Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent/buy a little land (acre) around sixmilebridge .

• 04-06-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Ok so I would like to buy a plot of land for planting veg and generally spending time outside, would love some forestry with a field as would enjoy the nature too. Have looked online and all I can find is very expensive plots because they have planning (which I dont need). Essentially I'm looking for some "hobbie land" to call my own around the sixmilebridge area and asking if there is anyone out there that could help or give me suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Keano_ wrote: »
    Ok so I would like to buy a plot of land for planting veg and generally spending time outside, would love some forestry with a field as would enjoy the nature too. Have looked online and all I can find is very expensive plots because they have planning (which I dont need). Essentially I'm looking for some "hobbie land" to call my own around the sixmilebridge area and asking if there is anyone out there that could help or give me suggestions? Thank you in advance.

2 options:
    Green Valley Properties might be the people to contact.

OR

Approach a local farmer and lease some land off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Keano_

Deagol wrote: »
    2 options:
    Green Valley Properties might be the people to contact.

OR

Approach a local farmer and lease some land off them.

Thanks Deagol, I hadn't come across Green Valey Properties in my searches, I'll keep an eye out for new listings. I did try 1 or 2 local farmers but they were not very forthcoming with anything about their land (I've only lived here about 15 years and have no local family so they didnt seem chatty when they could place me with a family line they know), it has been a busy time for them so I'm putting it down to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I know someone who dealt with them and told me they were a little different than a normal estate agent. Might be worth ringing them and asking them to keep an eye out for a small parcel. I was looking at one myself up in Crag at one stage, about an acre of scrub / pine trees.

Farmers will tend to be cautious about letting land out - good fences make good neighbours - and no neighbours makes good sense ;)

You could try putting up an advert in the local shop like Crowes maybe? One problem with leasing land is the grants etc that go with it. It can make more sense to have the land fallow than have someone leasing it. I'm not an expert on how it works so maybe ask in the farming forum for some advise on what arrangement would best suit a farmer for leasing / renting land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Keano_

Deagol wrote: »
    I know someone who dealt with them and told me they were a little different than a normal estate agent. Might be worth ringing them and asking them to keep an eye out for a small parcel. I was looking at one myself up in Crag at one stage, about an acre of scrub / pine trees.

Farmers will tend to be cautious about letting land out - good fences make good neighbours - and no neighbours makes good sense ;)

You could try putting up an advert in the local shop like Crowes maybe? One problem with leasing land is the grants etc that go with it. It can make more sense to have the land fallow than have someone leasing it. I'm not an expert on how it works so maybe ask in the farming forum for some advise on what arrangement would best suit a farmer for leasing / renting land.

Will do, thanks again for your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Advertisement