Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

joe40 wrote: »
    So the problems facing AA communities are their own fault, no wider societal issues. Is that what you saying.

What about poverty in Ireland. Does it exist and is it purely the fault of the people themselves.

I'm certainly not willing to say I would have been able to have the stable life I have if my environment growing up was different.

I'm far from wealthy but I have benefited from stable upbringing.

well in the case of travellers in ireland , its entirely that communities fault , plus ireland has an extraordinary generous welfare state relative to the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    well in the case of travellers in ireland , its entirely that communities fault , plus ireland has an extraordinary generous welfare state relative to the USA

I agree with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Only odd if you're hypocritical.

If posters are claiming the black community is supposed to sort crime and other social issues in their communities, then why isn't the white community expected to do similar?

Like the rest of your posts biased,long winded , nonsensical attempts at point scoring... I actually got a good laugh outta you thinking you had "got" one over on everyone with that point... fully convinced and everything haha it's So stupid but so funny :D:D you wonder then why no one bothers going into detail with stuff like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cupatae wrote: »
    Like the rest of your posts biased,long winded , nonsensical attempts at point scoring... I actually got a good laugh outta you thinking you had "got" one over on everyone with that point... fully convinced and everything haha it's So stupid but so funny :D:D you wonder then why no one bothers going into detail with stuff like that :D

You still haven't answered the questions... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Cupatae and Foxtrol give the bickering a rest, nobody wants to read pages and pages of your back and forth sniping, let's get back on topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Body found in Minneapolis pawnshop that was torched in George Floyd protests

EdcsHqWXoAAYxdk?format=jpg&name=medium
    Img

Burning down your community, looting, destroying businesses where people work, and killing people?? It was never about George Floyd or BLM. I don't think we'll ever know how many people were killed by the BLM mob during these riots. I hope it wasn't the store owner or any of its employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

To think that ordinary people led by celebrities were bailing out the vandals/thugs/criminals who police managed to catch to send them back onto the streets to do more damage like this...shameful, and all so they could boast about it on some social media platform!!!

Meanwhile in Chicago 17 people shot at an incident at a funeral home....

Crime skyrocketing in certain US cities, ya....it's all going to plan for the Democrats alright!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Another unlawful death,
    this one carried out by the Burning and Looting Mob.
    Wonder where the protests are for that person's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

To think that ordinary people led by celebrities were bailing out the vandals/thugs/criminals who police managed to catch to send them back onto the streets to do more damage like this...shameful, and all so they could boast about it on some social media platform!!!

Meanwhile in Chicago 17 people shot at an incident at a funeral home....

Crime skyrocketing in certain US cities, ya....it's all going to plan for the Democrats alright!!!
    Where are people like you when white dudes shoot up their schools? Is it about race then? Nah, course its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Where are people like you when white dudes shoot up their schools? Is it about race then? Nah, course its not.

Actually fatherless homes or abusive homes are the common denominator in both serious issues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Must be racism wanting to see black people stop shooting each other at rates only seen in war zones.

If a white neighbourhood had a violence rate like South Chicago etc, you can be certain that the place would be flooded with police and federal authorities, National Guard etc.

Imagine the reaction if that was done in a black community, rich white progressives would go out of their mind with anger.

Instead, about 5k black Chicagoans will be injured by shots this year, out of 700k people and close on a thousand will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

ELM327 wrote: »
    Another unlawful death,
    this one carried out by the Burning and Looting Mob.
    Wonder where the protests are for that person's life.

There has been a lot of deaths now linked to this movement, The victims were mostly Black people. It was completely needless.

Danzy wrote: »
    Must be racism wanting to see black people stop shooting each other at rates only seen in war zones.

If a white neighbourhood had a violence rate like South Chicago etc, you can be certain that the place would be flooded with police and federal authorities, National Guard etc.

Imagine the reaction if that was done in a black community, rich white progressives would go out of their mind with anger.

Instead, about 5k black Chicagoans will be injured by shots this year, out of 700k people and close on a thousand will die.

Who doesn't want crime to stop?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Who doesn't want crime to stop?? :confused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd suspect those who want to defund the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BattleCorp wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Without evidence, apparently.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nonsense. Point me to quotes where people that support defunding the police want more crime?

They believe the money can be spent in other ways that would make crime drop. It is hard to find a better funded police force in the world than the US and look at the crime rates (that posters here love to point out).

I presume you're calling for Irish government to cut after school programs in disadvantaged areas so Gardai can go on 'Warrior Training' or take funding away from hospitals so the Cahersiveen Garda Station can purchase a tank, or start sending armed Gardai to follow up on kids that mitch from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

94% of Americans want police reform vs 6% who say things are OK as-is.

74% want an end to 'stop and frisk' techniques. 50% want an end to police officer involvement in non-violent crimes. 56% want to see police unions eliminated. 96% want to see changes made to hold officer more accountable and more likely to face punishment for misconduct. Only 15% want to see police departments abolished, though 47% want to see defunding with the money being used for other ways of reducing crime, e.g. social programs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd suspect those who want to de-fund the police.

:D Too funny, de-funding the police has to be the worst idea to come out of this whole thing... Its akin to having lots of fires and de-funding the fire brigade so they have less fires...

The idea that less police and more underfunded police force = Better society is 100% laughable. It honestly speaks volumes about the people supporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

Less money for the police and use the savings for social improvements is a valid idea, but the order is wrong. First you spend extra on social improvements and AFTER, not before, you see results you may think about reducing the police funding.

