Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potterton boiler- Help!

• 05-06-2020 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I apologise in advance for my complete lack of knowledge with this but I’d really appreciate some advice. So I rent an apartment and have a Potterton boiler, there is no model on the boiler so I can’t find a user manual. I usually heat the water by turning on the boiler for an hour or so in the evening. This will give us 2-3 showers and the water will be cold in the morning. I’ve noticed over the last week that the water is roasting in the morning. So I decided to not turn on the boiler for the last two days and the water is still hot this morning? I’m worried there’s a problem and I’ll end up with a massive bill even though I haven’t turned on the boiler so that wouldn’t make much sense. I noticed there is a switch beside the tank (immersion switch??) which has always been on and I’m thinking now that this switch might not need to be on in summer. Or should this switch be on and then I don’t have to use the boiler? I fully admit to being clueless in this matter so please help a gal out! Thanks

Comments

The immersion is a back up to the gas boiler but some people choose to use the immersion instead of the boiler, personally I’d turn off the immersion and use the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MelanieO

gary71 wrote: »
    The immersion is a back up to the gas boiler but some people choose to use the immersion instead of the boiler, personally I’d turn off the immersion and use the boiler.

Thanks a million Gary!

Advertisement