Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

2u2me wrote: »
    Weren't you banned for trolling the thread? Didn't you admit you were trolling this thread? I had a search for the post but now it's gone.

These boards don't mean much anymore with the amount of things being deleted left right and centre.

No, not me. It's either all in your head or you're thinking of someone else. Nothing I've written in this thread is trolling. I also don't delete posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Going by your logic, looking at gang murders in parts of Limerick or parts of Dublin it seems white lives don't matter to white people. Why are Irish people here trying to use ALM or WLM if they don't care about white lives?

White people in Limerick and parts of Dublin are pretty small scale at killing each other when you compare their numbers to the numbers of black people killing other black people in Chicago.

When was the last time a white person murdered another white person in Limerick? You've to go look to find out. I'd bet my testicles I wouldn't have to look much further back than a day or two to find out the last time a black person murdered another black person in Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

BattleCorp wrote: »
    White people in Limerick and parts of Dublin are pretty small scale at killing each other when you compare them to black people killing other black people in Chicago.

1970s Belfast is small scale compared to Chicago's African American community crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

White people in Limerick and parts of Dublin are pretty small scale at killing each other when you compare their numbers to the numbers of black people killing other black people in Chicago.

When was the last time a white person murdered another white person in Limerick? You've to go look to find out. I'd bet my testicles I wouldn't have to look much further back than a day or two to find out the last time a black person murdered another black person in Chicago.

Didn't a white person just murder another white person in Dublin over the weekend... :rolleyes:

Where is your care for that white on white violence? Why are you complaining about black communities before cleaning up your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Didn't a white person just murder another white person in Dublin over the weekend... :rolleyes:

Where is your care for that white on white violence? Why are you complaining about black communities before cleaning up your own?

Holy Fcuk. You are right. We had one murder in Dublin so obviously I don't care about white on white violence. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I seriously think your logic is screwed up or do you just enjoy or are only capable of talking sh1te.

We have white on white crime here in Ireland, nobody is denying that. But it's very fcuking far away from the levels of black on black crime seen in Chicago.

But you go ahead and keep banging your drum and saying that there's no problem there apart from old whitey.

I'm complaining about black communities complaining about police killings when they ignore the fact that they are killing each other on an industrial scale compared to the numbers killed by the police. And I'm not absolving the police from criticism there either. If they murder/unlawfully kill someone, they should face the full rigours of the law.

BLM for me started out ok, I was supportive of them for about the first day or so because George Floyd was clearly unfairly killed. But when the looting and violence kicked in and that was it for me.

And then when they look to defund the police, I just think that is an absolutely stupid idea. Who benefits from defunding the police? I would think that would be criminals as the police would have less money to do police work.

Would defunding our nurses here result in a better health service. I think not, so how could defunding the police result in better law and order?

• Advertisement

Holy Fcuk. You are right. We had one murder in Dublin so obviously I don't care about white on white violence. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I seriously think your logic is screwed up or do you just enjoy or are only capable of talking sh1te.

We have white on white crime here in Ireland, nobody is denying that. But it's very fcuking far away from the levels of black on black crime seen in Chicago.

But you go ahead and keep banging your drum and saying that there's no problem there apart from old whitey.

I'm not saying this and have repeatedly said those people involved in these murders should be in jail, like those involved in Irish gang murders.
    I'm complaining about black communities complaining about police killings when they ignore the fact that they are killing each other on an industrial scale compared to the numbers killed by the police.

Where is your evidence that they are ignoring it? They have the same control over gangs in their area as you do over criminals in yours.
    And I'm not absolving the police from criticism there either. If they murder/unlawfully kill someone, they should face the full rigours of the law.

The problem is police don't face that and many times the law protects the cop.
    BLM for me started out ok, I was supportive of them for about the first day or so because George Floyd was clearly unfairly killed. But when the looting and violence kicked in and that was it for me.

You're judging the movement on a tiny proportion of people taking advantage of the situation.
    And then when they look to defund the police, I just think that is an absolutely stupid idea. Who benefits from defunding the police? I would think that would be criminals as the police would have less money to do police work.

Would defunding our nurses here result in a better health service. I think not, so how could defunding the police result in better law and order?

If you were paying for brain surgeons to deal with kids with scratched knees then you'd revisited the budget, especially if the brain surgeons had a tendency to kill the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

You're judging the movement on a tiny proportion of people taking advantage of the situation..

This movement has raised over $1 billion and not one cent has gone back into improving the black community.

This movement has raised over $1 billion and not one cent has gone back into improving the black community.

BLM group is not the BLM movement.

