Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Foxtrol wrote: »
    So yes, all in your head. You're going down the hypothetical that a rise in shootings in relatively local areas that have nothing to do with businesses may increase insurance rates at some point in the future.

You sir are something else.

A massive surge in violence is going to have an impact on trade for local businesses.

Defunding the police is going to have a massive impact on the ability of those businesses to get affordable insurance premiums.

It's like trying to get insurance for a business in areas that are prone to flooding....this isn't even difficult to grasp!!!!

If businesses close they leave a hole in the local tax coffers.

What world are you living in????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

A massive surge in violence is going to have an impact on trade for local businesses.

Defunding the police is going to have a massive impact on the ability of those businesses to get affordable insurance premiums.

It's like trying to get insurance for a business in areas that are prone to flooding....this isn't even difficult to grasp!!!!

It's when you meet people like this on boards you actually hope they are trolling but nope..this is not a drill :D this is for real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Wakanda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

How can there be evidence of a crime that was prevented?????

Just look at the stats....before the unit was disbanded and after....simple!!!!

Let me guess...the surge in murders and shootings are because people are stealing bread!!! (a reason given by AOC)

Look at the crime stats before and as COVID progressed.

We have no evidence of causation but the impact of COVID is a lot greater than 600 officers getting reassigned to different police units in a city of 8+million people.

I'm living in a US city so likely a lot more informed than you are.

Businesses, especially in big US cities, have much greater issues with COVID than imagined insurance increases due to violence in pockets of cities.

• Advertisement

Look at the crime stats before and as COVID progressed.

We have no evidence of causation but the impact of COVID is a lot greater than 600 officers getting reassigned to different police units in a city of 8+million people.

Whose doing all the killings in Chicago

I'm living in a US city so likely a lot more informed than you are..

I hope you were protesting peacefully

Whose doing all the killings in Chicago

Criminals

Criminals

What colour are the criminals

I hope you were protesting peacefully

Thanks for your concern, every one I've been on so far has been peaceful.

• Advertisement

What colour are the criminals

Statistics say more likely than not the same race as the victim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Thanks for your concern, every one I've been on so far has been peaceful.

Let me guess, you were one of the liberals trying to shout down this young lady?

Statistics say more likely than not the same race as the victim

And what race are the victims in Chicago, ill give you a clue if your stuck ?

Let me guess, you were one of the liberals trying to shout down this young lady?

Nope, she is entitled to her opinion. I however listen to the black people I'm friends with and to the hundreds of thousands of black people that were protesting.

Nope, she is entitled to her opinion. I however listen to the black people I'm friends with and to the hundreds of thousands of black people that were protesting.

Ahh they must be right so if there's hundreds of thousands of em...not like the mob is ever wrong...they always get it right like those times , they elected Trump.. or the hundreds of thousands that lined the streets for Hitler ect... Ya mass crowds are certainly an indication of whose right and whos wrong.

Or is it just when it suits your agenda ? I almost feel sorry for you at this point watching your logic get picked apart. If only you were open minded and not a BLM fanatic you d actually learn something.

And what race are the victims in Chicago, ill give you a clue if your stuck ?

Do you want to post a link to a specific crime and have me say if the person is white/black/other? :rolleyes:

I really don't get what you're trying to get out of this line of questioning. It is like me asking you what race were the criminals involved in gangland killings in Limerick, as if that proves some problem with white culture/society/people.

Criminals are criminals and they are much more likely to commit crimes against people of their own race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Trigger warning; Andy Ngo content.

This video shows the level of intelligence the parents of these children have. Wtf is wrong with them. This child abuse. Using a child to promote a racist political group for attention. Teaching them to hate at that age is vile.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1286406849659432962

Trigger warning; Andy Ngo content.

This video shows the level of intelligence the parents of these children have. Wtf is wrong with them. This child abuse. Using a child to promote a racist political group for attention. Teaching them to hate at that age is vile.

Police are a race now?? :confused:

Not parenting that I'd condone but rather than those words I'd be much more concerned with Andy Ngo hanging out with a far-right group as they planned to attack a bar where a woman was seriously injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 engleburt

If you take Chicago as the yard stick, black lives dont seem to matter to black people, so why should i , a white devil care about black lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Police are a race now?? :confused:

Not parenting that I'd condone but rather than those words I'd be much more concerned with Andy Ngo hanging out with a far-right group as they planned to attack a bar where a woman was seriously injured.

