Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Cops think they are super-heroes now - More police brutality overnight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Haven't seen a meltdown like this since I watched HBO's Chernobyl

Is this what working from home does to some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

in order of importance, liberals, then black lives matter? Not very liberal of them at all is it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Billy Mays wrote: »

great to see you back on the wagon,
    you see its not so hard, you can contrbute a post without refering to genatalia or orifices.
    keep it up
    the next step is actualy forming an opinion, coming up with an idea and expressing it to others , but thats a bit more advanced, for now just continue with the basic posting without using Grays Medical Anatomy as your thesaurus...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if these protests have taught us anything, its that social distancing is unnecessary.

if these protests have taught us anything, its that social distancing is unnecessary.

And either a failure to understand time or that a virus doesn't immediately manifest itself upon contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Ive been consistent in condeming the violent protestors but after seeing this latest example of police brutality in the US, I have to correct myself.
    Seems US cops think they are super-heroes now as they enforce the evil totalitarian dictats of their comander in chief.

The body-cams they were wearing play out the whole sick perverted injustice of it all.

Last night in Illinois , more evidence of police brutality was laid out for all of us, even me to see. We can no longer deny the existence of elements within the police force that are ripping the fabric of society apart.

I am shocked, in fact I may need a safe space after seeing this example of systemic police racisim. From the body cam one of the officers appears to be a white male.. quelle surprise... no surprise there we all know what these guys are capable of.

I think these cops actually brutalised the window as they smashed the glass to access the burning room.

Im sure they traumatised the girl as they called out to her in harsh tones to follow the light and come towards them. Perhaps the ACLU or SPLC can take up a case for compensation for her.

And no doubt one of the officers probably grabbed the little tyke roughly as he leveraged her out of the room just before it was engulfed in flames.

Who do I contact to express my outrage at this police brutality?

Can we have a march, will Eyre Sq be available or is it boooked out for micro-macro eco-social justice aggression assemblies for the next month...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1613938/Video-Police-rescue-resuscitate-dog-apartment-fire.html

Just as with George Floyds killer, I hope these cops get exactly what they deserve, maybe the main stream media could put this on the headlines today and run this story for a few hours to make sure these cops get their just desserts (as long as its not cheescake).

Could a liberal please help me to construct some rhetoric on this , fitting in systemic racism , police brutality, orange mand bad and Nzi into my condemnation of police officers saving a young life... have they no shame.

Ive no doubt the Radio 1 talk shows will cover this, how could the ignore so flagrant police brutality, when they assemble for expresso in Montrose (via ZOOM) on Saturday morning to out outrage each other in climbing the Everest of moral high ground.

If this is what teh world has come too, then theres no future, how can we have a future if two brave male police officers risk their lives to save a complete strangers child from certain death .
    Identity politik that !

For every good act they have done over the last few days (and there are good officers) there have been 100 bad acts done by the bad ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

splinter65 wrote: »
    Police = bad
    George Floyd was a good man and an excellent father. He woke up when one of the mothers of one of his kids delivered their baby.
    If the pregnant woman whose house he was robbing had just handed over her purse then he’d never have pointed his gun at her abdomen.

What about Floyd criminal past warranted being murdered on the street?

Nothing. That’s what.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If you paid for a college education I recommend you request a refund on the basis your literary skills have not progressed.

If you didnt pay for one then that would explain your crudeness.
    Excuse me if I dont join you in the race to the bottom in usage of the English language.
    and you were progressing so well, but have slipped off the wagon so quickly.

Mod: @RIGOLO - don't post in this thread again, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm not a big fan of CA's version of Mr. Fegelien. He's way more right wing and nonsensical than the AH version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Overheal wrote: »

Nothing. That’s what.
    You win some you lose some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭coolbeans

thanks its always nice to be proven right.

Liberals like I said earlier always more interested in elocution (or in this case grammar) than election.

YOu found another reason to haul those cops up in front of the identity politics thought police... I re-watched the video of them risking life and limb to pull the petrified child from the blazing room, and , I hope your ready for this, I hope your in a safe space before I say it cos this is bad. I mean its really bad, not like whats in the sarcasm in my OP, this is bad Im not even sure I should say it cos then we will both be in agreement on how evil and militaristic these thugs in jackboots have become. But before I tell you, obviously this also confirms our suspicion these police men moonlighting in the moon light as fireman are indeed the N word (1936 Germany n word). So here goes , I hope your ready for it .... He used a gender binary pronoun...

I know these thugs know no boundaries, perhaps in the heat (literal flames licking the building) we can excuse him this slip and just put him on desk duty and some academia indoctrination.

liberals , in order of importance
    BLACK LIVES MATTER - top of the list
    next comes how to use an apostrophe ...

Priceless, caught rotten after bloviating about other's use of English then completely ignores the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

What about Floyd's criminal past warranted being murdered on the street?

Nothing. That’s what.

And what about his comeuppance justified days of rioting, looting, murder and destruction?

Nothing, that's what.

