Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emulator's

Options
  • 03-06-2020 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Looking for an emulator for original xbox games since they look s***e on the xbox one. The xbox 360 games on xbox one look s***e ! aswell its all blurry and not sharp definitely not 1080p Can anyone recommend me a legal emulator for the original xbox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

I don't think any group managed to make a decent emulator for PC. I think there's one that can only run Halo. You won't get the quality of emulation like with the Japanese consoles.
    Games on the 360 already run on an emulator written by Microsoft. It's very unlikely that there will be a 3rd party say PC emulator better than that.

I bought the original Xbox on Adverts.ie

The first thing you want to do is take out the hard drive and dump the drive key from it. This way you can image a standard IDE computer hard-drive with the same key and have unlimited storage.

This also allows you to install an alternative launcher that allows you to launch your games from *.iso files instead of grinding the DVD drive (it wears it out to use DVDs). With any classic console you need to using a hard drive instead of laser drives that break.

Once you have a new drive in it you can also connect it to hour home router and access it via LAN to drag-and-drop new games.

The OG Xbox has VGA video output you can connect to any 4:3 office computer monitor. That's the highest image fidelity you will get out of it. VGA is not bad. Though the cable might be harder to find.

Advertisement