Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

oyvey wrote: »
    Right. Segregate the races. That’ll bring peace.

I know the whole thing is a contradiction... The witcher actively went along and sought out a more mixed cast as the books it was mostly all white people , but they decided to give black people , Hispanic people white roles...

I know the whole thing is a contradiction... The witcher actively went along and sought out a more mixed cast as the books it was mostly all white people , but they decided to give black people , Hispanic people white roles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Scenes like these below show how mentally undeveloped these people are. I know we've seen it many times before but ffs its like a parody at times

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1276699870586441734

1 why Americans carry guns and should do
    2 that red goggles wearing mouthy coward should be identified , isolated and disfigured.

Out of control

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

Segregation is now a thing within the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in Seattle. It's unbelievable that segregation is now seen as progress. Not only does it hark back to the awful Jim Crow days it can now only create bigger barriers and distrust between people.

https://disrn.com/news/video-shows-black-only-segregated-areas-within-chaz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Bonniedog wrote: »
    There's a lot more evidence that investing in policing and handing out real prison time is cost effective and a much more efficient means to protect NY citizens of all colours.

NY murders fell from 2245 in 1990 to 289 in 2018. They rose to 318 last year as city starts to return to its bat**** liberal anti NYPD policies that almost destroyed the place.

Education budget is $34 billion for year 2019/20.

Health and welfare budget is $33 billion.

You give the impression children have no school books!
    NYCs murder rate last year was lower than any year bar 2018 and 2017. Were there huge cuts made to the budget in 2017 and 2018 or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

1 why Americans carry guns and should do
    2 that red goggles wearing mouthy coward should be identified , isolated and disfigured.

Out of control

This level of intimidation, harassment, and assault from the cockroaches is accepted again and again. I honestly admire people who take. But we have seen many times online, videos of people/groups reacting or retaliating against these commies and its beautiful to see.

Meanwhile in perfectly acceptable land.

How about darth vader being voiced by a black man even tho darth vader was white..

Interesting times ahead:rolleyes::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ReggiePines

Cupatae wrote: »
    Meanwhile in perfectly acceptable land.

How about darth vader being voiced by a black man even tho darth vader was white..

Interesting times ahead:rolleyes::D:D

No sane white person is even remotely offended by this, what is offensive however is the hypocritical double standard being perpetrated by these moronic BLM witch hunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You wont see a black man playing a Roman emperor in a movie nor will you see a white man plays Congolese war lord.

You will if it's a film set in the late second century/early third century.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭tjhook

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to hear why Irish pulling down statues and changing names of towns is ok but BLM wanting it is bad.

It's a very good question and it's good to challenge oneself on these things. For me the important factor is not the desire to keep or get rid of a statue, but rather how that end is achieved.

I'm not in favour of mobs taking it on themselves to decide which statues to topple. E.g. if I could gather a few hundred or even a few thousand anti-FF people willing to tear down statues of Eamon De Velera, does that give me a mandate to do it? The mob in Bristol would appear to think it does.

Where a person lobbies an authority and as a result a decision is taken by that authority to remove a statue, that's different. That's lawful and democratic, whether it applies to statues of war heroes/criminals, slave traders or anything else.

Somebody above (perhaps yourself?) made a very good point about Nazi statues after WW2. Thinking about it, I could add to that situations like Iraq where statues of Saddam Hussein were toppled. I'd view those slightly differently. Still mob action, but unusual situations in that the state had collapsed and there was no authority to appeal to. In the absence of a state/authority, all that remains is individuals making their own decisions.

In the case of Ireland after independence, I would guess most of the town renaming and statue removals were done with the permission/order of the new state. Not always, as in the case of Nelson's Pillar in Dublin. I'd consider that a reckless unlawful action by a mob. There was democracy and an authority to lobby rather than sneaking around using explosives in a city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

In Dublin some monuments came down peacefully and by government planning, but not all of them. Just look at Nelson's Pillar or the William of Orange statue in College Green for examples.

In the US there is also a mixture of primarily confederate statues being taken down forcibly and removed by way of government planning, etc. Some other changes are also occurring, one example being that Mississippi is looking very likely to change its (confederate themed) state flag while some cities like New Orleans are renaming all confederate named streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Why is it always turned into a race war.

We are all human beings, breath and bleed exactly the same....

Better education and prospects for all, more equal opportunity for all.

This is only starting, i would say the vast majority of the wealth and power of the world is controlled by white people, the next thing there will be demands for equal representation in Government and boardroom so interesting times ahead, I think i read somewhere recently that just 10% of world population is white like me. Is there any black TD?
    Slavery was the start of immigration and only for this there likely not be as many people on the planet as Africian countries would only be able to sustain much smaller population with food they can produce.

I expect there be civil unrest before this is sorted, it's almost an impossible task to have equality in a world that is over-populated and a small proportion of the people (us) have most of the wealth.

