Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Allinall wrote: »
    Who are you claiming is mentally ill?

It's a bit of fun. Some light relief during a time when we're surrounded by doom and gloom.

Lighten up ffs.

A bit of fun? I'm not easily offended, but if some randommer that I served coffee to once, went on national radio declaring he loved me, when he doesn't know my name, let alone if I'm Irish, or if I'm married or have a partner I certainly don't think that's a bit of fun.

He sounded like a stalker, and absolutely shouldn't have been given a second of airtime.
    I really hope the poor girl isn't too frightened by this. It should not have been aired. The whole thing was badly thought through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Caller should have rung Lavhline where such nonsense is regular fare and who knows there could have been a death, a spot of cancer or a "dog of the pandemic" involved if the show had been properly researched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Kamili wrote: »
    It should not have been aired. The whole thing was badly thought through.

Agreed. Could not believe what I was hearing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0204/1195051-courts-cork/

Andrea is simply not good enough for national radio; she wants the listeners to carry the show for her. I was only listening today because I heard she was discussing workplace bullying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

Agreed. Could not believe what I was hearing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0204/1195051-courts-cork/

Andrea is simply not good enough for national radio; she wants the listeners to carry the show for her. I was only listening today because I heard she was discussing workplace bullying.

This is the whole point of the show.

A la Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

A la Liveline.

Contribute, yes. Not carry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

A la Liveline.

Not a fan of that show, but at least the host can interview and carry the program.

That segment was bonkers. I'm all for romance and taking a chance but that story seemed a bit off to me. He thinks her name is Joanna and he loves her. Bonkers.

Pretty sure this story is manufactured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

Pretty sure this story is manufactured.

Could be..made me switch off anyway.

I don't think I've made it past 20 minutes listening to this awful show.

mikep wrote: »
    Could be..made me switch off anyway.

I don't think I've made it past 20 minutes listening to this awful show.

To add insult to injury the caller had an irritating way of talking.

• Advertisement

Oh FFS. No-one at any level has suggested manditory vacination.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

the cross border travel fines /5km fines is going to be very messy.. it plays into alot of unionist arguments about brexit.. i.e. we went full force saying no borders as a result of brexit, breaches gfa etc, cant be policed or controlled, now we will do with fines.. not that i agree, but could be seen as hypocritical..

Some crashing bore Spencer (?) who I never heard of before crapping on aimlessly about the stigma of being a non-drinker. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

What a load of crap.

They gave this Spencer guy nearly a quarter of an hour to sh1te on about his business...
    FFS makey uppy radio..

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Some crashing bore Spencer (?) who I never heard of before crapping on aimlessly about the stigma of being a non-drinker. :rolleyes:

call me cynical but with his "Mrs" going on about "clickity clack" of the lid of the laundry tablets, I think he is just trying to market himself and make money as Covid has reduced the earning power of a lot of these "celebrities"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

call me cynical but with his "Mrs" going on about "clickity clack" of the lid of the laundry tablets, I think he is just trying to market himself and make money as Covid has reduced the earning power of a lot of these "celebrities"

He was promoting his alcohol free gin or something similar. I know he launched his company a while ago and that kind of interviews are part of the promotional activity for non or low alcoholic drinks he is selling.

I suspect he is doing quite well so I don't think it was desperation but it was pure advertising.

Another amazing piece of advertorial for an auctioneering firm looking for items for their forthcoming collectables sale. Imagine, this could lead to a programme - we could call it "Cash in the Attic". Talk about a topic that has been flogged ("Flog it") to death. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

She just said Shít live on air talking about dog poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

zell12 wrote: »
    She just said Shít live on air talking about dog poo

Big deal.
    It is dogshít.

I am shocked and appalled, I've a good mind to write a strongly worded tweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

After finishing a long meeting I turned on the radio and Lunchtime Live was on.

People giving out about dogsh1t on the streets - something that drives me absolutely nuts - and suggestions to take DNA samples from the crap like the Germans do.

Followed up by introducing a fella called Badger who once tattooed Britney Spears.

I turned off at this stage.

She's just awful and I have the show on in the same way as I listen to Lavhline - another train wreck. Britney Spears - I couldn't care less and I didn't know until this programme whether she was dead or alive. As for having some asshole who doesn't have a real name on the show. :rolleyes:

Oh Andrea. I'm not talking to the woman but I could still catch that it was this month the poor woman lost her mother.

Caller: college is harder in your bedroom, everything is harder in your bedroom
    :pac::pac:

fair points made on irish placenames, the anglicised 'bastardisation' of irish placenames are nonsense and don't mean anything.

callers having difficulty getting deliveries using irish placenames even with an post is a joke..

Shinners desperate for publicity? This lad needs to get a life.

is everyone who speaks irish a shinner now?

gourcuff wrote: »
    is everyone who speaks irish a shinner now?

I didn't say that but he seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about the wicked Brits - 800 years of oppression and all that - if the cap fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I didn't say that but he seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about the wicked Brits - 800 years of oppression and all that - if the cap fits.

Historical fact.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Historical fact.

Yeah, yeah but Ireland has had a hundred years to get over it. As I say, there are serious things need doing in this country and fecking about with placenames is not one of them.

Advertisement