Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cupatae wrote: »
    From tenant farmers to the ruc are we still talking about BLM in the US, absolutely ridiculous comparisons , and you talk to other posters about comparing apples and oranges :D:D

So it's not racism you want to end then it's poverty specifically black poverty because everyone should be treated equal what ya think about white poverty??, But anyway I've got some bad news for ya... Defunding the police ain't gonna cut it there.

Yeah, Irish folk with your perspective don't like remembering our close comparisons.

They don't like being reminded how we vilified the RUC and British army in the north for very similar actions as the US police now.

They don't like being reminded that many cheered for defunding the RUC and the creation of the PSNI.

They don't like being reminded that we removed or blew up statues and renamed towns when we got independence.

Making stuff up again I see , can you qoute me on about the tenant farmers bit ? Thanks :D

You ve been pressed for answers ya ain't got em your realizing slowly how ridiculous your stances and your reaching desperately now... You ve been found wanting!

Should they ever be stupid enough to defund the police in the states , you ll be in for a interesting time!

Just because you haven't bothered to educate yourself before posting about US history, I'm not 'making stuff up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Yeah, Irish folk with your perspective don't like remembering our close comparisons.

They don't like being reminded how we vilified the RUC and British army in the north for very similar actions as the US police now.

They don't like being reminded that many cheered for defunding the RUC and the creation of the PSNI.

They don't like being reminded that we removed or blew up statues and renamed towns when we got independence.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

A lot of the white protesters I see in all of this give off such a sycophantic vibe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

oyvey wrote: »
    A lot of the white protesters I see in all of this give off such a sycophantic vibe.

For sure , strange folk

• Advertisement

Just because you haven't bothered to educate yourself before posting about US history, I'm not 'making stuff up'.

You literally made up me saying Irish tenant farmers were lazy like quite literally , you brought up the tenant farms for some odd reason and then convinced yourself I was talking about it.. :D

Yeah us Irish folk... that must be it...It's nothing to do with this nonsense having 0 relevance to what we were originally discussing... you are reaching now and it's Abit embarrassing..

What's next ? The gestapo ? :D:D

Yeah us Irish folk... that must be it...It's nothing to do with this nonsense having 0 relevance to what we were originally discussing... you are reaching now and it's Abit embarrassing..

What's next ? The gestapo ? :D:D

It has relevance due to it showing your utter hypocrisy on each topics, it is just somewhat unclear exactly what your motivation (though there is one obvious explanation).

'Defund the police will never work'... while ignoring how it was championed by most Irish people when it came to the RUC.

Complain about statues being taken down... while ignoring how the Irish did it after we gained independence.

If you want the RUC back or the return of the statue of Queen Victoria or Cobh returning to being called Queenstown then I'm happy to say you're not a hypocrite

While a lot of people that have issues with protesters give off such a racist vibe.

It has relevance due to it showing your utter hypocrisy on each topics, it is just somewhat unclear exactly what your motivation (though there is one obvious explanation).

'Defund the police will never work'... while ignoring how it was championed by most Irish people when it came to the RUC.

Complain about statues being taken down... while ignoring how the Irish did it after we gained independence.

If you want the RUC back or the return of the statue of Queen Victoria or Cobh returning to being called Queenstown then I'm happy to say you're not a hypocrite

I dunno if you noticed... but theres ever so slight differences between Ireland and the US, anyway enough of this nonsense ur rambling on now about stuff that has no relevance to the original discussion,

Ridiculously stupid comparisons like next level stupid, and yet you double down..lol

• Advertisement

While a lot of people that have issues with protesters give off such a racist vibe.

Like everyone that doesn't agree with your outrageously stupid points... the only logic is they must be racist! what else could it possibly be! :rolleyes:

Immature and stupid response. Throwing the word “racist” around like that only dilutes what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

Have a look at these absolute dolts. Completely brainwashed!

I pity the next generation

Braindead Cult

You're also overly inflating the success 1st generation poor immigrants have in the US. It is generally 2nd or 3rd generation where you see their families go to college and move into the middle class. Again, a black person that went to a segregated school could be 55 years old now so we haven't seen what the 2nd or 3rd generations will do.

