Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All major retail outlets to be permitted to open from next Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I dont get the shopping centres restriction, many shopping centres are partially open now which have supermarkets in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Good luck getting staff when competing with a 350 weekly government welfare payment to sit on your backside.

Good luck getting staff when competing with a 350 weekly government welfare payment to sit on your backside.

That payment will come to an end as businesses open- if you refuse to work, you've essentially fired yourself. if you do that, any unemployment benefit payment may be in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I dont get the shopping centres restriction, many shopping centres are partially open now which have supermarkets in them.

I expect legal action by retailers that are overly affected. Plenty have basically no stores with street access.

In my local s/c, there is a Dunnes, an optician, a health food store, a bakery and two phone shops open as well as some takeaway food outlets. More than 50% of the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you're reading this and you haven't been hit financially by the restrictions, i'd humbly ask you to consider going out and spending as much as you can reasonably afford in your locality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Everyone knows that scheme will end so I don't buy it as a concern really.

Changes are already being made to it for those that were working part time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I dislike shopping centres. I doubt I'm alone. They suck the lives out of independent shops in the Community and in the towns and cities. But it is what it is.

They might need to instal HEPA filters like the airplanes, they are convinced that system filters out 95% of viruses. Way to go now!

Advertisement