Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does RTE have such a pro-SF bias?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Chiparus wrote: »
    Did he get a free house in 2010?

Who cares?

If he did fair play to him

I am wondering what this has to do with RTÉ bias for SF????

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Who cares?

If a quarter of what is in that/alluded to in village article is true.....its in jail he should be

Easy to see why simon coveney wants nothing to do with him too,man is a toxic throwback to the corruption of the 80s and 90s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I listen to Radio Nova. Most of their ‘news’ broadcasts have some leftist footage, usually SF, but occasionally ABC/PBP/Solidarity or whatever they call themselves. They will quote or paraphrase the person in question then play the recording repeating the same thing, which is usually nonsense. I’ve started turning the news off to avoid it.

If a quarter of what is in that/alluded to in village article is true.....its in jail he should be

Easy to see why simon coveney wants nothing to do with him too,man is a toxic throwback to the corruption of the 80s and 90s

I can post an article from the beano on politics? Has better credentials to that website posted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

When you see people on the left and the right calling rte bias then you know they are actually impartial. People just cannot stand news they dont agree with. Idiots.

• Advertisement

Do you think Gerry Adams should be in jail for protecting a paedophile for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I can post an article from the beano on politics? Has better credentials to that website posted :-)

That's fairly condescending considering you thought It was a shinner conspiracy that everyone except you knew that any sitting Ceann Comhairle had a guaranteed seat after their tenure. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's fairly condescending considering you thought It was a shinner conspiracy that everyone except you knew that any sitting Ceann Comhairle had a guaranteed seat after their tenure. :D

Will leave you to it lads, keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Will leave you to it lads, keep up the good work

Ah don't be like that shef,. This is supposedly the light hearted current affairs forum. It's ok to have a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Do you think Gerry Adams should be in jail for protecting a paedophile for years?

throw in a bit of whataboutery while yer at it, eh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Who cares?

I am wondering what this has to do with RTÉ bias for SF????

You think it is OK that politicains can be bought?

You think it is OK that politicains can be bought?

You think it’s ok for politician to hide child abusers? I think that topic would be of more concern wouldn’t you?

In regards to the article you posted from
    “Village”, I already said I’m sure I can find a copy of the beano which has more political clout and at least a good read

What’s next? Sending a link to a Gemma article on 5g and telling us it was MM ? :-)

maccored wrote: »
    throw in a bit of whataboutery while yer at it, eh!

So child abusing is whatsboutery now? Strange position to take. The rest of the Civilised world think it’s abhorrent.

People who protect child abuser are as bad as the abuser. Do you not think?

He's done alot worse,but he is retired and not running for taoiseach

I must look more into this thing about micheal martin corruption allegation and be better informed upon it

So child abusing is whatsboutery now? Strange position to take. The rest of the Civilised world think it’s abhorrent.

Indeed most people,would also find those who use victims of child abuse to further political points as bad as the abuser too

Which is why thankfuly,mary butler and FF supporters insulting and hurling abuse at survivors of bill kennelly during last election rarely gets mentions ....because it is a pure scummy thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This thread just proves that people will see what they want to see.

Many SF supporters have been slagging off rte for years saying it is in the pocket of FG or FF.

Many threads on here say it is the government's own propaganda machine.

Yet the op thinks it's biased towards SF!!

He's done alot worse,but he is retired and not running for taoiseach

I must look more into this thing about micheal martin corruption allegation and be better informed upon it

Give you a tip....don't use the "Village" as a reliable media source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

RTÉ are pro-SF? :pac:

LOL, they're anything but.

RTÉ are pro-SF? :pac:

LOL, they're anything but.

Watch the news.....every story they roll out the standard SF "politician" to tell us all how it was done wrong :P:P

Indeed most people,would also find those who use victims of child abuse to further political points as bad as the abuser too

Which is why thankfuly,mary butler and FF supporters insulting and hurling abuse at survivors of bill kennelly during last election rarely gets mentions ....because it is a pure scummy thing to do

The little stories now for every political situation is just too much. So I ain't responding to them anymore because they are clearly made up.

• Advertisement

The little stories now for every political situation is just too much. So I ain't responding to them anymore because they are clearly made up.

Except its not.....i literally gave yous name of people involved :)

Except its not.....i literally gave yous name of people involved :)

It's a story, if it was the first or second one maybe someone would disregards zero media coverage. But every topic on here you have a story. From medical information to back up SF, to running a self sustaining farm from the discussion on Keelings to XYZ every few days

And as you have always said, the charter doesn't require you to back up your stories with links.

So personally I will decide to ignore these stories from now on. The charter doesn't say we have to accept them either :-)

I think you 'whatabout' when you get asked anything. this is a topic about SF and RTE - not adams or his brother.

I think you 'whatabout' when you get asked anything. this is a topic about SF and RTE - not adams or his brother.

Yes and SF protect child abusers. The entire SF party assisted with the protection.

I think you point should be asked about the poster talking about MM/FF on a SF and RTE thread do you not think?

It's a story, if it was the first or second one maybe someone would disregards zero media coverage. But every topic on here you have a story. From medical information to back up SF, to running a self sustaining farm from the discussion on Keelings to XYZ every few days

This was covered in both the examiner,irish indopendant and on wlr as well as variety of news sites?
    (Anyone with a rudimentry interest in the election/irish pol has heard of this)

A quick google shows the aforementioned TD apoligised for actions here,though she also.went on wlr and claimed russians hacked her facebook :pac:
    And as you have always said, the charter doesn't require you to back up your stories with links.

So personally I will decide to ignore these stories from now on. The charter doesn't say we have to accept them either :-)

Your free to ignore it,but its the truth,very trumpian to ignore facts,which dont fit in with your world view....but ignore away all yous want mate

Yes and SF protect child abusers. The entire SF party assisted with the protection.

I think you point should be asked about the poster talking about MM/FF on a SF and RTE thread do you not think?

more of the whataboutery

more of the whataboutery

Let remind of of YOUR post

this is a topic about SF and RTE - not adams or his brother.

So you didn't seem to have an issue with a FF post but took issue with my posts which was about SF and the cover up and protection of child abusers?

Please explain your standards for "whataboutery"

Based on most descriptions on any website the FF post would be a perfect description of "whataboutery" do you not think?

You think it’s ok for politician to hide child abusers? I think that topic would be of more concern wouldn’t you?

In regards to the article you posted from
    “Village”, I already said I’m sure I can find a copy of the beano which has more political clout and at least a good read

What’s next? Sending a link to a Gemma article on 5g and telling us it was MM ? :-)

No, my concern is what affects me. I dont care about the church collections for ff/fg- but the bagmen in the Law Library do, or the politicians in the debt of property developers or multimillionaires, or insurance companies.

No, my concern is what affects me. I dont care about the church collections for ff/fg- but the bagmen in the Law Library do, or the politicians in the debt of property developers or multimillionaires, or insurance companies.

So start a thread, this is about SF and RTE.

Personally I would be more concerned about child abuser than money. Money is money. A child's life is more precious. Imagine raping a girl from the age of 4 - 10 and when she reaches out to try and get help the person that is doing it is protected. Do you not think a childs protection against a monstor like that and the people that protected him is not more important than money?

Maybe I am odd, but that is the way I am.

• Advertisement

So start a thread, this is about SF and RTE.

Personally I would be more concerned about child abuser than money. Money is money. A child's life is more precious. Imagine raping a girl from the age of 4 - 10 and when she reaches out to try and get help the person that is doing it is protected. Do you not think a childs protection against a monstor like that and the people that protected him is not more important than money?

Maybe I am odd, but that is the way I am.

Clearly

Advertisement