Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Kivaro wrote: »
    White guilt is getting extreme, and beyond the realm of sanity.
    I wonder, as part of her life-long process of uncovering her racism, that she donates all the money she was paid in the Netlfix series to the BLM movement?
    I doubt it because her words are just another example of white people on social media trying to outdo others in their white shame.

Sometimes I wish we could take all of these like-minded people (and the thread creator) to a land mass somewhere away from normal people.
    I was thinking maybe Antarctica ..... but then again it would be deemed too white already.
    Strange, strange world we are living in now boys and girls.
    (I can still call you "boys and girls", right?)

In the US repeated polls show that a significant majority have supported the recent protests lead by BLM so at least there you wouldn't be the 'normal' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Foxtrol wrote: »
    In the US repeated polls show that a significant majority have supported the recent protests lead by BLM so at least there you wouldn't be the 'normal' one.

The support the "National party" got in the last election shows how many so called "normal people" live in Ireland.

The vast majority of Irish people would be centrist in their views. Sinn from had to move more mainstream to get support.

Likewise radical left have very limited support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

The majority of people in the UK support BLM, too. As usual, the "silent majority" is really just the exact opposite.

joe40 wrote: »
    Who is saying you can't be proud of your heritage. Irish people in general are patriotic, and proud of our heritage.
    Gaelic games, Gaelic language, are very popular in Ireland.

I'm very proud of my Irish heritage.

Likewise most European countries are proud of their heritage no evidence that is changing.

British people are an extremely proud nation. Some might be able to acknowledge the harmful things done by the British empire, Cromwell in Ireland for example, but they can still be patriotic British people.

Where is the evidence that is changing, some randomer on Twitter doesn't make it so.

People who come out with that stuff are trying so hard to be a victim.

I'm guessing it comes from the statues and flag issues but I don't see many publicly erected statues or schools named after Cromwell or Churchill in the Republic nor British flags hung on buildings. Same with Germany and the Nazis.

It takes an enormous fragility to make the jump from what's happening to people coming for Irish heritage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Its ok, cause its black people attacking white people its only a problem when the roles are reversed thats when it becomes racist. Actually anything that slightly inconveniences any one of a minorities instantly becomes racist regardless of facts.

But to show that you are not racist you need to immediately pander to these people, concede all points, and associate no blame to them, instead deflect to racist actions of the past to in some roundabout way justify the attacks.

You ll see no coverage of black attacks on whites during this, you ll see no virtue signalling for it to stop, theres a air of "its ok" when it comes to blacks attacking whites.

• Advertisement

Cupatae wrote: »
    Its ok, cause its black people attacking white people its only a problem when the roles are reversed thats when it becomes racist. Actually anything that slightly inconveniences any one of a minorities instantly becomes racist regardless of facts.

But to show that you are not racist you need to immediately pander to these people, concede all points, and associate no blame to them, instead deflect to racist actions of the past to in some roundabout way justify the attacks.

You ll see no coverage of black attacks on whites during this, you ll see no virtue signalling for it to stop, theres a air of "its ok" when it comes to blacks attacking whites.

I would have no problem condemning that attack. I haven't heard anyone in mainstream media support that kind of violence.
    It is a disgusting attack.

This is the trying so hard to be a victim stuff I mentioned in my previous posts. It is really embarrassing.

Who is saying or giving an air that 'its ok'?

Also on the bold point, being murdered is slightly more than a slight inconvenience.

What are people even trying to prove by posting random acts of violence by citizens? What does it add to the discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

What are people even trying to prove by posting random acts of violence by citizens? What does it add to the discussion?

Seriously, it's like they're just trying to prove their racist credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The majority of people in the UK support BLM, too. As usual, the "silent majority" is really just the exact opposite.

"Most Britons support the aims of the Black Lives Matter campaign..."

doubt it.

this was from two weeks ago, when it was a nice slogan to get behind, but no-one really knew what the actual aims were

• Advertisement

I would have no problem condemning that attack. I haven't heard anyone in mainstream media support that kind of violence.
    It is a disgusting attack.

I didn't hear anyone cheering on the death of GF either, yet we have fanatics going around setting up exclusion zones in major cities, tearing down statues, cancel culture ECT..

Imagine if the white guy pulled out a gun and defended himself.. BLM woulda been on it in a flash! Celebs be pouring there hearts out in condolences..

Look at the police officer that shot the lad with the tazer his facing murder charges.

You have to admit there's disgusting double standard in all this , it's blatant racism against white people that people are pretending isn't happening , because if makes driving the BLM narrative awkward.

"Most Britons support the aims of the Black Lives Matter campaign..."

doubt it.

this was from two weeks ago, when it was a nice slogan to get behind, but no-one really knew what the actual aims were

Care to provide any evidence to back up this gut feeling?

I didn't hear anyone cheering on the death of GF either, yet we have fanatics going around setting up exclusion zones in major cities, tearing down statues, cancel culture ECT..

Imagine if the white guy pulled out a gun and defended himself.. BLM woulda been on it in a flash! Celebs be pouring there hearts out in condolences..

Look at the police officer that shot the lad with the tazer his facing murder charges.