Nermal wrote: »
    And what about his comeuppance justified days of rioting, looting, murder and destruction?

Nothing, that's what.

Quite a lot actually but there’s another thread for that.

Good lord, OP is clearly a sarcastic post. How do people not pick up on this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nothing. That’s what.

The poster you quoted makes some fantastic contributions in a very fraught and often time sensitive part of boards.

However, then I see some posts like the one you have quoted, and it makes me want to shake them.

George Floyd had a criminal past, yep!
    That doesn't mean that anyone had a right to take his life in the process of an arrest.
    Particularly in the course of an arrest for a non-violent crime, and of an unarmed, non resisting person.

If we are reaching the point where Criminal's can be executed on the street by dint of their past and without the due process that is being afforded to those accused of this murder?
    Well then I for one vote we go the whole hog and bring it in Mega-City One style street judges and uniforms!

Let's make our dystopia stylish!

The degree of whataboutery on here regarding the circumstances of this killing is abhorrent.

I don't think he's a bit sarcastic, doesn't have the talent. However with his oft used peculiar scribing of the word "TRump", I have assumed that the usage of "TR" is his hint of the beginning of the word used to describe what he's up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Billy Mays wrote: »

Honestly, this is an improvement in posting style to RIGOLO's earlier works WHICH INVOLVED SOAPBOXING WITH ALL CAPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I think its time to delete my Boards account...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you paid for a college education I recommend you request a refund on the basis of your literary skills have not having progressed.

If you didn't pay for one then that would explain your crudeness.
    Also, you haven't identified a baseline from whence the progression of the poster's literary skills might be measured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

How many new threads a day does a forum need on all this (the US's wonderful satanic forces of law and order oppression, the leader dictator of the Free World Donald Trump, heroic Black Lives Matter protesters/looters/anarchists [alter strikethroughs depending on US political allegiance]). Makes me curious how big a chunk of active population of the website (or this forum anyway) is American or living in the US? Just wondering out loud?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Edgware wrote: »
    We know Floyd was a dirtbird and no great loss. But theres ways of getting him behind bars without him being killed. If in due course his criminal career resulted in him going to the electric chair I dont think too many would mourn him

What I would like to know is this:

Does anyone one here condone the public execution of someone despite their past criminal history?

There seems to be a few who think him being summarily killed in the street is fine and acceptable and that should extend to anyone with a "past".

But to those who are au fait with the man being killed ex-juris can you explain why you think that such a system is acceptable?

Should somebody be killed if they have a criminal past....as specifically should one be killled even after they have served the time for the crime that they were convicted?

I suppose my question is this. If one committs a crime....is apprehended, charged, tried, convicted and sentenced.....one then serves that sentence.......is that person then less afforded the rights of society?

If that person gets knelt on or beaten to death, does the original transgression come into that person's bereavement of human rights?

Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

circadian wrote: »
    Wise up. There is clearly an issue with some in the police force being violent or overly aggresive in their approach. Your post is just facetious and belittles the actual problems people are trying to highlight.

But I know your post history so I'm not surprised.

Ah, get lost man.

I could come on here and complain about the NYPD shoving a plunger up a guy's anus and then pulling it out after his spleen had been ruptured and then ramming it into his mouth breaking all his teeth (Abner Louima) or a bunch of LAPD beating a guy to within an inch of of like or tasing grannies on their porches or thrashing people to death, some of them under the age of 10 and you'd still give them a pass.

The fcuking Russians and the Chinese don't even do that to people. I have friends from South Africa and they witnessed some barbarity but never along the lines of what US cops dish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

What I would like to know is this:

Does anyone one here condone the public execution of someone despite their past criminal history?

There seems to be a few who think him being summarily killed in the street is fine and acceptable and that should extend to anyone with a "past".

But to those who are au fait with the man being killed ex-juris can you explain why you think that such a system is acceptable?

Should somebody be killed if they have a criminal past....as specifically should one be killled even after they have served the time for the crime that they were convicted?

I suppose my question is this. If one committs a crime....is apprehended, charged, tried, convicted and sentenced.....one then serves that sentence.......is that person then less afforded the rights of society?

If that person gets knelt on or beaten to death, does the original transgression come into that person's bereavement of human rights?

Just wondering.
    Don't even know if this is the right place for this point because of so many of these threads, but here goes.

No I don't think anyone on here condones the public execution of someone despite their past criminal history.

But what I do think is that in the grand scheme of things more people are willing to trust in and side with the forces of law and order than with the person who has died.

Put it to you this way.

In Ireland if a traveller with multiple convictions gets killed by Gardai (while not actually doing anything wrong) would people be up in arms.

They would not, they would just see it as one less <instert pejorative term for traveller here> to worry about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

That just doesn't tend to happen though, so the analogy doesn't work because they're protesting the fact that it happens all the time.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I don't think he's a bit sarcastic

Honestly, if you read past:

I think these cops actually brutalised the window

Without realising, then your sarcasm meter needs adjusting.

Advertisement