Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Ex MET Detective Chief Superintendent Kevin Hurley gives some very uncomfortable truths during Sky news interview today following the Brixton police attacks, which so sky news cut him off. They did this a SN reporter with the reading attack last week.

https://twitter.com/Miss_Snuffy/status/1276408045845831681

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cupatae wrote: »
    So because I won't explain why your comparisons of the ruc , northern Ireland , Irish tenant farms ECT ECT to BLM are laughable.. it means they must be correct how about it's so painfully obvious that it's a waste of time.

It is blatantly obvious that you aren't able to explain it.

You cant deal with the fact that you're moaning about actions a certain group of people want to do but are perfectly fine about Irish people doing the same.
    Go back and read the posts you were found wanting on multiple points from black poverty to defunding the police...

The situations where I've stated facts, backed up with data, reports, examples, while you're now just talking nonsense.

Here are your last 2 contributions on defunding the police
    Defunding the police ain't gonna cut it there.
    Should they ever be stupid enough to defund the police in the states , you ll be in for a interesting time!

So insightful, you really showed me... :rolleyes:
    You are completely biased on every point and unwilling to be proven wrong even tho you have been now multiple times by multiple posters...There honestly isn't much more to say to you really you ve played your hand and showed your true colors , the mask slipped and there's no putting it back on.

All the posts are there for everyone to go back and read including yourself don't be asking me to do it for you.

Proved wrong by the same posters that have admitted to being paranoid about imagined scenarios where they are a victim or the ones getting outraged by a tweet by a randomer on twitter? I'm biased when I'm having a discussion with people that admit their feelings or imagination trump facts.

Give me some data points or comparisons that don't have fundamental flaws and you might get there. However, the last poster that tried that has been missing since I showed him how terrible his data was, including multiple studies and admission from the source itself.

Talking about masks slipping, I'm still waiting for someone to give me a better word to describe what you and other posters have been doing between spamming the thread with videos of criminality by one race or questioning the effort to work of one race with no evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It is blatantly obvious that you aren't able to explain it.

You cant deal with the fact that you're moaning about actions a certain group of people want to do but are perfectly fine about Irish people doing the same.

The situations where I've stated facts, backed up with data, reports, examples, while you're now just talking nonsense.

Here are your last 2 contributions on defunding the police

So insightful, you really showed me... :rolleyes:

Proved wrong by the same posters that have admitted to being paranoid about imagined scenarios where they are a victim or the ones getting outraged by a tweet by a randomer on twitter? I'm biased when I'm having a discussion with people that admit their feelings or imagination trump facts.

Give me some data points or comparisons that don't have fundamental flaws and you might get there. However, the last poster that tried that has been missing since I showed him how terrible his data was, including multiple studies and admission from the source itself.

Talking about masks slipping, I'm still waiting for someone to give me a better word to describe what you and other posters have been doing between spamming the thread with videos of criminality by one race or questioning the effort to work of one race with no evidence.

Right so your gonna qoute me out of context , take snippets of convos and repeatedly make stuff up... Your boring me now.

As I said everyone can go back and read the posts you ve been found wanting on multiple points but your unwilling to be proven, wrong you bring up ridiculous comparisons ruc nonsense.

I've destroyed you on every relevant point so much so you d to go back to tenant farmers and accusing the people that point out deficiencies in your argument racist.

Anyways I've proven my points and won't be going over old ground in circles repeating the same stuff over and over.

Right so your gonna qoute me out of context , take snippets of convos and repeatedly make stuff up... Your boring me now.

There is no additional context about defunding the police in the rest of those posts, see below for them in full. You've nothing to back up your points about defunding the police other than your feelings.
    From tenant farmers to the ruc are we still talking about BLM in the US, absolutely ridiculous comparisons , and you talk to other posters about comparing apples and oranges :D:D

So it's not racism you want to end then it's poverty specifically black poverty because everyone should be treated equal what ya think about white poverty??, But anyway I've got some bad news for ya... Defunding the police ain't gonna cut it there.
    Making stuff up again I see , can you qoute me on about the tenant farmers bit ? Thanks :D

You ve been pressed for answers ya ain't got em your realizing slowly how ridiculous your stances and your reaching desperately now... You ve been found wanting!

Should they ever be stupid enough to defund the police in the states , you ll be in for a interesting time!
    As I said everyone can go back and read the posts you ve been found wanting on multiple points but your unwilling to be proven, wrong you bring up ridiculous comparisons ruc nonsense.

If they were so ridiculous you should have been easily able to point out why and you've utterly failed.
    I've destroyed you on every relevant point so much so you d to go back to tenant farmers and accusing the people that point out deficiencies in your argument racist.

Destoryed... :rolleyes:

I've repeatedly posted accurate data, scientific reports, examples, comparisons and you've refused to engage or disprove any of them and instead have posted what you feel and your imagination throws out.
    Anyways I've proven my points and won't be going over old ground in circles repeating the same stuff over and over.

It appears you're confused about the difference in stating your point and proving your point. To prove a point you have to provide evidence and actually engage with the counterpoints the other person makes. I'm happy for you to leave the discussion, as we clearly aren't getting anywhere with your inability to debate.

There is no additional context about defunding the police in the rest of those posts, see below for them in full. You've nothing to back up your points about defunding the police other than your feelings.

If they were so ridiculous you should have been easily able to point out why and you've utterly failed.

Destoryed... :rolleyes:

I've repeatedly posted accurate data, scientific reports, examples, comparisons and you've refused to engage or disprove any of them and instead have posted what you feel and your imagination throws out.

It appears you're confused about the difference in stating your point and proving your point. To prove a point you have to provide evidence and actually engage with the counterpoints the other person makes. I'm happy for you to leave the discussion, as we clearly aren't getting anywhere with your inability to debate.

You need me to explain to you why defunding the us police is a bad idea ? Jesus I gave you some bit of credit and thought you d be able to figure that much out by yourself.. honestly I'm not gonna spoon feed you information and break every single point down into it's dumbest form for you to understand...

It's not a debate you just have cheap tactics that have from labeling people that disagree with you racist ect switching up the discussion (ie your tenant farmer/ ruc attempts) qouting stuff out of context , making stuff up (me calling tenant farmers lazy) and so on to muddy the water because you were losing badly.

But to sum it up no one agrees with you multiple people think your points are laughable, you are incredibly biased on every point and unwilling to be wrong,

I've destroyed all of your points throughout the discussion there's no need to go over the exact points again. There's little else for me to talk to you about as you just get more and more ridiculous.

You're getting boring now tbh .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I think all lives do matter, including black lives.

If that makes one a "racist", then that word has lost all meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Tony EH wrote: »
    I think all lives do matter, including black lives.

If that makes one a "racist", then that word has lost all meaning.

You wouldn't say it in public.

I'm not joking about that.

Danzy wrote: »
    You wouldn't say it in public.

I'm not joking about that.

I can assure you. Anything that I say on here, I'll say in public.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I can assure you. Anything that I say on here, I'll say in public.

You're right but you aren't dealing with rational logical people , when it comes to this movement.. the words all lives matter are seen as an attack on blm or undermining of it. Something wait for it.... "White people " made up not Asian not Hispanic no... "White people " those pesky whites at it again :D

You could prob lose your job for saying such things in this climate if it found its way on the right platforms. That's no joke.

You need me to explain to you why defunding the us police is a bad idea ? Jesus I gave you some bit of credit and thought you d be able to figure that much out by yourself.. honestly I'm not gonna spoon feed you information and break every single point down into it's dumbest form for you to understand...

NYC spends $11 billion on police, while the rate they spend on schools and programs for kids have been slashed (cutting 32% from The Department of Youth and Community Development). Plenty of evidence how investing in kids staying out of trouble is money better spent than an army on the street.
    It's not a debate you just have cheap tactics that have from labeling people that disagree with you racist ect

I labelled tactics of tarring a race of people a being lazier than others and spamming random videos of violence from one race as giving off a racist vibe. No one has yet explained how those tactics aren't.
    switching up the discussion (ie your tenant farmer/ ruc attempts)

Are comparison is not 'switching up the discussion'. It is challenging you to explain your hypocrisy and you've failed every time.
    qouting stuff out of context ,

I just quoted your full posts that you claimed I selectively quoted and they did nothing for you point, just more gibberish.
    making stuff up (me calling tenant farmers lazy) and so on to muddy the water because you were losing badly.

No, you implied the black community was lazy for not being to pull themselves out of poverty and I asked you whether you'd say the same thing about tenant farmers. As usual you don't seem capable of dealing with a comparison.
    But to sum it up no one agrees with you multiple people think your points are laughable,

I'll admit you have the backing of the poster spamming videos, the posters getting offended and paranoid about what random twitter accounts, the poster that admitted they were annoyed about imagined scenarios, the posters that have said the black community are lazy, the posters that disappear when you point out how wrong their facts are, the poster that jumps to the conclusion that they are being called racist :rolleyes:
    you are incredibly biased on every point and unwilling to be wrong, I've destroyed all of your points throughout the discussion there's no need to go over the exact points again. There's little else for me to talk to you about as you just get more and more ridiculous.

