If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tv

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

fabsoul wrote: »
    Hey Fabsoul.

Thanks for the post.

Both are great televisions to be honest.

It is a hard decision between the two as they are so closely spec'd and have the same features.
    Both have Apple Tv, Disney+ Etc....

The LG might pip it though with being direct lite whereas the Samsung is edge lite.
    Both are 50Hz and 10Bit (8bit + 2FRC).

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,
    this model -

Possible to have rte player on this or install it ?

Can I link this to a network home server ?

saorview compatible ?

record to a hard drive ?

thanks
    nice tv, you have stock of this ?
    K

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,
    this model -

Possible to have rte player on this or install it ?

Can I link this to a network home server ?

saorview compatible ?

record to a hard drive ?

thanks
    nice tv, you have stock of this ?
    K
    Hi Karltimber.

For the RTE player the statement would be:
    The original RTÉ Player Smart TV app is still available on models of Smart TVs from LG and Samsung. Some content may not be available on Smart TV platforms due to rights restrictions. Live streaming of content is currently not supported on LG Smart TV apps.

It can be connected to a Home network using DNLA and is Saorivew compatible.

It can also record to a HDD or USB stick.

Stock is very low on these but you acted fast and purchased one today or tomorrow there will hopefully stiil be stock.
    Once the "Buy It Now" button on the website is removed we will have ran out of stock.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Thanks Kenny,

a connections question if I may kenny.

Currently I have one cats5, two sky cables and saorview cable at the tv now.

For me to get rid of sky with that new tv - what do I need ?

Saorview connect + network cable + usb3 hdd - connected by hdmi to tv

dish connect by 2 sky cables to sv-connect box too - for free-to-air - can I record these on the hdd ?

tv ok by wifi or better with a second cat5 ?

Thanks -appreciate the info.

K

karltimber wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny,

a connections question if I may kenny.

Currently I have one cats5, two sky cables and saorview cable at the tv now.

For me to get rid of sky with that new tv - what do I need ?

Saorview connect + network cable + usb3 hdd - connected by hdmi to tv

dish connect by 2 sky cables to sv-connect box too - for free-to-air - can I record these on the hdd ?

tv ok by wifi or better with a second cat5 ?

Thanks -appreciate the info.

K
    Hi karltimber,

If you're replacing a Sky box I would probably go for the LG as it has both a Saorview tuner and a Freesat tuner built in. You can connect the satellite connection (one cable) directly to the TV as well a terrestrial aerial connection to the Saorview input. You can switch between the tuners within the menu on the TV and record directly to a USB harddrive. However the EPGs will not display both Saorview and Freesat at the same time, you need to change between them!

The internet can be connected via cat5 or via wifi. The wifi would really be dependent on the strength of your signal so cat5 would give a more stable connection.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.