Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to buy a car in Covid

• 04-06-2020 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I have recently sold my car and intend to buy a new one. I have my eyes on a particular car in Galway which is being sold for a reasonable price. I live in Dublin. In this current covid-19 scenario, I take I can not travel from Dublin to Galway to buy that car?

Has anyone else driven from one city to another? Are there any Garda checkpoints on motorways?

Thnaks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Travel of this nature definitely prohibited. However enforcement is now pretty much non existent as can be seen by traffic levels. I drove close to 500km all over the midlands and Connaught yesterday without seeing a checkpoint. (all allowed essential travel) Only motorway check point I heard of was on the M1 at Julianstown but that was in the early stages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I know someone who just brought back a car from Belfast in the last few days

Advertisement