Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a clue do I have

Options
  • 06-06-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭

I will openly admit I haven’t got a clue of kitchen or cooking topics. I am completely useless. I have to bloody google everything.

Question: with a freshly baked lasagne, I know it has to cook off (at I think room temp)

Should it be covered whilst cooling off - Clingfilm?
    How long should it be cooled off for?

If I want to eat some Tomorrow (in maybe 15 hours) do I put it in fridge or just leave it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

let it cool down enough to be put in the fridge, you can put clingfilm on before putting it in. I would put just about warm to the touch food in the fridge. Others will be different!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Put it into the fridge when it's near room temperature. A little bit warm is OK, just not so hot it that it would warm your fridge up. Same with anything else you want to store in your fridge.

Never leave things out over night, even rice, pasta etc.

I would keep it covered when it's cooling off though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Also, research official guidelines, food safety advice is not allowed on boards and for good reason...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Also, research official guidelines, food safety advice is not allowed on boards and for good reason...

Mod note: Exactly. OP, please ask all the cooking questions you like here, but please don’t ask about food safety. We can’t see your kitchen, judge the temperature, smell the food, or make any judgement calls without direct access to all factors. We don’t have this rule to be difficult, but to protect posters. If someone gives you incorrect advice, and you got sick, that would be on us.

Check the food safety authority Ireland website for advice in the first instance :)

Thread closed, but like I say, please feel free to ask cooking questions in the future!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement