Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to upgrade broadband line? (Dublin)

• 05-06-2020 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We recently got Vodafone broadband installed in our house in Dublin 14 (close to Dundrum).

I am getting very poor speeds (12mbps download, 0.8mbps-1.3mpbs upload) and it is not good enough to maintain zoom calls for work.

Vodafone did all they could over the phone, but said the line / infrastructure is only up to 15mbps. They said it was the local government not them who are in charge of the line coming into the house.

How can I get the line upgraded? It is a terraced house in quite a central area so would have thought the infrastructure was there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

I had a similar issue down in Cork. I rang Vodafone and asked about the FTTC upgrade. They checked the system and now I get 95 down 18 up, even though the Vodafone checker on their website said it wasn't available . Or if you're luckier than me you'll be in an FTTH or SIRO area and get even faster speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

There is no easy way to get the line upgraded, you are getting the speed promised.
    The simplest suggest is to investigate if Virgin Media is available where you live, as it does not use the phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boarderr

I had a similar issue down in Cork. I rang Vodafone and asked about the FTTC upgrade. They checked the system and now I get 95 down 18 up, even though the Vodafone checker on their website said it wasn't available . Or if you're luckier than me you'll be in an FTTH or SIRO area and get even faster speeds.

I called back to try this. They checked and said fibre optics are not available in the area. I checked and it says that it's a fibre area and there is a box just 100m from the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Boarderr wrote: »
    I called back to try this. They checked and said fibre optics are not available in the area. I checked and it says that it's a fibre area and there is a box just 100m from the house.

The box 100m from your house could have all the ports alreayd filled, if that is the case it is out of you hands and nothing you can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PM me your eircode if you'd like it checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Boarderr wrote: »

Your line may not be going through that box. It could be wired directly to the exchange.

The only hope you have is, if the line passes through a nearby box.

/M

Advertisement