Your getting boring now tbh .

You keep saying you 'destroyed' my points but are incapable of pointing me to where this happened. Keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy.

I thought you were done.

• Advertisement

You're right but you aren't dealing with rational logical people , when it comes to this movement..

I wouldn't presume to know who I am dealing with when it comes to this "movement".

NYC spends $11 billion on police, while the rate they spend on schools and programs for kids have been slashed (cutting 32% from The Department of Youth and Community Development). Plenty of evidence how investing in kids staying out of trouble is money better spent than an army on the street.

I labelled tactics of tarring a race of people a being lazier than others and spamming random videos of violence from one race as giving off a racist vibe. No one has yet explained how those tactics aren't.

Are comparison is not 'switching up the discussion'. It is challenging you to explain your hypocrisy and you've failed every time.

I just quoted your full posts that you claimed I selectively quoted and they did nothing for you point, just more gibberish.

No, you implied the black community was lazy for not being to pull themselves out of poverty and I asked you whether you'd say the same thing about tenant farmers. As usual you don't seem capable of dealing with a comparison.

I'll admit you have the backing of the poster spamming videos, the posters getting offended and paranoid about what random twitter accounts, the poster that admitted they were annoyed about imagined scenarios, the posters that have said the black community are lazy, the posters that disappear when you point out how wrong their facts are, the poster that jumps to the conclusion that they are being called racist :rolleyes:

You keep saying you 'destroyed' my points but are incapable of pointing me to where this happened. Keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy.

I thought you were done.

No matter what way you spin it I'm never going to buy into your Robin hood ideology of "Defund the police give the money to the black community !" And hey presto! Equality!

We ve already been over this you ve already brought up the nypd I've already replied your repeating yourself now.

Im implying the black community is lazy ? Jesus news to me! Oh wait you made that up like most of your points,

Your the biggest BLM cheer leader on here utterly biased . It's disgusting tbh you cry out for equality and fairness but want all cops punished.. you only care about black poverty never a mention of white poverty because it doesn't drive ur biased narrative.

So everyone that disagrees with you are paranoid racists that call the black community lazy ? Weren't you only on about slander a few posts ago :D and then you bring up hypocrisy... You could nt make this stuff up ! Oh wait maybe you could actually ! Your beaten and embarrassing yourself now.

If you ve anything other than bickering to say to me feel free to pm me your just clogging the thread with nonsense now. Give it a rest.

No matter what way you spin it I'm never going to buy into your Robin hood ideology of "Defund the police give the money to the black community !" And hey presto! Equality!

That is nonsense, defunding doesnt go into any specific community, it goes into public services that helps everyone.
    We ve already been over this you ve already brought up the nypd I've already replied your repeating yourself now.

Im implying the black community is lazy ? Jesus news to me! Oh wait you made that up like most of your points,

Are there two people posting on your account? This was your mindset earlier that people could easily get out of poverty if they bothered to 'graft'.
    Now if he sits there and whinges how he started behind the 8 ball well them that's on him but the main point is the opportunity is there , the work is there. It's down to the individual, all those lads that chose crime in the us could have easily choose to get a job and graft but they took the easy way out.
    Your the biggest BLM cheer leader on here utterly biased . It's disgusting tbh you cry out for equality and fairness but want all cops punished..

You claim I'm making things up when you come out with more of this nonsense. No where have I said to punish all cops. Happy for anyone to correct me.
    you only care about black poverty never a mention of white poverty because it doesn't drive ur biased narrative.

Why would I mention white poverty in a BLM thread? It is like moaning that they aren't talking about soccer in a rugby thread.

BTW the changes that the protesters are asking for will help white people that find themselves in poverty.
    So everyone that disagrees with you are paranoid racists that call the black community lazy ? Weren't you only on about slander a few posts ago :D and then you bring up hypocrisy... You could nt make this stuff up ! Oh wait maybe you could actually ! Your beaten and embarrassing yourself now.

I pointed out to you that slander needs to be a false statement, each of those comments were made by those that agree with you in the last 48 hours.
    If you ve anything other than bickering to say to me feel free to pm me your just clogging the thread with nonsense now. Give it a rest.

I'll post where I want under the boards rules. If you want to PM me then go ahead.

That is nonsense, defunding doesnt go into any specific community, it goes into public services that helps everyone.

