Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Still think its is to far fetched, there is no evidence at all to suggest a worker was anyway involved ,

If you’re looking for evidence in this case then don’t hold your breath. The police didn’t come for an hour after they were called. I’m not criticising them at all for that. They were probably called to one of the complexes for a missing child at least every day and would turn up only to find that little Mary had been quickly found asleep under the pool table.
    But in that time every dog and divil was all over the apartment in the panic and even when the police came nobody suggested that it was a crime scene and would need to be protected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SusieBlue wrote: »
    That’s the whole point of the current appeals.
    They are hoping the person will crack and come forward and give them what they need to piece it all together. They know that someone else gave him info or was helping him.
    That’s why they’re appealing for the owner of the phone number that spoke to CB on the night Madeleine went missing to come forward.

The alternative is that he was ‘lucky’ enough to randomly decide to burgle an apartment, having no prior knowledge if the occupiers would be home or not, only to find 3 sleeping unsupervised kids, giving him the perfect opportunity to kidnap one.
    I find that more far fetched.
    He isn’t stupid, there’s a reason he got away with all his disgusting crimes for so long.

Random robberies happen all the time every where, Even more so in holidays resorts around Europe ..

Your making it out like this fella had a network of spies working for him in the area and he was some kind of master criminal,
    The apartment was road side he could have just seen them leave ,

You say "he isn't stupid "

He was caught on a slide with his pants down,he was caught abusing a girl in Germany , he was caught drug trafficking , he was caught with stolen fuel , He got caught for raping the women, He got caught for robberies ,

Didn't he show someone a video of abusing or raping someone ?

Call be crazy but he sounds a little bit stupid to me ,

Yes there is, one such worker was identified who happened to have CB’s phone number stored in their phone. The staff member admitted passing info onto CB but they still think someone else was involved.

The attached is just an extract from the mothers book ? No quote's from the police ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Random robberies happen all the time every where, Even more so in holidays resorts around Europe ..

Your making it out like this fella had a network of spies working for him in the area and he was some kind of master criminal,
    The apartment was road side he could have just seen them leave ,

You say "he isn't stupid "

He was caught on a slide with his pants down,he was caught abusing a girl in Germany , he was caught drug trafficking , he was caught with stolen fuel , He got caught for raping the women, He got caught for robberies ,

Didn't he show someone a video of abusing or raping someone ?

Call be crazy but he sounds a little bit stupid to me ,

The police know who tipped him off from inside the hotel to burgle the McCanns apartment, they just don’t have enough evidence to prosecute him without finding out the identity of the person he spoke to on the phone near the ocean club.
    I genuinely don’t get what’s so hard to understand about it. The police are sure that this is how he carried out the kidnapping.

The attached is just an extract from the mothers book ? No quote's from the police ?

It’s nothing to do with her mothers book, it’s a link to a Sky News article confirming that someone inside the hotel passed the info onto CB.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-b-was-tipped-off-by-praia-da-luz-hotel-worker-12002751

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

It’s nothing to do with her mothers book, it’s a link to a Sky News article confirming that someone inside the hotel passed the info onto CB.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-b-was-tipped-off-by-praia-da-luz-hotel-worker-12002751

And also had CB number in their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

splinter65 wrote: »
    Attention seeker.
    She is remaining anonymous. Surely an attention seeker would give their name and go to the press, try to get on TV.
    Nothing is straight forward about this case.
    German authorities are sure she is dead. Why do Scotland Yard keep on insisting that she is alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

She is remaining anonymous. Surely an attention seeker would give their name and go to the press, try to get on TV.
    Nothing is straight forward about this case.
    German authorities are sure she is dead. Why do Scotland Yard keep on insisting that she is alive?

It is all very bizarre. Scotland Yard received a lot of funding to pursue this sad case, so if Madeleine is gone, so does any future funding. Just surmising.

Sounds very grim at the dig site. We will find out sooner or later what has been uncovered. Not sure that it will include Madeleine, but that would be good wouldn't it? Hard to be objective because no matter what way you look at it, whatever we say is the wrong thing anyway. If she is there, it is awful, if she is not where is she?