Are you sure your maths are correct? Segregation ended 56 years ago so the 55 year old wasn’t born yet.

First grade is age 5/6 so a 61/62 year old would have experienced 1 year of lawful segregation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Foxtrol, if this really is such a close comparison, you'll have no problem pointing out for us the colonial oppressors who BLM are trying to overthrow?

Or telling us where are they planning to set up their new nation-state?

Are you sure your maths are correct? Segregation ended 56 years ago so the 55 year old wasn’t born yet.

First grade is age 5/6 so a 61/62 year old would have experienced 1 year of lawful segregation.

Segregation didn't end 56 years ago.

Plenty of areas in the south fought it until the end of the 60s and then they fought busing into the 70s. They could be even younger than 55, even in their 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Nermal wrote: »

The last time that happened it didn't go well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Nermal wrote: »
    Foxtrol, if this really is such a close comparison, you'll have no problem pointing out for us the colonial oppressors who BLM are trying to overthrow?

Why do you feel colonial makes a difference? Are you saying Germany should have kept Nazi statues up?

As for a nation state, they already defeated them - the Confederate States of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

TomTomTim wrote: »
    The last time that happened it didn't go well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia

Wow, it's almost like dumping a load of people in a place they've never been was a bad idea! Who could possibly have imagined that colonisation would, yet again, be an abject failure?

Also:
    The African-American community was overwhelmingly opposed to the project; in many cases, their families had lived in the United States for generations, and the prevailing sentiment dictated that they were no more African than the Americans were British. Contrary to stated claims that emigration was voluntary, some blacks were pressured to emigrate; in several scenarios, slaves were manumitted on condition that they emigrate immediately.

Immature and stupid response. Throwing the word “racist” around like that only dilutes what it means.

So it is fine when you make an observation on 'vibe' but when I do it it becomes immature? Seems like blatant hypocrisy but that isn't a surprise.

• Advertisement

Like everyone that doesn't agree with your outrageously stupid points... the only logic is they must be racist! what else could it possibly be! :rolleyes:

No, people can disagree I have no problem with that.

However, I'm not sure what else to call the vibe of posters (many of who liked your post) that spend days dropping in videos of random black people involved in crime as if that proves a point and blanket statements about entire race of people (including saying they don't work hard).

So it is fine when you make an observation on 'vibe' but when I do it it becomes immature? Seems like blatant hypocrisy but that isn't a surprise.

If you read my post correctly I think you'll find that my issue was not with the use of the word 'vibe'. It was with your incorrect use of the word racist.

If you read my post correctly I think you'll find that my issue was not with the use of the word 'vibe'. It was with your incorrect use of the word racist.

I did exactly what you did, yet only one is immature. You felt the need to post that one group had a 'sycophantic vibe' while I felt another group had a racist one and have since backed it up with examples.

How do you describe the vibe posters that spend days posting random videos of law breaking by one race as if it proves a point about their community and posters stating that a certain race's culture is not to work as hard as others?

I did exactly what you did, yet only one is immature. You felt the need to post that one group had a 'sycophantic vibe' while I felt another group had a racist one and have since backed it up with examples.

How do you describe the vibe posters that spend days posting random videos of law breaking by one race as if it proves a point about their community and posters stating that a certain race's culture is not to work as hard as others?

Here's what was said:
    oyvey wrote:
    Foxtrol wrote:

You're implying that I'm racist here for having an issue with white protesters - my "issue" being that I just think some of them are display some odd sycophantic behavior. Of course you'll say now that you weren't calling *me* a racist.

You're just too quick to throw the word racist out there in places it isn't warranted. You're actually doing a disservice to people who deal with real racist issues.

No, people can disagree I have no problem with that.

However, I'm not sure what else to call the vibe of posters (many of who liked your post) that spend days dropping in videos of random black people involved in crime as if that proves a point and blanket statements about entire race of people (including saying they don't work hard).

Look you're showing your true colors now and have been found out, heavily biased and accusing people of being racist if there views dont align with your own... making up stuff ect

You ve no real credibility anymore, and have been found wanting on several points when pressed, by multiple posters at this point. You've resorted to back handed slights now.