I'm not fully comfortable with the BLM group, I haven't attended one of their events nor donated. Very few protests are actually ran by BLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

This was beyond farce, BLM posted a list of crime stats but seem to have forgotten that blacks are 13% of the US population.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

nj27 wrote: »
    This was beyond farce, BLM posted a list of crime stats but seem to have forgotten that blacks are 13% of the US population.

They literally over represent in every single crime stat, DUI is only slightly ahead but my christ thats shocking.

• Advertisement

Awkward case of you being taken in by a fake account.

Here's the official BLM account, with associated blue check mark.

https://www.instagram.com/blklivesmatter/?hl=en

Awkward case of you being taken in by a fake account.

Here's the official BLM account, with associated blue check mark.

https://www.instagram.com/blklivesmatter/?hl=en

Not really concerned if it's official or not. It's not like it's satire, they're parroting the same BLM baloney as that account, so the hilarity of them posting that particular graph remains. It's like a creationist instagram page posting photos of a tiktaalik roseae fossil.

Not really concerned if it's official or not. It's not like it's satire, they're parroting the same BLM baloney as that account, so the hilarity of them posting that particular graph remains. It's like a creationist instagram page posting photos of a tiktaalik roseae fossil.

Really shows where you're coming from with this discussion. You don't care about what the source is, even a complete randomer on instagram, once it supports your preconceived point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭i_surge

Personally I would like to helicopter all that money to the people in Africa and elsewhere who will perish from preventable hunger/disease today, tomorrow and in the coming week and the many more to follow the week after that.

We are talking about the value of life aren't we?

We have lost all ability to prioritise. To be "woke" involves sleeping at the wheel it seems.

Really shows where you're coming from with this discussion. You don't care about what the source is, even a complete randomer on instagram, once it supports your preconceived point of view.

Where do you reckon I'm coming from? Obviously I don't support BLM, but the humour is in the fact that somebody who does actually posted those stats. I suspect you understand that, but you're trying to tacitly defend their position by acting like it is somehow foolish to post something from an unofficial BLM page. It really is no less funny whether it was an official or unofficial page, they're a genuine BLM supporter posting what's basically a major alt-right talking point. That's funny no matter how you slice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Do you have a source for that figure? I'm looking it up and seeing a lot of places pledging money but not having donated, though am not coming across $1bn already in their coffers anywhere.

Where do you reckon I'm coming from? Obviously I don't support BLM, but the humour is in the fact that somebody who does actually posted those stats. I suspect you understand that, but you're trying to tacitly defend their position by acting like it is somehow foolish to post something from an unofficial BLM page. It really is no less funny whether it was an official or unofficial page, they're a genuine BLM supporter posting what's basically a major alt-right talking point. That's funny no matter how you slice it.

I'm not pretending, it is not only foolish but embarrassing to claim to have found something to make those you disagree with look bad only for it to be pointed out that it was just a randomer.

'Look at what I found posted by some randomer on instagram' doesn't hold quite the same power :rolleyes:

I'm not pretending, it is not only foolish but embarrassing to claim to have found something to make those you disagree with look bad only for it to be pointed out that it was just a randomer.

'Look at what I found posted by some randomer on instagram' doesn't hold quite the same power :rolleyes:

Nope, not a "randomer" it's a page with 161k followers and "Black lives matter Official IG content page" in the description. Even if it were some moron with 8 followers, which seems to be how you're trying to frame it, if that person were a genuine supporter of BLM, posting those statistics would still be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Nope, not a "randomer" it's a page with 161k followers and "Black lives matter Official IG content page" in the description. Even if it were some moron with 8 followers, which seems to be how you're trying to frame it, if that person were a genuine supporter of BLM, posting those statistics would still be funny.
    Russian disinformation account TEN_GOP in the 2016 elections had about the same amount - https://symantec-enterprise-blogs.security.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/twitterbots-propaganda-disinformation

Another fake Russian account from that time, 'Blacktivist', had over 500,000 followers - https://money.cnn.com/2017/09/28/media/blacktivist-russia-facebook-twitter/index.html

It's quite obvious from even the briefest of glances how different the tone on the official BLM account and the one you linked to are. Why is the 'BLM' account so intent on riling people up and sowing division exactly as the likes of TEN_GOP and Blacktivist were, while the actual official account has very little of that.
    https://www.instagram.com/blm
    https://www.instagram.com/blklivesmatter

You should also be extremely skeptical of anything claiming to be the 'official' anything when it definitively, categorically is not. If I get an email from fjnddd9484950438593@intravilio.in telling me the email is an official iTunes store one and that someone has made a purchase on my account that I need to enter my details to find out about, I'm not going to sit there trying to convince myself that they might still somehow, some way, represent Apple.

That account absolutely screams of being disinformation troll farming and anything but being a supporter of BLM, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

Surely the most pertinent question is not who posted those stats but whether they are accurate or not?

