Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

This is indicative of the mentality those who support BLM, This is a leader of Oxford's BLM movement. Money/grant cannot buy intelligence. She uses racial slurs like 'coon' and resorts in threats of violence.........She's speaking to a black man. This is extremely common in BLM. Those of the same ethnicity who don't take their side, are white scum.

https://twitter.com/HappyHarryMedia/status/1285998133638561797

Deary me. That woman is a deluded knacker. It’s this type of dangerous racist that’s been empowered over the past few weeks and months.

She really doesn’t think she should be held accountable to the same standards as the rest of the human race.

Hateful. It must be exhausting to be so vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Deary me. That woman is a deluded knacker. It’s this type of dangerous racist that’s been empowered over the past few weeks and months.

She really doesn’t think she should be held accountable to the same standards as the rest of the human race.

Hateful. It must be exhausting to be so vile.

It evidently clear why BLM has lost traction, it's not only because people grew tired of the social fad but because of the many many vile racist people like her have been coming out of the woodwork daily. Racist views against white people have always been there in a lot of blacks, the past few weeks have allowed for them to get away with speaking in such a hateful and racial way on all kinds of platforms and only emboldens them to act with impunity. The race-baiting from Irish media is disgusting. It turns my stomach to the point where there could be a genuine case of racism and I just wouldn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It evidently clear why BLM has lost traction, it's not only because people grew tired of the social fad but because of the many many vile racist people like her have been coming out of the woodwork daily. Racist views against white people have always been there in a lot of blacks, the past few weeks have allowed for them to get away with speaking in such a hateful and racial way on all kinds of platforms and only emboldens them to act with impunity. The race-baiting from Irish media is disgusting. It turns my stomach to the point where there could be a genuine case of racism and I just wouldn't care.

A loss of traction is only evident in your head.

BLM has higher approval than ever, protesters have achieved many big wins already, and there are still daily protests all over the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

They showed there true colors to be fair , it's an embarrassing movement at this stage that's being spear headed by the white liberals that are so far detached from reality it's unbelievable

They incited all these riots and protests and have blood on there hands altho they only accept the good and try disown the bad publicity

Most level headed black people I'd imagine are highly embarrassed by these white liberal sjw types running around tryna tell them how badly off they are... And supposedly crusading on there behalf...

You only have to look at most videos of middle to upper class white liberals telling black police officers they are racist... Most of these people have prob never see a days hardship in there life but gladly go around fighting the good fight and protesting , it's down right embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Cupatae wrote: »
    They incited all these riots and protests and have blood on there hands altho they only accept the good and try disown the bad publicity

Most level headed black people I'd imagine are highly embarrassed by these white liberal sjw types running around tryna tell them how badly off they are... And supposedly crusading on there behalf...

Most of these people have prob never see a day's hardship in their life but gladly go around fighting the good fight and protesting, it's downright embarrassing.

You see that lot throughout the thread, people in denial trying to rationalize the actions of BLM or downplay anything that contradicts their message. I have sympathy for the black people who are capable of rational thought who are subjected to bigoted behavior and racial abuse online or in person, from people within their race. The irony of Yur'wan calling the other black lad a c*on, as if she was superior like it was to be some sort of backhanded slap down. It infuriates them when another black man/woman who isnt buying their sh*T.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Foxtrol wrote: »
    A loss of traction is only evident in your head.

BLM has higher approval than ever, protesters have achieved many big wins already, and there are still daily protests all over the US.

Exactly.

"2. The oppressors decided that this hashtag would gather too much momentum and decided they needed to water it down and dilute it with 'alllivesmatter' to protect the racist system that they benefit from. And to some degree it's working (COINTELPRO)."

Another major part of COINTELPRO is to discredit the individual and/or organization. EXACTLY what is being done here and most people on this thread are eating it up. History repeating.

iamstop wrote: »
    Exactly.

"2. The oppressors decided that this hashtag would gather too much momentum and decided they needed to water it down and dilute it with 'alllivesmatter' to protect the racist system that they benefit from. And to some degree it's working (COINTELPRO)."

Another major part of COINTELPRO is to discredit the individual and/or organization. EXACTLY what is being done here and most people on this thread are eating it up. History repeating.

Lol the BLM slogan is more of a roadblock to the progression of what they are trying to achieve than anything else, you can barely even discuss the movement without being branded a racist..

