Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf GPS Apps

Options
  • 05-06-2020 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good app that actually works well on the phone as apposed to getting a watch / unit gps. I had a golf buddy but it eventually went on the blink. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Golfshot is probably the best but need upgrade to get full suite of tools

I bought when much cheaper

Great investment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Hole19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Hole19

This man is the expert.

I have used golfshot for 7/8 years since I started so has all my data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Hole19

I use hole 19 and have just upgraded to premiun for shot tracking per club for distances etc.

I would stick to the free version.

Premium is not very easy to use imo. Felt like i had phone in my hand all day and it irritated me.

Ill be getting a watch for distances and keeping hole 19 as it has all my scores

I use hole 19 and have just upgraded to premiun for shot tracking per club for distances etc.

I would stick to the free version.

Premium is not very easy to use imo. Felt like i had phone in my hand all day and it irritated me.

Ill be getting a watch for distances and keeping hole 19 as it has all my scores

Edit

Just ordered a shotscope v2 golf watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Edit

Just ordered a shotscope v2 golf watch.

Do you not trust the distances on the app? That would be what I would be using it for, thanks

Do you not trust the distances on the app? That would be what I would be using it for, thanks

Gps to the hole yes.

The watch is for distance i hit each club.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

I’ve used an app called SwingU for years. It used to be called swing by swing. Free app is great for distances and hazards etc. Subscription available for shot tracking which is easy enough to use and works really well with Apple Watch also if you happen to have one already. It has most courses in it and the cards and indexes appear to be up to date. You can tell them if it’s wrong and they will change it. You can keep a record of all of your rounds of golf on it for free.

I also have a Shotscope v2 and while it is ok for distances, and tracks shots without any effort, it does need a lot of admin after your round and what I find very annoying is it doesn’t track your score so I still use swingU for every round anyway. It’s also a bit of a brick sized watch. I have ordered the v3 now (which is delayed) as it is a normal
    Sized watch and has improved on a few things but I still
    Don’t think it tracks scores.

If you don’t want to be taking your phone out all the time and are keeping score on a card anyway, then Shotscope is a good buy for the money. Tracks every shot, even putts if you remember to tell it where the hole is. (You press a button when taking your ball out of the hole)
    If you don’t mind using your phone, SwingU is a really good app and doesn’t have to cost you anything. The GPS distances are as accurate as the shot scope nearly every time. I know because I run both together.

Advertisement