You have to admit there's disgusting double standard in all this , it's blatant racism against white people that people are pretending isn't happening , because if makes driving the BLM narrative awkward.

No one is pretending it isn't happening because the events you describe literally didn't happen

You're getting outraged about scenarios and a double standard that you've totally made up in your own head.

If GF killing had been an isolated incident, there would have been no uproar and you know that. BLM have been around for a good few years now. GF got all the attention because it was filmed, with witnesses. It is a focal point but not the sole cause of the demonstrations.

If cameras weren't there the killing would just have been another man does resisting arrest.

So now the criminal justice system in the US is racist against white cops, that's just nonsense.
    There is another thread discussing that killing, so I'm not getting into details but if DA wants to press charges it is not because of the media. There must be strong legal reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Not hate speech: “White lives don’t matter.”

Hate speech: “White lives matter too.”

Ok.

Not hate speech: “White lives don’t matter.”

Again, who is saying this?

It appears to be another situation of it being all in your head.

Random acts of racially motivated attacks you mean, call it what it is.

I'd assume it's to highlight the socially tolerated racism against white people by black people, and the hypocrisy and double standards of some posters on here.

No one is pretending it isn't happening because the events you describe literally didn't happen

You're getting outraged about scenarios and a double standard that you've totally made up in your own head.

The only person making stuff up here is you, remember you made up that I said murder was a minor inconvenience?

You quite literally are pretending there aren't racially motivated attacks on white people by black people.. literally pretending now you are.

If GF killing had been an isolated incident, there would have been no uproar and you know that. BLM have been around for a good few years now. GF got all the attention because it was filmed, with witnesses. It is a focal point but not the sole cause of the demonstrations.

If cameras weren't there the killing would just have been another man does resisting arrest.

So now the criminal justice system in the US is racist against white cops, that's just nonsense.
    There is another thread discussing that killing, so I'm not getting into details but if DA wants to press charges it is not because of the media. There must be strong legal reasons.

I'm assuming you seen the video the man took the cops tazer and fired it at him, In your opinion do you think that cop did anything wrong? If we weren't in the current climate so you think he d be facing death row ?

I know it's not a isolated incident , factually black people make up 13.5% of the pop and commit well over half the violent crimes in the us a statistic even more grim when broke down by gender , so I'd imagine they have alot of encounters with the police.

But I could show you multiple unjust killing of white people in very similar situations to GF but it doesn't get the same reaction why is that ?

We both know why it is but it's not PC to say it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

It's a shame the Burnley ' white lives matter ' guy didn't put ' Rotherham girls matter '. Would love to see the response to that from the Left and Right.

• Advertisement

Random acts of racially motivated attacks you mean, call it what it is.

Where is the evidence that each of the videos are racially motivated?
    I'd assume it's to highlight the socially tolerated racism against white people by black people, and the hypocrisy and double standards of some posters on here.

Who is tolerating it?

Again, it is all in your head.
    The only person making stuff up here is you, remember you made up that I said murder was a minor inconvenience?

In your post, which I'll quote again below for you, you openly admit to imagining up a scenario and then get outraged by it. Why are you trying so hard to be a victim?

Who is tolerating it?

In your post, which I'll quote again below for you, you openly admit to imagining up a scenario and then get outraged by it. Why are you trying so hard to be a victim?

Wow you're literally gonna pretend..

You're so far BLM ya can't see the Forest for the trees.

By the way the posts you qouted are out of context and the inconvenience post was the one before it but good effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Again, who is saying this? .

NDzrHfeJIWvVeYj-800x450-noPad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

m3g2p1i972751.png.

Supposedly she got a promotion too.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

She also received death threats but something tells me the usual free speech warriors here won't be rushing to her defence any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Big Mouth creators vowed to find a Black actor to voice Missy, a young biracial girl, after Jenny Slate, who is a white actor, announced her decision to leave the Netflix cartoon series. "Ending my portrayal of Missy is one step in a life-long process of uncovering the racism in my actions," Slate said. The show creators issued an apology and say they "regret" their "original decision to cast a white actor to voice a biracial character.”

That 's practically racial segregation. Plenty white animated characters are voiced by black VA or other ethnicity. Should they now quite their roles as well. This sh1te is getting ridiculous now.

It's called acting for fcuk sake.

Going forward, do we need a murderer to play a murderer?
    Going forward, do we need a paedophile to play a paedophile?

And if biracial means part white and part black, why is it racist to have....ah fcuk, I don't care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's long past getting sinister.

We are facing in to a Red Army Faction, a la Baader–Meinhof gang re-creation.

A much more militant and cold version, not just targeting Corporate elites but native working class as well, dissenters of any kind will be targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

She also received death threats but something tells me the usual free speech warriors here won't be rushing to her defence any time soon.

Her and those like her issuing the threats deserve harsh condemnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Who is tolerating it?

Where is the evidence that George Floyd's killing was racially motivated?

• Advertisement

So you/that other poster is taking all that offense from one random person on twitter?

There are plenty more people on twitter posting that believe the earth is flat but I don't believe they speak with any authority on the matter.

There isn't much I can say to you or the other poster if you're fragile and paranoid enough that random twitter post makes you feel this is a view held by a significant number of people.

Advertisement