Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Anyone else find the whole phone number thing weird ?

Yes. very.
    "Of the phone numbers, one was known to have belonged to the suspect, while the other number belonged to someone who spoke with the man for 30 minutes, "just over an hour before Madeleine was last seen," said British police in a separate press briefing."
    Bangkok Post

They also said it called the suspects phone from outside the area, to make this statement they must be checking some data records of mobile phone activity ?

Can I ask where you saw this? I haven't seen this reported, but i've only seen a few stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Why is there even a discussion about who is responsible for abducting and killing a child?

This place is in ruins

They kept themselves at the front pages of the media as much as possible. They have made their millions from book deals and exclusive interviews, they live for the fame, it's only fair that if they work so hard to make themselves celebrities they are in the public eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Like it or not, listening services are/were common at resorts such as the one the mccanns stayed in. Having previously used resorts under the brand Mark Warner, Kate expected there to be a listening service at the resort. When there was not, they essentially carried out a listening service of their own.

'' Although Mark Warner offered a listening service at its other complexes -- where a nanny tours the rooms every half an hour and listens for crying children -- they have never offered it at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz.''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

limnam wrote: »
    When you decide to go out on the p|ss and not arrange child care for 3 kids under 4 leaving them home alone. Then yes. You're to blame.

Yes because there was babysitting services, not like that table couldn’t afford childcare plus everyone is forgetting the paths they took back to the restaurant and the strange things you don’t just after the child went missing, leaving the twins on their own after they said an abductor was in the apt. The suspicion is caused by the Mc Canns actions not anyone playing detective, they’ve benefited hugely from this, a lot of that money is unaccounted for, mortgages paid off all that. So anyone resolving them of complete blame are off their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

They are responsible for leaving them alone. They are not responsible for a potential abduction, or whatever happened to her after that. The creep who took her is responsible for that. Or would you prefer to see Kate and Gerry locked up and whoever took her be left of Scott free? After all, “they are responsible”.

Yes they made a massive mistake. You know that, I know that, everyfcukingone knows that. No one knows it more than they do as 13 years later they are still without their daughter. What purpose does it serve to continually shame them for that? They paid the ultimate price. It’s almost like people think because they left her they deserve to have lost her.
    That’s messed up.

It's almost like the baying mob would like to see Gerry and Kate locked up, and give the paedo abductor a pat on the back saying ''Completely understandable mate''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Anyone else find the whole phone number thing weird ?

I remember arriving in Faro and Vodafone had a pop up stand selling €10 SIM cards with 10gb data.

The numbers were probably not used before or after, so maybe they are hoping someone got a “here’s my local number in Portugal for the next week while I’m on holidays” text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I remember arriving in Faro and Vodafone had a pop up stand selling €10 SIM cards with 10gb data.

The numbers were probably not used before or after, so maybe they are hoping someone got a “here’s my local number in Portugal for the next week while I’m on holidays” text

You would assume that someone smart enough to be in and out of there undetected through a small window of time after doing whatever amount of surveillance undetected would be smart enough to buy a new sim for the crime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

oh i do apologize. how clumsy of me to make such an error.

The contempt for the child, and her parents, right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

You would assume that someone smart enough to be in and out of there undetected through a small window of time after doing whatever amount of surveillance undetected would be smart enough to buy a new sim for the crime

Yea you would think so. Although a lot of these people get caught as they acted on impulse or an opportunity arose...

• Advertisement

sxt wrote: »
    Complete Policia Judiciaria files and documents of the Madeleine McCann Investigation.