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Montageofhell

They are hoping the person will crack and come forward and give them what they need to piece it all together. They know that someone else gave him info or was helping him.
    That’s why they’re appealing for the owner of the phone number that spoke to CB on the night Madeleine went missing to come forward.

The alternative is that he was ‘lucky’ enough to randomly decide to burgle an apartment, having no prior knowledge if the occupiers would be home or not, only to find 3 sleeping unsupervised kids, giving him the perfect opportunity to kidnap one.
    He isn’t stupid, there’s a reason he got away with all his disgusting crimes for so long.

Will crack? A hotel worker would not have held on to this for 13 years in fear of someone who's been in prison and would be locked up for life on the back of this. CB called someone for that phone call, was he calling from his hide out in the bushes?

The theory doesn't stack up I'm afraid.

The parents were at fault here.

If the child was abducted it was because she was left alone.

Its funny how you've not mentioned this before..

• Advertisement

Will crack? A hotel worker would not have held on to this for 13 years in fear of someone who's been in prison and would be locked up for life on the back of this. CB called someone for that phone call, was he calling from his hide out in the bushes?

The theory doesn't stack up I'm afraid.

I’m afraid it does stack up because the police have confirmed that they have identified the staff member in question who tipped off CB that the apartment would be unattended and available to burgle.
    The staff member in question admitted to passing the info on and also had CB’s phone number saved to their phone.

The only reason said staff member can’t be prosecuted is because it cannot be proven they knew CB was planning to kidnap a child, and also because Portugal has a statute of limitations.
    They also still think someone else is involved, hence the various appeals they’ve been doing with the intention to rattle some cages and trying to find out the identity of the phone number that CB spoke to at the Ocean Club that night.
    Some of this evidence and reports were only received last month, so it’s quite clear that it can sometimes take a number of years for people to come forward or for evidence to be found.

The link is on the previous page if you would like to check it out for yourself. So I’m afraid you’re quite wrong on the matter.

The police know who tipped him off from inside the hotel to burgle the McCanns apartment, they just don’t have enough evidence to prosecute him without finding out the identity of the person he spoke to on the phone near the ocean club.
    I genuinely don’t get what’s so hard to understand about it. The police are sure that this is how he carried out the kidnapping.

There is no mention from any police source in anything you posted?

Surely you can forgive me at this stage of following the case to not believe anything written in the media with no direct police quotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Its funny how you've not mentioned this before..

LOL. sorry it is a very sad topic though.

I'm under orders from the Boss/Mod to cool the jets, but the truth might hurt some, just saying :)

Ban incoming now I suppose sigh.

I’m afraid it does stack up because the police have confirmed that they have identified the staff member in question who tipped off CB that the apartment would be unattended and available to burgle.
    The staff member in question admitted to passing the info on and also had CB’s phone number saved to their phone.

The only reason said staff member can’t be prosecuted is because it cannot be proven they knew CB was planning to kidnap a child, and also because Portugal has a statute of limitations.
    They also still think someone else is involved, hence the various appeals they’ve been doing with the intention to rattle some cages and trying to find out the identity of the phone number that CB spoke to at the Ocean Club that night.
    Some of this evidence and reports were only received last month, so it’s quite clear that it can sometimes take a number of years for people to come forward or for evidence to be found.

The link is on the previous page if you would like to check it out for yourself. So I’m afraid you’re quite wrong on the matter.

The information in the link contradicts itself ,

It said a staff member passed on the info with no quote's from anyone to back it up .
    Then said he had his number in his phone .

Then it quote's Anthony summer and say's " Did he learn " & "Was there an accomplish "

So there either was or there wasn't ?

Again forgive me for not believing anything in this case without Police quotes anywhere

You keep saying the police have confirmed but we have not seen one quote from the police to say this ?

I'm not doubting you but its bold claim basically case solved , surely there are quotes from Police you can give us to back this up

The link with no quotes from the police?

