Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming monitor advice

Options
  • 04-06-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering could anyone offer some advice. I'm in the market for a 27inch 1440p 144hz monitor.

My budget is around €500.

I came pretty close to buying an Asus VG27BQ but I'm reading some not so good reviews.

I'm interested in getting one with G-Sync as I have an RTX 2060.

The other thing I'm thinking is just to hold out until demand levels out a bit. The prices seem quite high at the moment on top of places not having a great selection of stock.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

Comments

You don't need Gsync these days as Freesync works with Nvidia GPU's. Save yourself a bit of cash.
    The latest LG 1440p/144hz offering is the best currently available and it's around your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

You don't need Gsync these days as Freesync works with Nvidia GPU's. Save yourself a bit of cash.
    The latest LG 1440p/144hz offering is the best currently available and it's around your budget.

Great, thanks for the input. That's handy to know Freesync is compatible with Nvidia cards.

I'll check out the monitor you mentioned.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I got this Acer quite recently and have been happy with it. AFAIK it ticks all the boxes you mentioned and is the most affordable one with such features that I could find available in Ireland. They seem to be out of stock now so I guess they were selling well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

That Acer is a great price, still running a dell myself.

I got this Acer quite recently and have been happy with it. AFAIK it ticks all the boxes you mentioned and is the most affordable one with such features that I could find available in Ireland. They seem to be out of stock now so I guess they were selling well.

I end up purchasing the ASUS VG27AQ for €530 delivered from amazon.de but it'll be another 2 weeks or so before it arrives.

The Acer you recommended seems to be a much better deal in terms or price/performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Curious why you went with another model if the Acer seemed good to you? Was there just none in stock anywhere? That ASUS you got has motion blur reduction. If that's anything like the BenQ XL2720T I once had, using the 3rd party tool to activate the 3D tech, I can tell ya now there is nothing quite like it. It's as close to CRT levels of smoothness you're going to experience without actually going down the CRT rabbit hole. I was using that feature for years and when I switched to this Acer, as brilliant as it is, I could immediately see how blurry it was compared. Took a few weeks for my eyes to finally relax their standards again in that department :pac: So look forward to that :)

Curious why you went with another model if the Acer seemed good to you? Was there just none in stock anywhere? That ASUS you got has motion blur reduction. If that's anything like the BenQ XL2720T I once had, using the 3rd party tool to activate the 3D tech, I can tell ya now there is nothing quite like it. It's as close to CRT levels of smoothness you're going to experience without actually going down the CRT rabbit hole. I was using that feature for years and when I switched to this Acer, as brilliant as it is, I could immediately see how blurry it was compared. Took a few weeks for my eyes to finally relax their standards again in that department :pac: So look forward to that :)

I got a fierce case of I need to buy something right this second. I'd already spent some weeks researching stuff but couldn't find anything I wanted to settle on in stock or in my price range. That and I didn't see the reply about the Acer until after I purchased the other one. The Asus was a tad expensive but it ticked all the boxes.

That's great to hear. The Asus got great reviews so happy enough with the decision.

Thanks for the input.

Just a quick update incase anyone else happens across this. I've been using the ASUS VG27BQ for a few days now. It's delicious. Highly recommended.

Advertisement