Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Calls a cop "White boy" and another man out of frame "His Chinese lookin ass"

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1275743740984877057

African Americans accusing Africans of racism is right in line with how 2020 is going.

https://twitter.com/obehieigbe/status/1275457761195720705

"you're not Black, you're from Africa" hahaha wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

African Americans accusing Africans of racism is right in line with how 2020 is going.

https://twitter.com/obehieigbe/status/1275457761195720705

"you're not Black, you're from Africa" hahaha wtf

that video made my day! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Seeing as the thread has descended into posting videos

Cops breaking the ribs of a guy without even bothering to find out if it was the guy they wanted

https://twitter.com/KingBach/status/1275730943492456450?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Thats your opinion though. There is quite a lot of scientific research suggesting we are not all inherently selfish.

Indeed, only some people are selfish. Like the settled people that you say do the dumping at halting sites...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Imagine my shock.

Milo Yianoppolis said it best "White People are evil that they can't find them doing anything so they have to invent things to continue the narrative."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Milo Yianoppolis said it best "White People are evil that they can't find them doing anything so they have to invent things to continue the narrative."

Plenty of flights on offer. Those who feel oppressed by the white man should pack bags and leave.
    The opposite situation is the reality though. They are risking life and limb to come live amongst those from the Western World.

Very peculiar

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Correct. I’m in the latter group.

Let’s assume you’re right for a second. That police officers don’t record the races of suspects which I find rather incredulous. That local police departments don’t gather data properly and therefore the black crime rate is lower than it appears. The percentage of murders committed by blacks would be closer to 15% than 57% since that’s the percentage blacks make up in the population. Assuming that’s true, do you really think the data is so biased and so flawed as to be off to the tune of 42%???

Throughout the world crime is linked to disadvantaged areas. Look at Ireland, inner city Dublin and certain estates in Limerick.

In a large part this poverty is due to the slavery, segregation etc that was put upon their families which means they are much more likely to come from disadvantaged areas.
    Do you realise what you’re saying? Your literally implying that police departments around the country are in systematic and/or incompetent fashion, falsely/mistakenly recording murders committed by blacks at higher rates than they are in reality. Sorry but it’s an insane implication. Especially in the larger city police departments where blacks are pretty highly represented in the force. In Atlanta were Rayshard Brooks was killed blacks make up HALF the police force. Are those black officers in on the conspiracy?

I'm talking about officer use of force numbers. In most local areas, it is not a requirement for cops to state the race of the victim or even local stations to report the information. You've built your whole argument for police shooting on garbage data.

As for police misrepresenting facts, here are some samples we've seen the last few weeks and were only caught due to camera evidence.

https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/1275636284036431879?s=20

https://twitter.com/Drew_Peg86/status/1268761022158065665?s=20

https://twitter.com/mukhtaryare/status/1265182994660233225?s=20
    In the last 15 years police in the US police have been PULLING BACK from minority areas because they don’t want the hassle of being accused of racism every time they make an arrest or pull somebody over. Things like “Broken Windows Policing” which helped turn New York City from a hell hole into something remotely liveable during the 90s have been abandoned. If anything these areas are under policed and still blacks are over represented in crime statistics.

Using capital letters doesn't make a point true.

Taking your NYC example, since 1995 the NYPD budget has gone up by nearly $4 billion dollars, yes BILLION, and the NYPD employees have gone up nearly 10,000. None of that points to 'PULLING BACK'.
    Are you serious? The media bent itself into a pretzel trying to emphasise that these protests were mostly peaceful which I agree they were but often at the expense of properly covering the riots which were, you know, the reason every major city in America had a curfew imposed.

When I said “outsized impact” I didn’t mean media impact. What I meant was that a small minority of people caused entire cities to be shut down.

Reporters were saying it was prominently peaceful while running down to find any semblance of violence. If the coverage was balanced like you claim you'd be able to point to the national or international coverage of the protests continuing at the same level when the initial peak of looting/rioting ended.

Reminds me of this from Trumps inauguration. As usual many have fallen for it.

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1087060948622499846?s=20
    Again, even if we assume you’re right there’s absolutely no way those crime statistics can be as wrong as you say they are.

When 15% percent of the population commits half of the murders, that is not a statistical screw up. Back in the early 60s and before, the black crime rate rates were no where near as high (crime among all races was low) but this was the era of Jim Crow and the KKK. Police actually were systemically racist back then. They could have fabricated crime stats with impunity if they wished but they didn’t. Black crime rates spiked from the 70s onwards due to the single motherhood crisis.

Again, the core issue with your point of view is it is based on worthless officer involved shooting data.

Regarding the increased crime numbers, I'd put it a lot more down to the fabricated war on drugs and the outrageous penalties for the black community drug of choice when compared to that of the white community (crack cocaine vs cocaine).
    It really is the easiest game in the world when someone cites a study, you go “Bbbbut, that data is flawed. It was collected by people who can’t collect data properly.” and then you avoid ever having to engage with an argument. Sad.