Case files

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAGE_ORDER.htm

Inquiry files and documents

[URL] http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm[/URL]

Photographs

[url] http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PHOTOGRAPHS.htm[/url]

Report by Chief Inspector

[url] http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm[/url]

No this is not an official report though. This is a translation of a report which has, as you know, been discredited and discounted many times. Embarrassing for you that you decided to use it here yet again as evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,804 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The curent investigation is working on the theory that the crime was opportunistic, not pre-planned. Thus the perpetrator would have done no advance preparation. If the perpetrator planned anything in advance, it was a burglary, for which he would not have needed to use a phone, and so would have no occasion to equip himself with a single-use unregistered SIM card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭claregal1

I haven't read the whole thread- think I got to page 10 ..but what I've read , reminds me of the Trevor Deely thread . ( Which was closed down because of the far fetched conclusions people were jumping to )
    Too many armchair detectives on this thread , each with their own conclusion .
    As a parent , no , I've never left my children on their own whilst on holiday or at home , it would never enter my mind to do so .
    Do I think the McCanns are guilty..NO but I firmly believe, they made an error of judgement that night, along with their friends who also left their children alone whilst they dined every night . I'm quite sure the McCanns have never had a proper night sleep since .
    When I heard the news Wednesday night about the pedophile in jail , my stomach turned, can you even imagine how her parents are feeling ?
    No , the majority on this thread are hell bent on their theory of what may or may not have happened to Maddie and not one bit of concern towards a four year old little girl , that was more than likely snatched by a pedophile and what she may or may not have went through if that is the case . Instead , floating around the armchair fiction and discussing absolutely bs, all for the sake of sweet feck all else to do . Pathetic the lot of ye ...surprised the German and Met police aren't beating down your doors with all the information and facts ye claim to know offering you all jobs !

GarIT wrote: »
    They kept themselves at the front pages of the media as much as possible. They have made their millions from book deals and exclusive interviews, they live for the fame, it's only fair that if they work so hard to make themselves celebrities they are in the public eye.

Can you give us a link to where the McCanns made millions for themselves from book deals and exclusive interviews and also of their celebrity lifestyle. Thanks.

GarIT wrote: »

Can you post the actual factually link to this please in relation to the millions and celebrity life they aim to be .
    Not a conspiracy link , but an actual factual link , where they have been investigated by the proper authorities for this . Thanks

claregal1 wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread- think I got to page 10 ..but what I've read , reminds me of the Trevor Deely thread . ( Which was closed down because of the far fetched conclusions people were jumping to )
    Too many armchair detectives on this thread , each with their own conclusion .
    As a parent , no , I've never left my children on their own whilst on holiday or at home , it would never enter my mind to do so .
    Do I think the McCanns are guilty..NO but I firmly believe, they made an error of judgement that night, along with their friends who also left their children alone whilst they dined every night . I'm quite sure the McCanns have never had a proper night sleep since .
    When I heard the news Wednesday night about the pedophile in jail , my stomach turned, can you even imagine how her parents are feeling ?
    No , the majority on this thread are hell bent on their theory of what may or may not have happened to Maddie and not one bit of concern towards a four year old little girl , that was more than likely snatched by a pedophile and what she may or may not have went through if that is the case . Instead , floating around the armchair fiction and discussing absolutely bs, all for the sake of sweet feck all else to do . Pathetic the lot of ye ...surprised the German and Met police aren't beating down your doors with all the information and facts ye claim to know offering you all jobs !

Sure you’re playing detective now. People want to know what happened the girl, doesn’t mean they don’t care about her when in actual fact if they are wondering what happened her they are showing they do care. Everyone plays detective cause we all like to indulge in that and it’s not a criminal offence or uncaring, we are all fascinated and the majority surely want her to be still alive and come back to her family. If ppl don’t like the thread then just leave it instead of bashing people’s opinions, like your opinion is yours and I respect that but don’t be coming on playing the Saint and demonizing everyone else it’s very hypocritical in my opinion. I could be wrong also but that’s the joy of a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

spurious wrote: »
    Mistake or not, I think subsequent events were more than enough punishment for them.

The only person punished was the poor innocent child.

Paying for what is been called a "mistake"

splinter65 wrote: »
    No this is not an official report though. This is a translation of a report which has, as you know, been discredited and discounted many times. Embarrassing for you that you decided to use it here yet again as evidence.

Why do people keep using it to prove the McCanns were innocent then.