Try think for yourself rather than just follow along blindly, like really think about what your saying..

Take for example the whole defund the police that like minded people with yourself want... Really think it thru, have a look at NY at the min...and ask yourself what's the end game if they mange to defund the police... If you come up with anything short of a disaster I dunno what to tell ya!

And that's just one example of the nonsensical logic at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

20 year old BLM supporter arrested for kneeling on toddlers neck.

116042470_2644148062354808_523626066722426314_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=xiWsMeM9Iu4AX-zISTw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=38a5e69540f4e78ed67aa0fe0a4e5308&oe=5F413C68

You see that lot throughout the thread, people in denial trying to rationalize the actions of BLM or downplay anything that contradicts their message. I have sympathy for the black people who are capable of rational thought who are subjected to bigoted behavior and racial abuse online or in person, from people within their race. The irony of Yur'wan calling the other black lad a c*on, as if she was superior like it was to be some sort of backhanded slap down. It infuriates them when another black man/woman who isnt buying their sh*T.

Again, all in your head. Protest leaders and every sane supporter on the protests on this thread have condemned the actions of looters and rioters etc.

What you're doing is calling all soccer fans scumbags because a tiny minority are hooligans.

At least the majority of the population aren't falling for the smears anymore.

Again, all in your head. Protest leaders and every sane supporter on the protests on this thread have condemned the actions of looters and rioters etc.

What you're doing is calling all soccer fans scumbags because a tiny minority are hooligans.

At least the majority of the population aren't falling for the smears anymore.

Yeah we're really tryna keep the black man down in America from here in Ireland... Big on the agenda... (That's sarcasm just in case ya don't cop it) smear campaigns from Ireland lmao the logic is top notch :D I'm sure our posts reverberate around the world !

As for your football fans example... It's ironically Abit like defunding every police officer because of a few bad ones :D

I'm out anyway I got a top laugh out of your replies foxtrol cheers for the lols :D

Threads run its course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That defunding the police has worked out so well on New York , 150 % increase in shootings , 14 shot a funeral the other day in Chicago , 40 or 50 shot in Chicago every weekend. I'd hate to break it to all the BLM lovers . But it ain't cops killing all the black people in America , it's other blacks.

https://abc7ny.com/shootings-nyc-black-lives-matter-police/6317066/

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-funeral-home-auburn-gresham-news/6328593/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/07/22/man-charged-after-3-slain-quadruple-shooting-coney-shop-detroit/5484794002/

That defunding the police has worked out so well on New York , 150 % increase in shootings , 14 shot a funeral the other day in Chicago , 40 or 50 shot in Chicago every weekend. I'd hate to break it to all the BLM lovers . But it ain't cops killing all the black people in America , it's other blacks.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-funeral-home-auburn-gresham-news/6328593/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/07/22/man-charged-after-3-slain-quadruple-shooting-coney-shop-detroit/5484794002/

Ironically defunding the police would lead to a lot more black people dead... BLM fanatics tho can't seem to wrap there brains around this tho.. it's mind blowing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Ironically defunding the police would lead to a lot more black people dead... BLM fanatics tho can't seem to wrap there brains around this tho.. it's mind blowing stuff.

BLM protesters are mostly white liberals, they don't give a f##k about black lives, they just want to win an election.

Defunding hasn't even kicked in yet, so the police are failing to stop crime as it is.

I'll say it again, the system isn't working

It actually has in New York , the mayor disbanded the anti crime unit last month and unsurprisingly to normal people the shootings went up . You only hear of BLM protests when a cop kills a black man . They're pretty silent when it comes to the thousands of blacks who are killed by other blacks every year though

Defunding hasn't even kicked in yet, so the police are failing to stop crime as it is.

Defunding the police in the middle of one of the worst crime waves in recent times ....without any tried and tested alternative....well...it's brave, I'll give the Democrats that!!!!!

What are businesses who's ability to trade has been damaged by this recent upsurge supposed to do...what companies will insure them while this completely new experiment is tested in one of the worlds biggest most diverse cities?

You're wrong they disbanded the anti crime unit in new York and the shootings went up. I taught it was only cops that killed blacks , if black lives matter so much , why do they kill each other so much ???

https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/nyc-shootings-surge-after-nypds-anti-crime-unit-disbanded/

Also the cop free zone in Seattle worked out well , how many shootings happened there?

