Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does RTE have such a pro-SF bias?

Options

Comments

Chiparus wrote: »
    To be fair FF are not an opposition party

Remember this is the same RTE that tried to keep the most popular leader , out of the leaders debate?

I taught they should included all the leaders that time,including labour,pbp,soc dems,aontu,renua,greens etc and taught the sf woman shouldnt gone on,without them

Its just pure arrogance of rte/establishment saying your only allowed pick from one of 2 parties,really put me off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Remember this is the same RTE that tried to keep the most popular leader , out of the leaders debate?

Leo and MM where included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Shefwedfan wrote: »

You maybe correct, Leo and "Money in the wifes account" Martin have done a lot to make people vote SF for the first time.

You maybe correct, Leo and "Money in the wifes account" Martin have done a lot to make people vote SF for the first time.

THey got far voting for SF didn't they?

"Change" my ass....just have to listen to more of Mary Lou on the TV and nothing else. Hardly the change they wanted.

THey got far voting for SF didn't they?

"Change" my ass....just have to listen to more of Mary Lou on the TV and nothing else. Hardly the change they wanted.

Well, the charade of the "opposition" FF supporting FG is over, and the coalition of FF and FG will lead to the parties merging.

FF now on 15% in opinion polls and a lot of their supporters heading into old age it seems going into government is only to give Martin the taoiseach job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Watching the six news yesterday, Ingrid Miley (a.k.a the Trade Union spokeswoman) had a piece about the €6bn government deficit we now find ourselves in.

In the first 60 seconds, we see the face of that economic illiterate Pearse Doherty, sprouting the usual lefty populist nonsense. Only at the very end of the piece does Ingrid care to summarize what Paschal Donohoe, the actual Minister who knows what he's talking about, has to say. And we don't see him speak, it's just Ingird's brief summary of what he said, even though he had a news conference.

Am i the only one who notices how blatantly obvious the bias is? This happens every time....SF, PBP views are first, right at the top of the news. Often no view aired from anyone at FG or FF.

It's also noticeable when they say "Opposition parties voiced their frustration with X"...and they cut to SF first, then FF second. Every darn time.

Paschal O Donohue is bereft of any independent thinking whatsoever.. obsessed with this household notion of balancing budgets...

I'm sure he sees the current covid related spending as a short term loan to the Irish people..

The free money is there to invest heavily, get people back to work, invest in much needed public infrastructure and ultimately make chicken feed of whatever spending there has been in the last few months.

Rather than that, we'll get tax increases to suck the life out of any indigenous economic stimulus..

Knows what he's talking about!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

She was awful in that debate. It would nearly have been better for SF if she was excluded as it could have been used as an example of the media v SF. But she was on it and well beat by Varadkar who is a very mediocre debater.

Well, the charade of the "opposition" FF supporting FG is over, and the coalition of FF and FG will lead to the parties merging.

FF now on 15% in opinion polls and a lot of their supporters heading into old age it seems going into government is only to give Martin the taoiseach job.

The only poll that counts is the one in Feb. If you want to talk about opinion polls who are the party running away with it at the moment? :p

Lets see in 3-4 years where FF are.....FF and FG are not going to merge. That's just fake news coming from SF trying to cover up for another failing by it's leadership to negotiate with any other party in Ireland. Plus failing to see that people wanted to move from status quo before the election and not running enough people

She was awful in that debate. It would nearly have been better for SF if she was excluded as it could have been used as an example of the media v SF. But she was on it and well beat by Varadkar who is a very mediocre debater.

SF didnt win votes because of Mary Lou or the SF manifestor

They won votes simply because people seen all the other parties in IReland as already tainted. Labour, FF, FG, PBP and Green have all had good elections and some people seen they have failed to deliver

SF was last in pot, unfortuneatly they have also failed to deliver. People didnt vote for SF so they could sit on the opposition bench but that's what they have ended up with,

SF didnt win votes because of Mary Lou or the SF manifestor

They won votes simply because people seen all the other parties in IReland as already tainted. Labour, FF, FG, PBP and Green have all had good elections and some people seen they have failed to deliver

SF was last in pot, unfortuneatly they have also failed to deliver. People didnt vote for SF so they could sit on the opposition bench but that's what they have ended up with,

What if people just wanted housing,healthcare sorted and some efforts to tackle social inequaity though??

Like soc dems polled near on same as shinners in some constituencies,which would suggest,there is demand for centre left politics,and to dismiss it as a protest vote best ignored,will just leave ffg caught out again in 4.5 years time??

I know its a difficult time for yous,but they are running highly similar policies,of FF in the 50s and 60s and this was hugely successful and clearly still an appittide for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I get that your posting the likes of this to try and be edgy/controversial, but why you post such nonsense which is easily countered is a bit weird tbh.

Fine Gael Leader Leo Varadkar elected after FIFTH count in Dublin West

Micheál Martin elected on sixth count in Cork

Leo the 5th and Michaél the 6th.

What if people just wanted housing,healthcare sorted and some efforts to tackle social inequaity though??

One read of the SF manifesto and nobody would have voted for SF if that is what the voter wanted

Like soc dems polled near on same as shinners in some constituencies,which would suggest,there is demand for centre left politics,and to dismiss it as a protest vote best ignored,will just leave ffg caught out again in 4.5 years time??