What were you talking about CB creeping around in bushes for and staking them out if he had a spy on the inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

What? Is this for real? I never heard any confirmation of such.

What? Is this for real? I never heard any confirmation of such.

It's only speculation from a Portuguese newspaper from nearly two months ago.

Seems the story of the hotel worker tipping him off came from a paper in Portugal around on the 08/07

They used no quotes except the one from mothers book, saying the reservation book was left in a public area,

Its clear the paper put 2 and 3 together to get 4

Im surprised at people here after 13 years believing articles with no Police quotes or nothing official to back the paper claims up. no need to spread stuff with no official comment from Police on it,

It may turn out to be true but so far its nothing more than a rumour

There is no mention from any police source in anything you posted?

Surely you can forgive me at this stage of following the case to not believe anything written in the media with no direct police quotes

The first line of the article says:
    Police have identified the employee who passed the information on to the prime suspect, according to reports in Portugal.

Sky News is about as official as you'll get in these kinds of investigations, but a quick google will show you that all the mainstream media websites carried that same story, including The Times, The Guardian, The Independent, The Sun, The Mail, The Express, The Star and ITV News, among others.
    They quoted an unnamed police source, they can't all have printed a fake story, but if that isn't good enough for you I don't know how else I can help you.

A few pages ago you were denying it was even a remote possibility that the crime was carried out in such a way, so I showed you a source to suggest otherwise and you're still saying its not enough for you.

• Advertisement

Sky News is about as official as you'll get in these kinds of investigations, but a quick google will show you that all the mainstream media websites carried that same story, including The Times, The Guardian, The Independent, The Sun, The Mail, The Express, The Star and ITV News, among others.
    They quoted an unnamed police source, they can't all have printed a fake story, but if that isn't good enough for you I don't know how else I can help you.

A few pages ago you were denying it was even a remote possibility that the crime was carried out in such a way, so I showed you a source to suggest otherwise and you're still saying its not enough for you.

On the article they quote the Mother's book and Anthony Summer

Surely at this stage you know better ,

Again forgive me 13 years in for not believing anything but official police quote or reports

The information in the link contradicts itself ,

It said a staff member passed on the info with no quote's from anyone to back it up .
    Then said he had his number in his phone .

Then it quote's Anthony summer and say's " Did he learn " & "Was there an accomplish "

So there either was or there wasn't ?

Again forgive me for not believing anything in this case without Police quotes anywhere

Well you're taking those comments completely out of context, it looks to me as if he's questioning whether the accomplice was simply helping CB commit petty burglaries in the complex, completely unaware that CB had desires to abduct a child?
    "Did he learn from somebody who was complicit, not necessarily at all in abducting or murdering Madeleine, but perhaps in how to take advantage of people being away to rob an apartment?

"Was there an accomplice in that respect on the staff of the Ocean Club?"

Read the full first sentence!!!

Police have identified the employee who passed the information on to the prime suspect, according to reports in Portugal.

Also there has been nothing in any media in a month about this employee,
    Don't you think that's odd when basically that was the biggest missing person case ever solved?

Not a bit strange?

On the article they quote the Mother's book and Anthony Summer

Surely at this stage you know better ,

Again forgive me 13 years in for not believing anything but official police quote or reports

This is getting extremely tiresome, I can only assume you are being deliberately obtuse now. There is more to the article than Anthony Summers brief comment and the explanation from Kate's book about the restaurant.
    A crooked hotel worker and an innocent receptionist may have given Madeleine McCann's suspected abductor the opportunity to break in to her family's holiday apartment.

The employee tipped off Christian B that the McCanns and their friends ate each night at the same poolside bar, according to a Portuguese newspaper.
    The holiday complex receptionist noted the block dinner reservation in a staff register that was available for all to see at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz.

Police have identified the Ocean Club employee who passed the information on to Christian B, said the newspaper Correio de Manha.

It also reported that the employee had Christian B's mobile phone number in his own phone.
    Last week, the phone number was issued by Scotland Yard and German detectives in a public appeal for information about the suspect.