Not very sad when the source you quote is saying that exact same thing:

https://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ndcopuof.pdf
    Systematically collecting information on use of force from the Nation's more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies is difficult given the lack of standard definitions, the variety of incident recording practices, and the sensitivity of the issue.

Since then the Guardian compiled a tracker based on news sources and it count for 2015 was over twice the numbers that were reported to the FBI from local police forces.

Harvard did a study of data to death certs and they found that misclassifcation topped 60%.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/documenting-police-killings/
    Misclassification rates for police-related deaths topped 60% among several groups: people under age 18, blacks, people killed by something other than a firearm (particularly Tasers, which accounted for 46 deaths), and people killed in low-income counties.
    The single biggest problem in the black community is single motherhood. It is the no. 1 predictor of criminality, school failure and poverty. Segregation ended in 1965. At that time the black single motherhood rate was 25%, In 1991 it was 68% and in 2015 it was 78%. Are we gonna blame segregation for all of the black community’s problems today? Did America get more racist between 1965 and 2015 and if so how did that happen?

You're making a big jump there between cause and effect. Single motherhood rates are nearly universally higher in areas of poverty (again, look at Ireland). In the US the difference of net worth of a typical white family is 10 times that of a black family and that can be directly linked to slavery and segregation.
    On wider policing issues, I am in favour of mandatory body cameras, more training and dismantling police unions and a return to the proactive policing that helped turn America around in the 90s.

The type 'Proactive policing' that was found to unfairly target minorities even when you controlled for other factors :rolleyes:
    I know why they’re saying they’re house is on fire. But I’ve looked at the data and I can see it isn’t true so I don’t believe them.

You haven't listened to them though, you've cherry picked flawed data to support your assumptions and then made broad unsubstantiated statements.

They say their house is on fire, you're saying you don't believe them because you can't smell it, while ignoring the fact the wind is blowing the smoke the other direction.
    Well logically speaking I can’t prove a negative but go on.

This is really the problem here for you and other posters, you can't disprove the claims they are making so you just again and again throw crap at the wall, be it random videos or incredibly flawed data points.

There are truly f*cking dumb people in the US. The comments are gas and shows how tick people are

https://twitter.com/mixedchic7141/status/1272008344786497537

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There are truly f*cking dumb people in the US. The comments are gas and shows how tick people are

I love the one where the woman says that she and her husband have been living there for over 20 years and love the place but now want to move away from "all this hate"

It's a ****in tow rope you clown !

• Advertisement

You're talking about a country where a cop went to the media and demanded (and got) an investigation of McDonald because he claimed an employee took a bite out of his sandwich. After a lot of wasted time and effort it turned out it was the cop himself that took a bite out of it and 'forgot'.

Plenty of flights on offer. Those who feel oppressed by the white man should pack bags and leave.
    The opposite situation is the reality though. They are risking life and limb to come live amongst those from the Western World.

Very peculiar

That should be the only thing these perpetual victims get. You feel like you're life in danger living here then we'll help you escape.

I love the one where the woman says that she and her husband have been living there for over 20 years and love the place but now want to move away from "all this hate"

It's a ****in tow rope you clown !

Bye. should be the only valid response to these idiots. They're clearly looking to outraged.

I'm glad people are giving her actual blowback for her stupidity instead of the usual head patting. Hopefully its a sign that people are fed up of the perpetually offended and professional victims.

Big Mouth creators vowed to find a Black actor to voice Missy, a young biracial girl, after Jenny Slate, who is a white actor, announced her decision to leave the Netflix cartoon series. "Ending my portrayal of Missy is one step in a life-long process of uncovering the racism in my actions," Slate said. The show creators issued an apology and say they "regret" their "original decision to cast a white actor to voice a biracial character.”

That 's practically racial segregation. Plenty white animated characters are voiced by black VA or other ethnicity. Should they now quite their roles as well. This sh1te is getting ridiculous now.

Usp8zlxa?format=jpg&name=medium
    img

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/23/police-to-investigate-burnley-white-lives-matter-aircraft-banner

Black Lives Matter: Police get on their knees.
    White Lives Matter: Police investigate hate crime.

And in a plot this that will have surprised nobody ever, the person responsible for this has a history of posting racist rants on social media. He has now been sacked from his job, as has his girlfriend for the same reason.
    https://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8451435/amp/Burnley-fan-White-Lives-Matter-plane-posted-racist-P-messages-online.html

Reminds me of the "all lives matter" gobsh*tes who were counter protesting a BLM march a few weeks ago in the US, while reenacting George Floyds death. They also got fired, probably in no small part to also chanting "black lives matter... to no one" later in the same video they uploaded. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LDfhGMLA88M

The black/blue/all lives matter brands are toxic for reasons and people like this. Many claim it was initiated by racists but even if it wasn't (I have no idea personally) it has been strongly co-opted by them, and the refusal to accept this or address the issues therein is just making that same problem worse for its proponents.