Here's what was said:

You're implying that I'm racist here for having an issue with white protesters - my "issue" being that I just think some of them are display some odd sycophantic behavior. Of course you'll say now that you weren't calling *me* a racist.

You're just too quick to throw the word racist out there in places it isn't warranted. You're actually doing a disservice to people who deal with real racist issues.

You inferred I was calling you a racist and rather than asking me who or what I was talking about you threw a hissy fit acting like a victim. I have since clarified exactly the posters I was talking about.

I'm still waiting for you to describe the vibe posters that spend days posting random videos of law breaking by one race as if it proves a point about their community and posters stating that a certain race's culture is not to work as hard as others?

Look you're showing your true colors now and have been found out, heavily biased and accusing people of being racist if there views dont align with your own... making up stuff ect

You ve no real credibility anymore, and have been found wanting on several points when pressed, by multiple posters at this point. You've resorted to back handed slights now.

What points have I found wanting on?

All I've seen is and your buddies run from points. Two most recent ones are here if you want to respond (though I expect you'll run again):
    • I'm still waiting to hear why Irish pulling down statues and changing names of towns is ok but BLM wanting it is bad.
    • I'm still waiting to hear why Irish people wanting and succeeded in getting the RUC abolished is ok but BLM wanting it is bad.

Regarding my comments about a racist vibe, the definition of racist is "showing discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another". I'm not sure how your and other posters repeated attempts to slander a whole race of people doesn't fall into that - be it days of spamming the thread with just videos of criminality by one race or questioning the effort to work of one race.

What points have I found wanting on?

All I've seen is and your buddies run from points. Two most recent ones are here if you want to respond (though I expect you'll run again):
    • I'm still waiting to hear why Irish pulling down statues and changing names of towns is ok but BLM wanting it is bad.
    • I'm still waiting to hear why Irish people wanting and succeeded in getting the RUC abolished is ok but BLM wanting it is bad.

Regarding my comments about a racist vibe, the definition of racist is "showing discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another". I'm not sure how your and other posters repeated attempts to slander a whole race of people doesn't fall into that - be it days of spamming the thread with just videos of criminality by one race or questioning the effort to work of one race.

Can you not see the irony in your own post ? You want to talk about slandering people have a read back thru your own posts,

No one is running from the points your making they are actually laughing at them as they are so daft.. your so far off topic it's hilarious.

Yes yes we get it... Everyones racist except you we heard ya the first 10 times, saying the same thing in a more roundabout way isn't going to make it true either.

Can you not see the irony in your own post ? You want to talk about slandering people have a read back thru your own posts,

No one is running from the points your making they are actually laughing at them as they are so daft.. your so far off topic it's hilarious.

Yes yes we get it... Everyones racist except you we heard ya the first 10 times, saying the same thing in a more roundabout way isn't going to make it true either.

I never called anyone else that, I spoke about a vibe just like the poster did that I responded to. Also, for something to be slander it has to be false and I'm waiting for someone to explain the 'vibe' of those actions in another way.

I've asked you what points I've been found 'wanting' and you've been incapable of providing any.

You claim my comparisons are laughable and you've failed to explain why.

• Advertisement

I never called anyone else that, I spoke about a vibe just like the poster did that I responded to. Also, for something to be slander it has to be false and I'm waiting for someone to explain the 'vibe' of those actions in another way.

I've asked you what points I've been found 'wanting' and you've been incapable of providing any.

You claim my comparisons are laughable and you've failed to explain why.

So because I won't explain why your comparisons of the ruc , northern Ireland , Irish tenant farms ECT ECT to BLM are laughable.. it means they must be correct how about it's so painfully obvious that it's a waste of time.

Go back and read the posts you were found wanting on multiple points from black poverty to defunding the police...

You are completely biased on every point and unwilling to be proven wrong even tho you have been now multiple times by multiple posters...There honestly isn't much more to say to you really you ve played your hand and showed your true colors , the mask slipped and there's no putting it back on.

All the posts are there for everyone to go back and read including yourself don't be asking me to do it for you.

Advertisement