Sure you’re playing detective now. People want to know what happened the girl, doesn’t mean they don’t care about her when in actual fact if they are wondering what happened her they are showing they do care. Everyone plays detective cause we all like to indulge in that and it’s not a criminal offence or uncaring, we are all fascinated and the majority surely want her to be still alive and come back to her family. If ppl don’t like the thread then just leave it instead of bashing people’s opinions, like your opinion is yours and I respect that but don’t be coming on playing the Saint and demonizing everyone else it’s very hypocritical in my opinion. I could be wrong also but that’s the joy of a thread.

Fascinated? By a child going missing?
    Saint ? By saying how upsetting I found it Wednesday night when it was on the news that a pedophile was a suspect and they were treating the case as murder ?
    Are you actually for real ? A child has been missing since 2007 and you call this fascinating? Wow , I truly hope if you have children or ever do have children and one of them goes missing, that you wouldn't take offence at a public forum finding it "fascinating " . Wow ..actually kinda shocked that you would even label a missing child case as "fascinating ".
    Shocking

oh pipe down.

Why ? Cos I'm shocked at grown adults letting their obviously under stimulated imagination run away with them on a public forum? Jumping to conclusions, about a child that is missing presumed dead by a pedophile?
    I actually have no words - I actually don't..as I said this reminds me of the Trevor Deely thread ..where people on that thread were actually walking the route Trevor went home and counting steps..
    I'm baffled by grown adults determined to make up their own conspiracies as to what happened to an innocent child .
    Then again I don't feel the need in my head to solve crimes , I just feel sadness at what may have happened to that poor little 4 year old girl .

Why ? Cos I'm shocked at grown adults letting their obviously under stimulated imagination run away with them on a public forum? Jumping to conclusions, about a child that is missing presumed dead by a pedophile?
    I actually have no words - I actually don't..as I said this reminds me of the Trevor Deely thread ..where people on that thread were actually walking the route Trevor went home and counting steps..
    I'm baffled by grown adults determined to make up their own conspiracies as to what happened to an innocent child .
    Then again I don't feel the need in my head to solve crimes , I just feel sadness at what may have happened to that poor little 4 year old girl .

Pretty long post from someone with no words.
    I just feel sadness at what may have happened to that poor little 4 year old girl .

If everybody simply wallowed then no crime would be solved. It's a natural instinct to consider unsolved crimes, even if not actively involved in police work. It's also fair to highlight where the parents went wrong, especially when some people don't think what they did was abnormal.

Lastly, it's a public forum for discussion... if you don't like it you can ask for your money back.

• Advertisement

Fascinated? By a child going missing?
    Saint ? By saying how upsetting I found it Wednesday night when it was on the news that a pedophile was a suspect and they were treating the case as murder ?
    Are you actually for real ? A child has been missing since 2007 and you call this fascinating? Wow , I truly hope if you have children or ever do have children and one of them goes missing, that you wouldn't take offence at a public forum finding it "fascinating " . Wow ..actually kinda shocked that you would even label a missing child case as "fascinating ".
    Shocking
    Fascinated is the word I used, it’s a public forum we aren’t in the courts. So don’t be twisting my words at all to suit your agenda. Fascinated can be used in many contexts so for you to twist it is very devious, how about you ask so what do you mean by fascinated instead of putting your little twist on it. Demonizing ppl for an opinion in a case everyone is interested in and like yours it’s only an opinion. I never said anything about you being upset being an issue so again stop twisting words that aren’t there. I was hoping for a reasonable debate not a twisting of words. Lastly a child missing case I didn’t label as fascinating. Fascinated in my context is people eagerly interested in the case and deeply invested in it just to give you some context to help my words not to be twisted. These are my points not twisting yours I will remain respectful I ask the same of you. If you are unsure and need clarity ask don’t assume, thanks.

Can you post the actual factually link to this please in relation to the millions and celebrity life they aim to be .
    Not a conspiracy link , but an actual factual link , where they have been investigated by the proper authorities for this . Thanks

What proper authorities would investigate them to see what they did with proceeds of their book deal? What are you on about?