Are they accurate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

An example of the explosives but thrown by the cretins

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1288327688256655360

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 engleburt

The burning of 'ze books Bibles has begun.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1289512762733785088

Now do the Quran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Hi, Im just wondering if BLM publish accounts and list their spending. Are they a legit charity or is it an awareness thing? Id like to get an understanding of their work.

I am in no way saying their is anything underhanded going on but Id like to get a look at how much they are growing, where they begun and other charities they compete with. Is there another charity that does stellar work in certain areas suddenly taking a hit in donations to this fashionable cause that is in the news for protesting and painting streets but not much else. This could be a media bias thing for all I know hence why Id like a look at the accounts.

I remember looking at some irish charity accounts and finding all sorts of weird situations like one of them spending all their money on accupuncture and meditation courses for iirc suicidal people. The directors husband was an accupuncturist and meditation teacher.

750000 a year he charged for his services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Cecilia Loving, FDNY chief of diversity and inclusion, who made the decision to kick Lt. Daniel McWilliams who was one of the three firefighters who raised the U.S flag at Ground Zero on 9/11, iconic photo, ensuring that the procession would be made up of only black people. Talk about utter racism right here and what a total lack of respect to Lt. Mcwilliams.

daniel-mcwilliams-3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1286
    img

Loving testified at a state Division of Human Rights trial on McWilliam’s complaint that he was the victim of racial bias. McWilliam’s lawyer, Keith Sullivan asked Loving in the trial if a request for an all-black color guard was discriminatory? “No, it isn’t,” Loving replied. Loving said it’s okay to replace a white member with an African-American to “uplift our identities and our separate ethnicities in order to instill a sense of pride and community and support for one another.” ...... eh

Sullivan called out the double standards in the FDNY “If you’re black and you discriminate against a white person in the workplace, you get a slap on the wrist at best,” he wrote. A white person who discriminates gets “heavy-handed discipline and punishment"

Loving has received “one hour of counseling” as discipline for her treatment of McWilliams. :rolleyes: The is on going. And of course there was retaliation agasint McWilliam’s by the mob

Its not about justice. It about revenge with the BLM.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/fdny-official-defends-excluding-famed-9-11-officer-from-procession/

Thats just the 100% truth of the matter, thats whats really happening with all this BLM nonsense and its what the people who support it want, you can even see by the supporters on this tread the sort of mind boggling logic they display, no matter how many times you destroy em with facts they just keep deluding themselves, BLM have done a fantastic job of rallying the media and brainwashing the sheep.

Imagine if you replaced a African american with a white guy and stated that the thing was too black, imagine the uproar and hysterics you d have from the sheep. Always said it, its only racist if its done to a black person, if its a white person its fair game they just have to put up with it.

Revenge is what it is, and you're branded a racist if you try defend yourself these days...fantastic job by the BLM black supremacists.

Why you rolling your eyes? you're putting up straw-man arguments and being embarrassed repeatedly on here, yet for some mental reason you think everyone else is wrong lol.

Your only defense of black on black crime is "OHH! BUT LOOK AT WHAT THE WHITE PERSON DID!" it still doesnt change the original fact lmao laughable straw-man arguments you put up when the facts are laid at ur feet to try and deflect from it... try a new tactic its getting old and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Another 3 blacks lads killed by another black man . Hard to take BLM seriously when you see videos like this. If a white man had shot them or even a cop had killed one , you know all their names , there'd be protests and riots but as they weren't killed by another black it doesn't matter

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC3lU3glbqm/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cupatae wrote: »
    Why you rolling your eyes? you're putting up straw-man arguments and being embarrassed repeatedly on here, yet for some mental reason you think everyone else is wrong lol.

Your only defense of black on black crime is "OHH! BUT LOOK AT WHAT THE WHITE PERSON DID!" it still doesnt change the original fact lmao laughable straw-man arguments you put up when the facts are laid at ur feet to try and deflect from it... try a new tactic its getting old and predictable.

It's a surreal situation where it is now viewed as racist to want black people to stop shooting and murdering each other in their thousands.

Another 3 blacks lads killed by another black man . Hard to take BLM seriously when you see videos like this. If a white man had shot them or even a cop had killed one , you know all their names , there'd be protests and riots but as they weren't killed by another black it doesn't matter

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC3lU3glbqm/

Sorry those deaths dont meet the criteria for outrage, you need a white person to blame in order for these deaths to be cared about, its a very select criteria.

The only thing that can be blamed in this situation is the gun unfortunately.

• Advertisement

BLM running extortion rackets like this further proves what we already know, they just wana get paid without contributing a damn thing to society.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1289997732828962816

Advertisement