Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with dying tulips/Daffs

Options
  • 04-06-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Planted a load of tulip and daffodil bulbs last year, got them in Aldi/Lidl so no idea what kind they were, they bloomed beautifully and are now dying, some in pots some in the ground, so what should I do with them as I want to use the pots again and plant more shrubs and flowers, should I pull them up or cut them back if they've a change to regrow next year?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

The ones in the ground I'd leave as is and the ones in the pots I'd plant in the ground or give to family or friends if they wanted them.
    Allow the leaves to completely die back before cutting them back as the energy from the leaves go back into the bulbs to feed the plant next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

once the leaves have started to yellow visibly i don't stand on ceremony and just chop them off.

Advertisement