Pretty long post from someone with no words.

If everybody simply wallowed then no crime would be solved. It's a natural instinct to consider unsolved crimes, even if not actively involved in police work. It's also fair to highlight where the parents went wrong, especially when some people don't think what they did was abnormal.

Lastly, it's a public forum for discussion... if you don't like it you can ask for your money back.

Yes it is a public forum and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as everyone else.
    Mine is ..what is wrong with people to be debating over a missing child on a public forum.
    And you are right, for someone with no words , I'm a little shocked to be honest .
    Anyways , I have a life , don't need to be posting my theories on a public forum, looking for thumbs up etc etc .
    This reminds me of Gemma Doherty a little bit...all bluff but no facts .
    Have a nice day everyone with your fictional armchair Enid Blyton "who done it "
    Oh and when you all have solved the mystery of a missing 4 year , make sure you post it here before going to the relevant authories with the crime solving folder packed full of boardies clues and conclusions.

Yes it is a public forum and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as everyone else.
    Mine is ..what is wrong with people to be debating over a missing child on a public forum.
    And you are right, for someone with no words , I'm a little shocked to be honest .
    Anyways , I have a life , don't need to be posting my theories on a public forum, looking for thumbs up etc etc .
    This reminds me of Gemma Doherty a little bit...all bluff but no facts .
    Have a nice day everyone with your fictional armchair Enid Blyton "who done it "
    Oh and when you all have solved the mystery of a missing 4 year , make sure you post it here before going to the relevant authories with the crime solving folder packed full of boardies clues and conclusions.

Such attention seeking... *sigh*

Augeo wrote: »
    What proper authorities would investigate them to see what they did with proceeds of their book deal? What are you on about?

Link to what they did with book proceeds?

Such attention seeking... *sigh*[/quote
    You okay hun x

You okay hun x

Have respect, this is a thread discussing the disappearance of a child and no place for banter.

See, you're not the only one that concoct feigned outrage.

Such attention seeking... *sigh*

You okay there hun ?

Have respect, this is a thread discussing the disappearance of a child and no place for banter.

See, you're not the only one that concoct feigned outrage.

Oh apologies, I was merely asking were you okay with the "sigh"

Fascinated is the word I used, it’s a public forum we aren’t in the courts. So don’t be twisting my words at all to suit your agenda. Fascinated can be used in many contexts so for you to twist it is very devious, how about you ask so what do you mean by fascinated instead of putting your little twist on it. Demonizing ppl for an opinion in a case everyone is interested in and like yours it’s only an opinion. I never said anything about you being upset being an issue so again stop twisting words that aren’t there. I was hoping for a reasonable debate not a twisting of words. Lastly a child missing case I didn’t label as fascinating. Fascinated in my context is people eagerly interested in the case and deeply invested in it just to give you some context to help my words not to be twisted. These are my points not twisting yours I will remain respectful I ask the same of you. If you are unsure and need clarity ask don’t assume, thanks.

Whoops, apologies if I upset you and you felt the need to explain yourself to me .
    Getting back to the fact , a child has been missing since 2007 , now presumed dead and a pedophile is the main suspect .
    That in my humble opinion should be the only thing concerning all.posters on this thread .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Who has discounted the report, who has descredited the report?

It's the official report from the chief investigating Portuguese officer

Augeo wrote: »

What your saying is that it’s fine to allege that the McCanns have made millions personally out of book deals and interviews and there’s absolutely no need to produce and evidence to back this allegation up because...well, it’s the McCanns and everyone knows that their fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

It’s just jealously and begrudgery. The cheek of someone with an accent like kate pulling herself up by her bootstraps. And she nabbed herself a doctor on the way. Bloody cheeky bitch thinks she’s better then us.

Okay we get it you've the hots for Kate McCann. It's painfully apparent after you said earlier everyone who criticises her is jealous of how successful and sexy she is which was very bizarre and reeks of projection. Each to their own I guess.

