Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox question

Options
  • 05-06-2020 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

How do I connect an original xbox to a monitor ? Whats the best way for picture and sound ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What monitor is it? What inputs are on the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭STEE

I have a 1080p dell u2212hm It has DVI VGA and DP I also have an old CRT monitor a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930 sb

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

You will need a HDMI to DP converter if there is no HDMI port on the monitor.
    Sound might be an issue. Does the monitor support sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

rtron wrote: »
    You will need a HDMI to DP converter if there is no HDMI port on the monitor.

The original Xbox isn't HDMI, it's custom to composite.

Be a pain getting it working on the OP's monitor I'd imagine unless a Xbox Classic output to VGA/RCA exists and is available somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Your posts on this forum are all over the place! Is it an Xbox Original, or an Xbox 360?

Homelander wrote: »
    Your posts on this forum are all over the place! Is it an Xbox Original, or an Xbox 360?
    Look at the post I clearly said an original xbox. Then I asked a seperate question about a cable Im currently using

Advertisement