I know its a difficult time for yous,but they are running highly similar policies,of FF in the 50s and 60s and this was hugely successful and clearly still an appittide for it?

Everyone has agreed this was a revolt vote. Most of the voter never even read the manifesto. Even one of the guys who is on here 24x7 saying how great SF is never read the manifesto......so it has nothing to do with FF in 50/60s because number 1 nobody knew what they did in 50/60 and second nobody done a comparison.

This is the propaganda coming out form SF since the election

McMurphy wrote: »
    I get that your posting the likes of this to try and be edgy/controversial, but why you post such nonsense which is easily countered is a bit weird tbh.

Fine Gael Leader Leo Varadkar elected after FIFTH count in Dublin West

Micheál Martin elected on sixth count in Cork

Leo the 5th and Michaél the 6th.

Question is, who will end up with power in the new government? :p:p:p

Again this shows what awful leadership SF has.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If you really believe the Greens/FF/FG are going to form a government I have some magic beans in my garden shed that might interest you.

Fertilise them with rocking horse dung.

General Election .2 for 2020 is on the way, either that or Michaél is knived in the back and replaced.

One read of the SF manifesto and nobody would have voted for SF if that is what the voter wanted

Aye,,i read sections of it,and used the private forums for deeper explaintions given,and was happy enough at how it added up

Everyone has agreed this was a revolt vote. Most of the voter never even read the manifesto. Even one of the guys who is on here 24x7 saying how great SF is never read the manifesto......so it has nothing to do with FF in 50/60s because number 1 nobody knew what they did in 50/60 and second nobody done a comparison.

This is the propaganda coming out form SF since the election

FF success in dublin is generally regarded as build on clearing tenatments in city centre to likes of ballymun etc and retaining these votes for generations

They used be party of small businessmen,farmers,workers etc.....SF are literally targeting this area,while people scream waster/dolehead,they are picking up votes off this demographic widespread nowadays,and likely will continue to do so,

i dont wont seem like to dismiss your anlysis,but the figures they are polling and numbers there pulling in,simply amount to much more than what your accrediting them.with getting.....

They are picking up votes enmass of u35s,upto 70% in some demographics,to dismiss these as essentially malcontents yous will never win them around to voting ffg again,and

I think Martin has never properly answered questions on how money from a property developer ended up in his wifes bank account.

I think Martin has never properly answered questions on how money from a property developer ended up in his wifes bank account.

Whats this about,i havnt heard before on it

Aye,,i read sections of it,and used the private forums for deeper explaintions given,and was happy enough at how it added up

Yes because this forum is full of economists :P

I thought the new SF motto was that everyone is supposed to forget the past?

If we start dragging up doggy stuff from that far back who do you think might have more questions to answer? FF or SF?

Whats this about,i havnt heard before on it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2056863717

But wait, theres more:
    https://villagemagazine.ie/micheal-martin-evasive-and-misleading-in-2020/

Ray Burke gets a free house
    Bertie gets a free house

Seeing a pattern here?

• Advertisement

I thought the new SF motto was that everyone is supposed to forget the past?

If we start dragging up doggy stuff from that far back who do you think might have more questions to answer? FF or SF?

The shinners or FF, which is worse................. hhmmmm.

Yes because this forum is full of economists :P

Meh....figures stacked up to me anyway....its on.discord,

You still listening to the econmists who said ireland would have a soft landing the last time micheal martin was a cabinet post,when we proceeded to have worst crash of any.country in the world??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2056863717

But wait, theres more:
    https://villagemagazine.ie/micheal-martin-evasive-and-misleading-in-2020/

Ray Burke gets a free house
    Bertie gets a free house

Seeing a pattern here?

Very good article that,by the village

Makings of a good drama there....never knew FF shafted covemeys father(have alot of time for coveny,hes a good person),must be hard for him to stomach propping up micheal martin

Very good article that,by the village

Makings of a good drama there....never knew FF shafted covemeys father(have alot of time for coveny,hes a good person),must be hard for him to stomach propping up micheal martin

Yea , Coveneys death the day after changing his will , must have badly affected the son.

It will be interesting if S.Coveney becomes leader of FG, .............no one has mentioned what will happen to Varadkar after government formation.

Yea , Coveneys death the day after changing his will , must have badly affected the son.

It will be interesting if S.Coveney becomes leader of FG, .............no one has mentioned what will happen to Varadkar after government formation.

There is a possibility id give the blueshirts a perference,if coveney was leader,always struck me as a decent human being......we need more like him in politics here

There is a possibility id give the blueshirts a perference,if coveney was leader,always struck me as a decent human being......we need more like him in politics here

Yes , he seems not to have the nutty opposition to the shinners like Varakar or Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

So what. Get over it

Edgware wrote: »
    So what. Get over it

Did he get a free house in 2010?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Edgware wrote: »
    So what. Get over it

When FF and FG are throwing up stuff from the 70 s it's relevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

roll on ff and fg. they'll both **** things up (as it has been ****ed up time after so far) and they wont be able to blame the other.

Advertisement