de Manha.
    It also reported that the employee had Christian B's mobile phone number in his own phone.

Last week, the phone number was issued by Scotland Yard and German detectives in a public appeal for information about the suspect.

Police suspect Christian B, 43, who had a history of burglary, sex abuse and other crimes, used the tip-off to try to steal valuables from the McCanns' apartment, but then kidnapped Madeleine.

Advertisement