Cordell wrote: »
    Less money for the police and use the savings for social improvements is a valid idea, but the order is wrong. First you spend extra on social improvements and AFTER, not before, you see results you may think about reducing the police funding.

This is supposedly all about helping the black community, and the main excuse is they have a poor environment...lack of education... ect ect and crime is the first thing they meet so thats what they do... of course the last thing blamed here is personal choice and responsibility... but ignoring that...

If anything they need a better funded police force and more police to wipe out this crime, and give people a safe environment to make better choices...if crime is no longer a viable option they ll have no choice but to improve.

Part of me hopes they defund the police, and put out a few "sunshine and rainbows" social programs... just so i can say i told you so to all the gullible people that think defunding the police will lead to anything good! when crimes true the roof and the streets run red with murder rates spiking the SJW will have a real head scratcher on there hands!

The reality is they need a better trained and better funded Police force.

• Advertisement

i told you so to all the gullible people that think defunding the police will lead to anything good
    You misunderstood me. I don't think defunding the police will lead to anything good, quite the opposite.

So Ted Wheeler, Portland mayor, a progressive lefty who so openly supported BLM at the height of the riots now has the dregs of portland in mobs harassing him when he stated he won't be defunding the police (but fund his private security) He's the one that has told officers to stand down in the city, I wonder how long that will last. chose a side and contributed to the problem when he held hands and danced in circles with terrorists protestors. These mobs in portland will never be happy.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1286201620120797185

An earlier video of this muppet.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1286195010572935168

I'd agree to a point, we unfortunately don't live in a world with unlimited budgets, especially with the impacts of COVID. To increase spending something else has to reduce.

There is a huge amount of police funding that is wasted. You don't need small towns having their own SWAT teams, along with tanks, nor should they be spending it on 'warrior training'. We wouldn't accept that kind of wastage in Ireland.

You also simply don't need armed police officers doing a lot of things they are current doing, like following up on kids who have skipped school, dealing with domestic altercations or mental health issues with no weapons reported. Even police in many cases themselves agree with this.

The only 'muppet' is the far-right associated Andy Ngo. If he is calling those 'explosives' he must have a mental breakdown every 4th of July :rolleyes:

I'd agree to a point, we unfortunately don't live in a world with unlimited budgets, especially with the impacts of COVID. To increase spending something else has to reduce.
    I agree, I wasn't proposing a solution, just highlighting the only way that defunding the police makes sense.
    There is a huge amount of police funding that is wasted. You don't need small towns having their own SWAT teams, along with tanks, nor should they be spending it on 'warrior training'.
    Sure, but that's not what they want. They want punishment, not a more effective police force.
    We wouldn't accept that kind of wastage in Ireland.
    Hell no, here the police are more peace keepers than law enforcement at any cost.
    You also simply don't need armed police officers doing a lot of things they are current doing, like following up on kids who have skipped school, dealing with domestic altercations or mental health issues with no weapons reported. Even police in many cases themselves agree with this.
    Agree except no weapon reported, no such thing over there, but again, this is not what they want.

This is indicative of the mentality those who support BLM, This is a leader of Oxford's BLM movement. Money/grant cannot buy intelligence. She uses racial slurs like 'coon' and resorts in threats of violence.........She's speaking to a black man. This is extremely common in BLM. Those of the same ethnicity who don't take their side, are white scum.

https://twitter.com/HappyHarryMedia/status/1285998133638561797

Whenever I see these BLM militants it always reminds of Militant bLACK guy from balls of steel

I agree, I wasn't proposing a solution, just highlighting the only way that defunding the police makes sense.

Sure, but that's not what they want. They want punishment, not a more effective police force.

Hell no, here the police are more peace keepers than law enforcement at any cost.

Agree except no weapon reported, no such thing over there, but again, this is not what they want.

What I highlighted is what many of the protesters are asking for, it just gets drowned out by fear-mongering.

As I pointed out earlier, no mainstream group is advocating for more crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

This is indicative of the mentality those who support BLM, This is a leader of Oxford's BLM movement. Money/grant cannot buy intelligence. She uses racial slurs like 'coon' and resorts in threats of violence.........She's speaking to a black man. This is extremely common in BLM. Those of the same ethnicity who don't take their side, are white scum.

https://twitter.com/HappyHarryMedia/status/1285998133638561797

Whenever I see these BLM militants it always reminds of Militant bLACK guy from balls of steel

If she was white would she be cancelled?

What I highlighted is what many of the protesters are asking for, it just gets drowned out by fear-mongering.

At this point is very difficult to filter out reasonable protesters from the crowds of looters (which definitely want less police) of from the crowds that occupy whole city areas (which definitely want zero police), and the rest of the nutters and racist that don't really know themselves what they want.
    As I pointed out earlier, no mainstream group is advocating for more crime.
    No, but there are plenty arguing against law enforcement. And if they're listened to, that will be the result, more crime.

• Advertisement

At this point is very difficult to filter out reasonable protesters from the crowds of looters (which definitely want less police) of from the crowds that occupy whole city areas (which definitely want zero police), and the rest of the nutters and racist that don't really know themselves what they want.

I'd argue a lot of that difficulty is due to the media. 50+ days later there are thousands of people still protesting on a daily basis, while the media focuses on minor flash points or runs video from weeks/months ago.
    No, but there are plenty arguing against law enforcement. And if they're listened to, that will be the result, more crime.

But in this case there are valid arguments against the actions of law enforcement and the rules they fall under. If police were open to resolving those issues rather than fighting every step fix them then people wouldn't be so strongly arguing against them.

Advertisement