Police suspect Christian B, 43, who had a history of burglary, sex abuse and other crimes, used the tip-off to try to steal valuables from the McCanns' apartment, but then kidnapped Madeleine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Any mention of Christian B is definitely not a quote from Kate Mc Canns book . He was not heard of until recently

This is getting extremely tiresome, I can only assume you are being deliberately obtuse now. There is more to the article than Anthony Summers brief comment and the explanation from Kate's book about the restaurant.
    A crooked hotel worker and an innocent receptionist may have given Madeleine McCann's suspected abductor the opportunity to break in to her family's holiday apartment.

The employee tipped off Christian B that the McCanns and their friends ate each night at the same poolside bar, according to a Portuguese newspaper.
    The holiday complex receptionist noted the block dinner reservation in a staff register that was available for all to see at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz.

Police have identified the Ocean Club employee who passed the information on to Christian B, said the newspaper Correio de Manha.

It also reported that the employee had Christian B's mobile phone number in his own phone.
    Last week, the phone number was issued by Scotland Yard and German detectives in a public appeal for information about the suspect.

Police suspect Christian B, 43, who had a history of burglary, sex abuse and other crimes, used the tip-off to try to steal valuables from the McCanns' apartment, but then kidnapped Madeleine.

All the articles and reports are off the back of a Portugues newspaper. No actual police quotes. This from nearly 2 months ago.

Also there has been nothing in any media in a month about this employee,
    Don't you think that's odd when basically that was the biggest missing person case ever solved?

Not a bit strange?

I think its a bit strange that you have offered up nothing but your own imagination to support your theory that CB just decided to rock up to the McCann's apartment on a total whim to kidnap Madeleine, with no prior insider knowledge and no idea of the family's routine, yet you are scoffing at and dismissing everything I show you to suggest the contrary.

Well you're taking those comments completely out of context, it looks to me as if he's questioning whether the accomplice was simply helping CB commit petty burglaries in the complex, completely unaware that CB had desires to abduct a child?

So they have CB phone, they have this guys phone why hasn't he been arrested for questioning?

If he was surely there would be an officalll police report on that

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Any mention of Christian B is definitely not a quote from Kate Mc Canns book . He was not heard of until recently

The link quotes the mothers book on saying the reservation book was left in a public place

So they have CB phone, they have this guys phone why hasn't he been arrested for questioning?

If he was surely there would be an officalll police report on that

Google is your friend.
    Portuguese police sources said Christian B’s pal had been identified — and that he had the alleged snatcher’s mobile number in his contacts.

But Portuguese lawyers say charging him with being an accomplice to the abduction would fail because it would be impossible to prove he meant to assist the crime.

And even if intent is proved, he cannot be charged as Portuguese cops never pursued the lead in 2007 — and any potential case would now be too old to bring to court.

That article is again just taken from the Portuguese newspaper. :pac: No police quotes.

That article is again just taken from the Portuguese newspaper. :pac: No police quotes.

You are just so transparent & obvious, it's pretty hilarious :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

The more you think about it the more insane this idea is

2 months ago they catch the guy who alerted Maddies kidnapper that the parent had left her alone and he hasn't been arrested or named and its not on the front pages of every paper and the parent or police have not made any comments on it?

They solved the biggest missing person case possibly ever and no media mentioned it bar from that small peice from a month ago?

That's a no for me

You are just so transparent & obvious, it's pretty hilarious :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:confused: What's that reply all about? A bit rude.

• Advertisement

2 months ago they catch the guy who alerted Maddies kidnapper that the parent had left her alone and he hasn't been arrested or named and its not on the front pages of every paper and the parent or police have not made any comments on it?

They solved the biggest missing person case possibly ever and no media mentioned it bar from that small peice from a month ago?

That's a no for me

A Portuguese newspaper printed a story, obviuously it would be massive news so it seems like most news agencies reported what the paper had stated. Surely there would be some follow up on this massive story? Not a peep since.

That's a no for me

Apparently German police have been investigating CB for Madeleine's disappearance for over 3 years, yet we only found out in June of this year. There is a lot of info that still hasn't been released to the public. I am sure it will all become more clear in time.
    The case isn't solved yet, they still need more evidence. They've been pretty specific about that, hence all the appeals.

Is there an official report of an ex employee being arrested for questioning there must be?

How did they go through his phone without arresting him?

But the article said there was price he abetted the crime of Robbery by giving CB the details, why wasn't he charged

Is there an official report of an ex employee being arrested for questioning there must be?

How did they go through his phone without arresting him?

But the article said there was price he abetted the crime of Robbery by giving CB the details, why wasn't he charged

You'll have to ask Sky News for an explanation, or maybe get them to contact their source to ask for you.

You'll have to ask Sky News for an explanation, or maybe get them to contact their source to ask for you.

You mean the Portuguese newspaper? That's their source.

• Advertisement

Who knows maybe your right in the end

Who knows maybe your right in the end

It could be someone on the inside. Would be an amazing slip from a few different police forces in not investigating the employees thoroughly though. And for the employee to not come forward.

At the moment, the only source is a Portuguese newspaper. Follow up investigations from reporters from other newspapers et cet. haven't been able to back this up.

The more likely theory is one of opportunism or pure luck. How he got her out without Madeleine screaming is a mystery as well. Maybe Madeleine left the apartment herself as CB just happened to be passing by.

The one thing we all know is we don't know
    So untill we do I'm not going to 100% write anyone off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Whatever they find, whether it’s enough to pin it on CB or not or provide her parents with definitive closure, CB should be locked up for life without chance of parole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The more likely theory is one of opportunism or pure luck. How he got her out without Madeleine screaming is a mystery as well. Maybe Madeleine left the apartment herself as CB just happened to be passing by.

Just on this point, a family that lived in my town had a man take their young daughter from her bed. She didn’t wake up. (He was caught only a short distance away, carrying the sleeping child). So it’s entirely possible, and the deepest sleep cycle is at the beginning of the night.

Multipass wrote: »
    Just on this point, a family that lived in my town had a man take their young daughter from her bed. She didn’t wake up. (He was caught only a short distance away, carrying the sleeping child). So it’s entirely possible, and the deepest sleep cycle is at the beginning of the night.

Yes, that's very possible. For this abduction to take place, a lot of luck was involved, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Quick question

Will the german authorities have to release what they found at the cellar whether its maddie related or not??

Some of the officers in the pics look fairly distraught with whatever they are looking at. Could be related to other missing children etc.

Anyways just curious if they have to release any statement going forward and how long it would take...

To be honest the Express article pictures looked like they were yawning to me, Daily Mail style reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

To be honest the Express article pictures looked like they were yawning to me, Daily Mail style reporting.

That's a fair point... I dont think theres much point jumping the gun until we have a release... there is lots of kids missing all over europe... maybe this guy has nothing to do with any of them or maybe hes the kingpin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It could be someone on the inside. Would be an amazing slip from a few different police forces in not investigating the employees thoroughly though. And for the employee to not come forward.

At the moment, the only source is a Portuguese newspaper. Follow up investigations from reporters from other newspapers et cet. haven't been able to back this up.

It's not luck or opportunism. He had planned it - maybe not with a hotel insider. I don't know. But you don't just rock up into an apartment,see a child and decide "Ooh, I'll take a bit of that for myself". And get away with it for 13 years. He would need to make sure that no DNA is left - hair, skin in the event of a child scraping. He'd have to have some idea of the parents movements to take a chance in swiping one of their children. He's need to make sure no security cameras in the area - on the building or in the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

and get ten years in prison? In the Hunt for the Prime Suspect Dr Alexander Stevens said it was now a murder hunt so anyone who came forward admitting to have helped would be looking at ten years
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/1909/175143/0/Madeleine-McCann%3A-The-Hunt-for-the-Prime-Suspect

• Advertisement
Advertisement