Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q Refusing Cash Tranactions

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I honestly do not know but i think the regulation is utility bill + ID.
    Say someone on benefit or pension sure all the info already on PO system.
    Why need a license if not driving, or passport if not friend of MOL..

I know its the rule for me as i have to prove i am alive every 2 years...

The rules are clear & in the link I provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Discodog wrote: »
    The rules are clear & in the link I provided.

I did not these rules applied to people who lived in the same house for 50 years with PRSI + utility bills.
    Crazy stuff for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why should someone have to pay for a passport that they will not use?

They will use it, as ID to open a bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

So that they can use it for any application that requires identification.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I honestly do not know but i think the regulation is utility bill + ID.
    Say someone on benefit or pension sure all the info already on PO system.
    Why need a license if not driving, or passport if not friend of MOL..

I know its the rule for me as i have to prove i am alive every 2 years...

Guidance notes are what you say. Not regulation but criminal justice act 2010 as amended is any information or documentation that can identify and verification of the customer,

Drivers licence can be used instead of passport as set out in guidance notes.

• Advertisement

Because of the pushback on a usable national ID card which most other countries have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Febreeze wrote: »
    Pretty sure most buisness now are opting for card payments rather than cash. I know when I go back to work, I'm sure my employer is going to do the same. I haven't used cash since March when it all kicked off.

I know its frustrating but I'm sure you can understand their logics behind it too. There should of been a reminder on their websites or somewhere online informing this as people still use cash. Standing a around for 40mins tops only to be told you cant use cash would flip anyone off. I'm sorry to hear about that OP but I think any business can decide which method of payments they wish to recieve.

Hopefully you won't have to que up for too long next time you go in as I haven notice that ques seem to be a lot shorter in comparison.

B and Q accepted cash that s morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

joeguevara wrote: »
    Because of the pushback on a usable national ID card which most other countries have.

The Government never legislated for a national ID card only for a card to pay social welfare and the card can not legally be used for ID in most situations outside that

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

B and Q accepted cash that s morning

This thread should be closed because it was reported they have been accepting cash without problems all along, except for the first few days after they reopened as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

SPDUB wrote: »
    The Government never legislated for a national ID card only for a card to pay social welfare and the card can not legally be used for ID in most situations outside that

Actually it’s up to organisations to decide what they accept as ID. For example to vote you can provide a work or student ID

What you can’t do is call the PSC a national ID card and make it mandatory for people to accept it

If a company states they accept it as ID, that’s not illegal

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Actually it’s up to organisations to decide what they accept as ID. For example to vote you can provide a work or student ID

What you can’t do is call the PSC a national ID card and make it mandatory for people to accept it

The exact legislation was quoted and linked to

The exact legislation was quoted and linked to

Yeah, you’re right. I was wrong. I even read it the other day too!

It actually is illegal to seek the PSC for ID as it has the PPS number on it and is considered excessive under data protection requirements to request a doc with PPS as an identification. Furthermore the PPS does not have a date of birth on it which is actually is required to identify a person.

Yeah, as I said yesterday...
    Yeah, you’re right. I was wrong. I even read it the other day too!

Advertisement