It is to 2020 what 'alt right' was to 2017 after the neo Nazi Charlottesville rally. An attractive moniker/slogan to some of a certain persuasion that became utterly toxic because of its association with and co-opting by outright racists, and the refusal to face up to those associations by others championing it - be they racist or not.

Give it a bit and many of same people championing it now will act bemused and offended to even be associated with it, just as happened to the alt right movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Big Mouth creators vowed to find a Black actor to voice Missy, a young biracial girl, after Jenny Slate, who is a white actor, announced her decision to leave the Netflix cartoon series. "Ending my portrayal of Missy is one step in a life-long process of uncovering the racism in my actions," Slate said. The show creators issued an apology and say they "regret" their "original decision to cast a white actor to voice a biracial character.”

That 's practically racial segregation. Plenty white animated characters are voiced by black VA or other ethnicity. Should they now quite their roles as well. This sh1te is getting ridiculous now.

James Earl Jones voiced Darth Vadar in the Star Wars saga even though Anakin Skywalker was white. You know why? Because he has an awesome voice and it was perfect for the character.

Although I suppose it is now just a matter of time until "Darth Vadar is racist" starts trending on Twatter with the reason being that when Anakin Skywalker turns "EVIL" he wears black and has a black man's voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

img

Insane.

Her cultist explanation is strange as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

It is to 2020 what 'alt right' was to 2017 after the neo Nazi Charlottesville rally. An attractive moniker/slogan to some of a certain persuasion that became utterly toxic because of its association with and co-opting by outright racists, and the refusal to face up to those associations by others championing it - be they racist or not.

Give it a bit and many of same people championing it now will act bemused and offended to even be associated with it, just as happened to the alt right movement.

beautiful :rolleyes:, the guilt by association gag .
    Some guys use a phrase so they rest of us cant use it because they are bad people.

I'm old enough to remember a time when the tricolor was associated with IRA/SF and was frowned about my many in the media / cultural elite (they saw themselves as elite) - they were absolute muppets then and people with your attitude are muppets now

The idea that a factual statement can be racist is absolute horsesh1t.

This type of edict is about control with no concept of nuance or context considered...just ban words and eventually control how people think.

I'm proud of my white European heritage , my line (we are told) goes back to Brian Boru's family and fcuk those that say I can't be proud of that

white lives matter . because they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

"Ending my portrayal of Missy is one step in a life-long process of uncovering the racism in my actions," Slate said. The show creators issued an apology and say they "regret" their "original decision to cast a white actor to voice a biracial character.”
    White guilt is getting extreme, and beyond the realm of sanity.
    I wonder, as part of her life-long process of uncovering her racism, that she donates all the money she was paid in the Netlfix series to the BLM movement?
    I doubt it because her words are just another example of white people on social media trying to outdo others in their white shame.

Sometimes I wish we could take all of these like-minded people (and the thread creator) to a land mass somewhere away from normal people.
    I was thinking maybe Antarctica ..... but then again it would be deemed too white already.
    Strange, strange world we are living in now boys and girls.
    (I can still call you "boys and girls", right?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This sh1t is getting ridiculous. People looking for offence where there is none.

Like the black nascar driver who complained about a noose in his garage.

The noose was a pull cord for closing the garage door FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Danzy wrote: »
    Insane.

Her cultist explanation is strange as well.

she needs a chat from Ian McKellan https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2oe0ag

EbURXdWU8AAR81F?format=jpg&name=small
    img

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

img

She looks more like a so-called 'person of colour' than a white person-she wouldn't look out of place cast as a Latina or Arab but she might have trouble getting into certain country clubs in the Deep South.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

img

If you let it, this stuff could make you doubt your own sanity. I have no mental, moral or societal reference point which would make this stuff seem logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Deserves it for being white.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

nullzero wrote: »
    Deserves it for being white.

It's always working class whites that get **** like this, the left and progressives will be self flaggellating in comfort and safety, enjoying it and their creature comforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

paw patrol wrote: »
    beautiful :rolleyes:, the guilt by association gag .
    Some guys use a phrase so they rest of us cant use it because they are bad people.

I'm old enough to remember a time when the tricolor was associated with IRA/SF and was frowned about my many in the media / cultural elite (they saw themselves as elite) - they were absolute muppets then and people with your attitude are muppets now

The idea that a factual statement can be racist is absolute horsesh1t.

This type of edict is about control with no concept of nuance or context considered...just ban words and eventually control how people think.

I'm proud of my white European heritage , my line (we are told) goes back to Brian Boru's family and fcuk those that say I can't be proud of that

white lives matter . because they do.

Who is saying you can't be proud of your heritage. Irish people in general are patriotic, and proud of our heritage.
    Gaelic games, Gaelic language, are very popular in Ireland.

I'm very proud of my Irish heritage.

Likewise most European countries are proud of their heritage no evidence that is changing.

British people are an extremely proud nation. Some might be able to acknowledge the harmful things done by the British empire, Cromwell in Ireland for example, but they can still be patriotic British people.

Where is the evidence that is changing, some randomer on Twitter doesn't make it so.

Advertisement