No it’s not. It’s a translation from Portuguese to English by an amateur with an agenda which has been dismantled almost point by point many times.

Whoops, apologies if I upset you and you felt the need to explain yourself to me .
    Getting back to the fact , a child has been missing since 2007 , now presumed dead and a pedophile is the main suspect .
    That in my humble opinion should be the only thing concerning all.posters on this thread .

I explain myself when my words are being twisted. Now enough of this tit for tat. Enjoy the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

It would be a massive help if her parents told the truth about the 24 hrs leading up to her disappearance

A report people keep using to show why the McCanns are innocent

Bizzare now the claim it's discredited.

I wish people would make up their mind.

The reason we're still talking about it this long and thousands of other children are forgotten is people are fascinated by the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Okay we get it you've the hots for Kate McCann. It's painfully apparent after you said earlier everyone who criticises her is jealous of how successful and sexy she is which was very bizarre and reeks of projection. Each to their own I guess.

Perfect example right here of how nasty things turn when the conspiracy theorists begin spewing their bile into a thread - and ALWAYS especially this particular case....things always get nasty, and it always begins to get personal from the "McCanns did it" side of the tracks. They're just not capable of not getting nasty towards others.

2U2Me, you asked me was I talking about this thread when I alluded to people's vitriol, well here you go now, here they come crawling out of their dingy little sewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

The contempt for the child, and her parents, right there.

I fail to see how making basic spelling error shows contempt to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

No it’s not. It’s a translation from Portuguese to English by an amateur with an agenda which has been dismantled almost point by point many times.

Here are the summary points(labelled A-I) from the official Portuguese report, and below is the translation.

Is there a hidden agenda behind this translation?

[img][/img]https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2601.jpg

.. Page continued

[img][/img]https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2602.jpg

From everything that was exposed from the AUTOS, we conclude that:

A) The minor Madeleine McCann died in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort, on the night of May 3rd of 2007;

B) It was performed a simulation of kidnapping;

C) In order to avoid the death [alarm] of the minor before 22H00, it was created a situation of the children's surveillance by the McCann while the children slept;

D) Kate McCann and Gerald McCann are involved in the occultation of the cadaver of their child Madeleine McCann;

E) At this moment, there seems that there aren't strong indicia that the death of the minor didn't happen due to a tragic accident;

F) From what was obtained until now, everything points out that the McCann, as self-defence, didn't want to deliver immediately and voluntarily the cadaver, existing a strong possibility that the same was transported from the initial place of deposition. This situation is susceptible to raise questions about the circumstances under which the death of the minor occurred.

So we suggest that the 'Autos' be sent to the EX.mo Sr. Procurador Geral da R'ublica [General Attorney], in order to:

G) New interrogation of the Arguidos Kate and Gerry McCann;
    H) Evaluation of the measure of restraint to be applied in this case;

On the course of the house search to the residence of the McCann, a manuscript was found, a sort of diary, already photocopied, possibly authored by Kate McCann, and admitting that the same may contain elements that may help to reach the material truth of the facts, WE PROPOSE THAT:

I) The photocopies of such document to be presented to the M.Mo Judge regarding its apprehension, if legal, translation and eventual recovery of elements to bring into the 'Autos' for future investigation.

CONCLUSION

On the tenth of September, two thousand and seven
    A
    Chief Inspector

Tavares de Almeida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

It would be a massive help if her parents told the truth about the 24 hrs leading up to her disappearance

I don't doubt their innocence, but one thing that I'm not clear about is that on the night she was abducted, Gerry and his friend went back to the chalet (from the restaurant) to check on the kids, they checked the twins, but didn't look closely at Madeline?

Not sure if I remember that right.

I don't doubt their innocence, but one thing that I'm not clear about is that on the night she was abducted, Gerry and his friend went back to the chalet (from the restaurant) to check on the kids, they checked the twins, but didn't look closely at Madeline?

The story is that they looked into the room and checked on the kids and felt there was someone in the room but still went back down to the dining area. The amount of BS from them two no wonder ppl are questioning their motives.