Cheap tactics. Look over there at my wild allegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Cordell

What they are doing isn't working. Crime went down the last time NYPD went on strike.
    Crime records went down because they were, you know, not doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I thought we weren't allowed use the I have black friends line anymore ? :pac:

'Wild allegation' that is backed up by video and the man himself didn't deny being there. :rolleyes:

There is a video of him smiling and laughing with the far right group (Patriot Prayer) prior to them attacking the bar. Given this evidence even Ngo didn't even try to say he wasn't there but instead made up a pitiful excuse that he was 'checking his phone' during the points when the gang were discussing the attack so didnt hear them.

The guy is a far right grifter.

engleburt wrote: »
    If you take Chicago as the yard stick, black lives dont seem to matter to black people, so why should i , a white devil care about black lives?

Going by your logic, looking at gang murders in parts of Limerick or parts of Dublin it seems white lives don't matter to white people. Why are Irish people here trying to use ALM or WLM if they don't care about white lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,895 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So you say?
    But now video has surfaced of Ngo smiling and laughing with members of the far-right group Patriot Prayer shortly before they allegedly orchestrated an attack on a group of antifascists at a leftist bar in a separate incident in May. A female bar patron was knocked unconscious and said she suffered a fractured vertebrae.

In his coverage, Ngo framed the incident as an “antifa brawl” and did not mention that he was with members of Patriot Prayer as they donned body armor, helmets, and weapons before launching their alleged attack.

To Ngo’s critics, the footage confirms what they’ve argued all along: that far from a victim of political violence in Portland, he’s a willing participant. He’s been repeatedly accused of selectively editing videos from protests in a manner that absolves far-right activists of responsibility and skews blame towards antifa.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3apyv/super-awkward-for-right-wing-blogger-andy-ngo-to-make-a-cameo-in-video-of-plot-against-antifa

In the video, about a dozen Patriot Prayer members discuss their plan of attack and assess the wind direction so that they don’t pepper-spray themselves.

“We’re the ones with the weapons here!” someone says.

“There’s a hundred of them there,” someone else says. “I’ll take the first three.”

Multiple people mention that Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson is on his way with “back-up.” “Hope they got 10 big dudes with them,” someone says. “That’d be nice.”

Ngo is standing with them while they prepare to enter the bar, Cider Riot, with his phone in his hand. But he doesn’t film anything, and he didn’t tweet or write about anything he saw or heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

iamstop wrote: »
    Exactly.

"2. The oppressors decided that this hashtag would gather too much momentum and decided they needed to water it down and dilute it with 'alllivesmatter' to protect the racist system that they benefit from. And to some degree it's working (COINTELPRO)."

Another major part of COINTELPRO is to discredit the individual and/or organization. EXACTLY what is being done here and most people on this thread are eating it up. History repeating.

Weren't you banned for trolling the thread? Didn't you admit you were trolling this thread? I had a search for the post but now it's gone.

These boards don't mean much anymore with the amount of things being deleted left right and centre.

2u2me wrote: »
    Weren't you banned for trolling the thread? Didn't you admit you were trolling this thread? I had a search for the post but now it's gone.

These boards don't mean much anymore with the amount of things being deleted left right and centre.

Conspiracy Theories Mod... why am i not surprised :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Cupatae wrote: »
    Conspiracy Theories Mod... why am i not surprised :D:D

I may be mistaken, but I was pretty sure it was that poster.

I remember there was a post by hunky monster calling them out.

Has all this stuff been deleted? Am I the only one who saw that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

2u2me wrote: »

Mod: We're not handing out junior mod badges this week. Drop it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Cecilia Loving, FDNY chief of diversity and inclusion, who made the decision to kick Lt. Daniel McWilliams who was one of the three firefighters who raised the U.S flag at Ground Zero on 9/11, iconic photo, ensuring that the procession would be made up of only black people. Talk about utter racism right here and what a total lack of respect to Lt. Mcwilliams.

daniel-mcwilliams-3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1286
    img

Loving testified at a state Division of Human Rights trial on McWilliam’s complaint that he was the victim of racial bias. McWilliam’s lawyer, Keith Sullivan asked Loving in the trial if a request for an all-black color guard was discriminatory? “No, it isn’t,” Loving replied. Loving said it’s okay to replace a white member with an African-American to “uplift our identities and our separate ethnicities in order to instill a sense of pride and community and support for one another.” ...... eh

Sullivan called out the double standards in the FDNY “If you’re black and you discriminate against a white person in the workplace, you get a slap on the wrist at best,” he wrote. A white person who discriminates gets “heavy-handed discipline and punishment"

Loving has received “one hour of counseling” as discipline for her treatment of McWilliams. :rolleyes: The is on going. And of course there was retaliation agasint McWilliam’s by the mob

Its not about justice. It about revenge with the BLM.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/fdny-official-defends-excluding-famed-9-11-officer-from-procession/

Advertisement