Are there two people posting on your account? This was your mindset earlier that people could easily get out of poverty if they bothered to 'graft'.

You claim I'm making things up when you come out with more of this nonsense. No where have I said to punish all cops. Happy for anyone to correct me.

Why would I mention white poverty in a BLM thread? It is like moaning that they aren't talking about soccer in a rugby thread.

BTW the changes that the protesters are asking for will help white people that find themselves in poverty.

I pointed out to you that slander needs to be a false statement, each of those comments were made by those that agree with you in the last 48 hours.

I'll post where I want under the boards rules. If you want to PM me then go ahead.

Your finding slights where there are none similar to how you see racism in everything and everyone that disagrees with you .

Slander needs to be a false statement, great you accused me of calling the "black community lazy" then qouted me not using the words "black community lazy" you implied other posters were racist with no real proof. That's just 2 false statements from you do ya...

So to kill two birds with one stone ur use of slander was hypocritical :D

You then brought up some nonsense about white people having 10x the income of black people.. and defunding the police to help solve this equality being the ultimate goal for your BLM movement, to which I replied I don't see how black people can be anymore equal than they already are... Why is it always the white families and white people you go to for comparisons why not an Asian or Hispanic family ?? Something you wanna tell us ? I'm gettin a "vibe" as you d say :D

Defunding of the cops is punishing all cops , I remember you spouting something about how they act at one of ur peaceful protests i could go back and get more but your general gist was you didn't think highly of cops. That's putting it mildly..

Post where ever u like so, I'm sure others are tired of your roundabout points , I was only saying pm to be polite to other uses and not bog the thread down.

Honestly I'm bored of tearing your points apart at this stage atleast come up with something new.. it's a never ending circle with you.

It was only a matter of time. Will we get back-dated apologies too

https://twitter.com/mikehenrybro/status/1276631712949317639

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

NYC spends $11 billion on police, while the rate they spend on schools and programs for kids have been slashed ...... Plenty of evidence how investing in kids staying out of trouble is money better spent than an army on the street.

There's a lot more evidence that investing in policing and handing out real prison time is cost effective and a much more efficient means to protect NY citizens of all colours.

NY murders fell from 2245 in 1990 to 289 in 2018. They rose to 318 last year as city starts to return to its bat**** liberal anti NYPD policies that almost destroyed the place.

Education budget is $34 billion for year 2019/20.

Health and welfare budget is $33 billion.

You give the impression children have no school books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

I wonder will Mike Henry also be returning all the money he’s made playing a black character over the years if he has such a guilty conscience about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Who's going to play the talking dog....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Who's going to play the talking dog....?

Scooby doo is coming out of retirement apparently. But he is a brown dog while the family guy character is a white dog so I'd expect there may be some more problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

He shouid hand back his wages also.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/FreedomDogLover/status/1276659359095894016?s=20

Looks like he got out before the cancel culture vultures picked up on it and came for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Ex MET Detective Chief Superintendent Kevin Hurley gives some very uncomfortable truths during Sky news interview today following the Brixton police attacks, which so sky news cut him off. They did this a SN reporter with the reading attack last week.

https://twitter.com/Miss_Snuffy/status/1276408045845831681

He will never be invited back to voice his honest opinions again.

Im interested in seeing how much reparations The Simpsons with providing to the black community for the years of cultural appropriation and suffering they cause on them

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1276658160816832512

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Should do like they did with Smithers in the first season, just change him from black to 'white'....

Should do like they did with Smithers in the first season, just change him from black to 'white'....

Also Smithers is heavily implied to be gay, if not outright stated. So it would have to be a gay black man to voice Smithers back then.

oyvey wrote: »
    Also Smithers is heavily implied to be gay, if not outright stated. So it would have to be a gay black man to voice Smithers back then.

I assume this will work both ways, no more black people to be given white roles, like "James bond , the witcher"

Black people or "coloured" can now only act in jobs that were specifically race stated in an attempt to end racism

If it wasn't all so stupid it d nearly be funny.

oyvey wrote: »

I assume this will work both ways, no more black people to be given white roles, like "James bond , the witcher"

Black people or "coloured" can now only act in jobs that were specifically race stated in an attempt to end racism

Well it wouldn't be fair.
    Black people for black people roles ,white people for white people roles etc.

You wont see a black man playing a Roman emperor in a movie nor will you see a white man plays Congolese war lord.

Right. Segregate the races. That’ll bring peace.

• Advertisement

Scenes like these below show how mentally undeveloped these people are. I know we've seen it many times before but ffs its like a parody at times

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1276699870586441734

Advertisement