The reason we're still talking about it this long and thousands of other children are forgotten is people are fascinated by the story.

Fascinated is the wrong word ..curious maybe a better word to use .
    What about the other kids that went missing in Portugal in or around the same time , why not discuss these kids or their parents at great lengths?
    Anyways , all I hope is that her parents get some closure and finally find out what happened to Madeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Peregrinus wrote: »
    The curent investigation is working on the theory that the crime was opportunistic, not pre-planned. Thus the perpetrator would have done no advance preparation. If the perpetrator planned anything in advance, it was a burglary, for which he would not have needed to use a phone, and so would have no occasion to equip himself with a single-use unregistered SIM card.

I don't see how this could have been opportunistic. Given how soon the alarm was raised after the abduction (20 mins?) and the enormous attention it received immediately, I don't think it would have been possible to move the child undetected and without leaving a trail or evidence without some form of plan and help. Even without help, the window of opportunity to do anything would have been very small with little margin for error. I cant see how someone who unexpectedly found themselves with a little girl could either kill her and dispose of the body so quickly without leaving any evidence, or contact someone who would take her and get her to that person alive without leaving any evidence, particularly if it is all happening in the spur of the moment with the alarm already having being raised.

Whatever about the abductor, any help which was solicited after the abduction without any prior knowledge would surely have been likely to slip up in some way given they were reacting to a situation and there would have been some degree of panic. I find it hard to believe that any accomplice would not have done something stupid, either in the heat of the moment or as the attention grew. Particularly someone not in on the initial abduction, they are far more likely to go to the police at some point and pin it on the other person, rather than risk getting caught and have themselves look more guilty.

I find it very hard to believe that someone acting on impulse could abduct her, get her to a location to kill her, then dispose of the body without leaving evidence. Passing her on would have been very difficult and I doubt any pedophile even wanted her after the initial few hours as the story was so hot. More likely is there was a plan in place to move her somewhere immediately and someone was already arranged to take her. The people involved all being in on it from the beginning makes them more likely to stick together all this time.

• Advertisement

Fascinated is the wrong word ..curious maybe a better word to use .
    What about the other kids that went missing in Portugal in or around the same time , why not discuss these kids or their parents at great lengths?
    Anyways , all I hope is that her parents get some closure and finally find out what happened to Madeline.

Because the parents of the other kids were not supported by government HR rep's

Nor where they able to spend millions on media and con artisits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I have no proof they were involved etc . All we have proof of is that they are covering something up . Maybe their own negligence to avoid prosecution themselves i dont know. But they talked utter BS from the day she disappeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have no proof they were involved etc . All we have proof of is that they are covering something up . Maybe their own negligence to avoid prosecution themselves i dont know. But they talked utter BS from the day she disappeared

I have no real feelings for the McCanns. I deeply sympathise with them losing their child.

They were not involved in any way with the abduction.

They simply made a very reckless decision that allowed someone else to abduct.

There is no way they’d be still so resolute and in the media and fighting this if they were the culprits. Someone would have cracked. Someone would know. Someone would come forward.

It appears that this man in Germany is a very strong candidate here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What is this proof of a cover up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Babooshka wrote: »
    Perfect example right here of how nasty things turn when the conspiracy theorists begin spewing their bile into a thread - and ALWAYS especially this particular case....things always get nasty, and it always begins to get personal from the "McCanns did it" side of the tracks. They're just not capable of not getting nasty towards others.

2U2Me, you asked me was I talking about this thread when I alluded to people's vitriol, well here you go now, here they come crawling out of their dingy little sewers.

First of all, I haven't spewed bile or made anything personal. If you're so precious that anyone disagreeing with you is immediately seen as vitriol or being a hater you should probably lay off the internet. All I did was question an odd statement made by a poster on the forum where anyone questioning the McCann's dubious parenting skills is immediately put down as being jealous of the beautiful and successful Kate and Gerry McCann as the poster alleged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement