Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far do you hit your clubs?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sounds like a long par 4?

Typo, its 445M.
    Yesterday I hit a good drive and good rescue to it, that bit of rain has made a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

RoadRunner wrote: »
    ^ lol. This.

There isn't a simple linear relationship between mis-hits with a lower versus higher swingspeed equating to distance offline.

A sliced 200y drive misses the centerline by 20 yards, well common knowledge (and simple maths) would suggest the 300 yard drive equivalent with the same mis-hit will be just be 30 yards off the centerline. It's not like that. It's exponential. Doesn't help that's the same spot where the course tightens up on most modern courses. Alright enough with the dechambeau-ing no one likes that guy./QUOTE]

No offence, but think you are completely wrong on this, and a lot of people are too. The bottom line is that longer hitters are better golfers. Not just longer alone. Golf isnt like drawing maths on a page. The equivalent thing you give is only true if the lad hitting the 300 yard drive is equally erratic to the 200 yard lad. But hes not. Not only is he longer, he is also more accurate. So more likely still only to be 20 yards off line, but still winning from being 100 yards further on the hole.
    The idea that longer means risking further off line, only works for a given person. If he tries to hit it longer he probably ****s up big time. And also has your maths idea you wrote in his head. So concludes longer is more eratic, shorter is straighter. Which is fine for him. But not for golfers overall. Compare a long hitter with a short one, and this doesnt apply. The shorter guy is not only not straighter, hes probably actually less straight. Maybe not explaining it fully, and some people resist what Im saying here because it removes the comfort that even though their not long, they must be straighter. But thats wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

No offence, but think you are completely wrong on this

647227721e2d6952636c01425b61ce4d--futurama-gifs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

Majority of amateurs think they are way longer than they they actually are . Ie they pound on a 7 iron , comes out of the sweet spot and goes 155 , this happens one out of 10 times , but belief is your are 155 for a 7 iron .
    Id be taking 5 to 10% off nearly all the averages quoted in the previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

slingerz wrote: »
    I did a gapping session with the pro and track man and to be honest I found that the distances recorded on that were considerably longer than I would play regularly on my home course. For example I might hit a 9i 135M at home but according to track man it was going 147M on average.

Anyone find track man to overstate your distances

Maybe trackman was in yards. If you used metres to yards conversion. 135m = 147 yards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement