Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Did I just hear a whole segment about men being fùckers for calling women girls...followed by an interview with a woman who goes by the name of Girl Drinks Guinness or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I didn't hear either segment but it sounds plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

of course, they all have lovely bottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

Getting free time on a national radio station probably helps

why is everyone Andrea is talking too sounding like they’ve wandered in off at Stephenson green and not “killkinny ciddy”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Today they are discussing whether the names of Farrow and Ball paints should be changed to vegan-friendly names. Not the paint itself, the name of the paint (e.g. 'Skimmed Milk White' should be called 'Oat Milk' and 'Smoked Trout' should be called 'Smoked Mushroom').

Ignoring the sheer and utter nonsense and stupidity of the issue itself, how does a radio producer deem that even worthy of being a lead off topic on a talkshow. Immediately switched over to a music channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Jesus. I usually switch off at 12 anyway, but how does she think she will be taken seriously with topics like that?

I know it must be hard being next on the schedule from PK, but she or her producer should try and keep the nonsense off her desk. Thats a topic for Adrian Kennedy or maybe Loose Women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the show is below the quality that you would expect at 3am, never mind a midday show, following Pat Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Whiny animal rights group takes issue with overpriced paint colour names.🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

I was in the car when that topic came on and my first thought was this thread haha. Like if I was Andrea I'd actually be embarrassed to have to do it. It's the type of thing that would make you question your career choice.

If she ever leaves the station and is asked to do an exit interview, she should just play the recording of today's show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it's on the hard shoulder too (probably was on all shows as newstalk like to do) along with the major issue of people scanning a cheaper option at self service checkouts

Sean moncreif does this stuff far better , a bit of incredulity without verging into Jeremy Clarkson style harrumphing . Andrea just raises her voice an octave and wails “ BUT SURRLY , we have to think of animals. Siobhan you’re on the line , do you think of the animals….”

Advertisement