So the crime rate is up and you want even less police :D:D

God bless America if people that share your ideology ever get a sniff of power !

You're wrong they disbanded the anti crime unit in new York and the shootings went up. I taught it was only cops that killed blacks , if black lives matter so much , why do they kill each other so much ???

https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/nyc-shootings-surge-after-nypds-anti-crime-unit-disbanded/

This is what happens when BLM ideology meets facts and reality

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

Coleman Hughes is a really interesting young black man who always tries to give a balanced viewpoint but is not afraid to say what he thinks is right/wrong.

His latest podcast, Is BLM Right? is well worth a listen.

https://colemanhughes.org/

• Advertisement

This is what happens when BLM ideology meets facts and reality

They don't like facts getting in the way of there feelings

Defunding the police in the middle of one of the worst crime waves in recent times ....without any tried and tested alternative....well...it's brave, I'll give the Democrats that!!!!!

What are businesses who's ability to trade has been damaged by this recent upsurge supposed to do...what companies will insure them while this completely new experiment is tested in one of the worlds biggest most diverse cities?

What they are doing isn't working. Crime went down the last time NYPD went on strike.

NYC isn't even really defunding the police anyway, nearly the whole thing is an accounting exercise. They just shifted staff that were aligned to the NYPD to other areas. Read up on it.

I'm also keen to hear on all the businesses that have been impacted by this. All in your head again?

What they are doing isn't working. Crime went down the last time NYPD went on strike.

NYC isn't even really defunding the police anyway, nearly the whole thing is an accounting exercise. They just shifted staff that were aligned to the NYPD to other areas. Read up on it.

I'm also keen to hear on all the businesses that have been impacted by this. All in your head again?

Did you miss the news when they were showing all the business's getting looted and burnt

All in my head???? A business can't open it's doors without insurance. A business needs insurance to protect itself against damage....the more dangerous a city the higher the costs...are you that dim?

Here's a clip in cases you missed it . Poor people look so upset over the killing of George floyd

https://twitter.com/MeAshokChauhan/status/1267322644560568321

Also the cop free zone in Seattle worked out well , how many shootings happened there?

Any evidence that any of those crimes would have been stopped by that unit? You're getting confused by correlation and causation.

Other things that are correlated with the uptick in violence are the impacts of COVID mass unemployment, minimal government support, increased isolation, lack of other outlets.

I was joking in my last post but the NYPD striked and crime went down. Does that prove that no NYPD would mean crime would reduce?? :rolleyes:

The % of white on white violence is pretty close to the % of black on black crime. Why do white people kill each other so much?? (The answer is pretty obvious, people still live in areas divided by race and you're much more likely to be the victim of violent crime by someone that lives in your area)

All in my head???? A business can't open it's doors without insurance. A business needs insurance to protect itself against damage....the more dangerous a city the higher the costs...are you that dim?

You're flogging a dead horse lad, logic simply doesn't compute :D

Any evidence that any of those crimes would have been stopped by that unit? You're getting confused by correlation and causation.

Other things that are correlated with the uptick in violence are the impacts of COVID mass unemployment, minimal government support, increased isolation, lack of other outlets.

I was joking in my last post but the NYPD striked and crime went down. Does that prove that no NYPD would mean crime would reduce?? :rolleyes:

The % of white on white violence is pretty close to the % of black on black crime. Why do white people kill each other so much?? (The answer is pretty obvious, people still live in areas divided by race and you're much more likely to be the victim of violent crime by someone that lives in your area)

How can there be evidence of a crime that was prevented?????

Just look at the stats....before the unit was disbanded and after....simple!!!!

Let me guess...the surge in murders and shootings are because people are stealing bread!!! (a reason given by AOC)

So yes, all in your head. You're going down the hypothetical that a rise in shootings in relatively local areas that have nothing to do with businesses may increase insurance rates at some point in the future.

• Advertisement

And yet you still want less police... Honestly think about it lmao... This isn't about black or white crime it's about crime.. think about what your asking for , imagine they did massively defund the police... Do you magically think it's gonna be all sunshine and rainbows and crime will just drop ?

You wouldn't want to go to Harvard to realize where defunding the police in the US ends up.

Who you gonna call if there's a crime ? Say your houses is being broken into ? Ring ring I need help... Sorry we ve no available officers you ve defunded us just wait a while till ones free.

Advertisement