Interesting times ahead...

https://disrn.com/news/blm-leader-says-group-developing-highly-trained-military-arm-for-war-on-police

I just seen this now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Great news for American police. They no longer have to put themselves in danger by going into ghettos and neighborhoods that they are not wanted.
    If these blm units attack police then they will see war alright. They will be piled up by the trailer load .

Great news for American police. They no longer have to put themselves in danger by going into ghettos and neighborhoods that they are not wanted.
    If these blm units attack police then they will see war alright. They will be piled up by the trailer load .

Give em what they want, let see how long this blm delusional utopia lasts.

aoPeyA2_460swp.webp
    img

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

The original post in this thread has thread has so many likes it is insane.
    "If you've read all this and understand it and still use the 'alllivesmatter' hashtag then shame on you. You are a terrible human"

Do so many people really believe it is ok to label so many White people on the other side as terrible human beings what sort of dialogue can happen when it is either my way or you are a terrible human being.

Do people realise that indigenous Irish people are placed behind all immigrants when it comes to social housing in this country this is actively happening here.This is an indisputable fact.Black kids can stab and almost murder Irish kids with actual proof on video then boast about it on social media and not spend a night in jail,out on bail.Does that White kid feel like his life matters now? He is white,it doesn't seem universally accepted that his life matters,there is no punishment meted out to his assailants simply because they are Black,if that was the other way around that White Irish kid wouldn't see the light of day for at least 5 years.

Poor is poor and they feel oppressed so just because some middle class White liberals have been browbeat into carrying some White guilt,you are never going to get a poor White person to carry that guilt absolutely never and it is insanity to label a mass of White people as terrible humans just because they won't get on the guilt train with you.It is never going to happen but White liberals have decided to shut down dialogue with every poor White person and call them terrible humans.

There is an awful lot of these knocking about online that shows the hypocrisy of it all.

aqnKnEP_460swp.webp
    img

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Hannibal36 wrote: »

Do people realise that indigenous Irish people are placed behind all immigrants when it comes to social housing in this country this is actively happening here.

Agree with everything else, bar this. It's something I've wondered about for awhile, and I think what happens is that immigrant families simply have more kids than Irish families, so they go straight up the top of list. You're correct for the most part in that they do end up getting houses first, but I don't think there's a specific policy of housing them first, it's just a product of the amount of kids they have.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Alison Brie now. I wonder who is next

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1276929361904574465

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Alison Brie now. I wonder who is next

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1276929361904574465

"I now understand that people of color, should always voice people of color. We missed a great opportunity to represent the Vietnamese-American community accurately and respectfully, and for that I am truly sorry. I applaud all those who stepped away from their voiceover roles in recent days. I have learned a lot from them."

Hell, that reads like something handed to a captured Allied pilot in the Gulf War to read in a propaganda video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

I still think its wrong that there a lot of Pakistani or Indian actors in England who now cant really do Shakespeare and all the white rolls that they could do in the passed. Its acting ffs. Now, if coloured people are saying only white English people can act those parts its just making an nonsense of what acting is - pretending to be something that your not. Which could cause them financial difficulty as well, just because some other have a view on who can or cannot be a certain character.

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    "I now understand that people of color, should always voice people of color. We missed a great opportunity to represent the Vietnamese-American community accurately and respectfully, and for that I am truly sorry. I applaud all those who stepped away from their voiceover roles in recent days. I have learned a lot from them."

Hell, that reads like something handed to a captured Allied pilot in the Gulf War to read in a propaganda video.

With an old Toshiba, camcorder on front of her.

Its probably also why Idriss Elba didnt get the Bond movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

I'm actually at the point now where I think it serves at lot of these voice actors right to be hit financially for being out of a job if they're so intent on showing the world how 'virtuous' they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

Rockbeast2 wrote: »

...in a cartoon world where the main character is f***ing horse-man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

I'm actually at the point now where I think it serves at lot of these voice actors right to be hit financially for being out of a job if they're so intent on showing the world how 'virtuous' they are.

I think in a couple of these its less about being virtuous and just jumping out of the way of twitterati train they sensed was coming right at them.

I guess Phil LaMarr voice acting in Samurai Jack was wrong too? Or it doesn't apply in this case??

aj98mzg_700bwp.webp
    img

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

There is an awful lot of these knocking about online that shows the hypocrisy of it all.

aqnKnEP_460swp.webp
    img

indeed...

wait, what?

I could keep going. The utter hypocrisy of BLM and it shows no end

aBm0grx_460swp.webp
    img

• Advertisement

I could keep going. The utter hypocrisy of BLM and it shows no end

aBm0grx_460swp.webp
    img

Thats feckin shocking. A man of colour has just as much right to act Margaret of Anjou as any woman of colour.

Advertisement