Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Targetting' belly fat loss

Options
  • 06-06-2020 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all, just some information on me - I am 5 foot 0, and weigh 8 stone 6 pounds, I have lost 6 pounds since the start of April with watching calories and trying 16/8 intermittent fasting, also lost over a stone last year.

I am still carrying a good bit of fat on belly/waist/lower back so still have a while to go.

I have noticed a lot of weight loss from my legs and arms, which didn't really need that much, but it is very slow to shift from my stomach area.

From what I've read, exercise cannot target a particular area for fat loss, but I've read that certain types of food are stored in different types of fat on the body (so in different areas).
    I am seeing a lot of conflicting information, can anyone shed some light on this and what foods I should be avoiding and what would be good to eat? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nope, where you store fat is mainly to do with genetics and add the fact that us shorties were drawn a rough hand! (I'm 4ft 10 so understand ya!)

There's no need to complicate it. Calories determine weight loss. Track your calories, make sure you're in a deficit and be patient! It'll eventually shift if you focus on those consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Hi all, just some information on me - I am 5 foot 0, and weigh 8 stone 6 pounds, I have lost 6 pounds since the start of April with watching calories and trying 16/8 intermittent fasting, also lost over a stone last year.

I am still carrying a good bit of fat on belly/waist/lower back so still have a while to go.

I have noticed a lot of weight loss from my legs and arms, which didn't really need that much, but it is very slow to shift from my stomach area.

From what I've read, exercise cannot target a particular area for fat loss, but I've read that certain types of food are stored in different types of fat on the body (so in different areas).
    I am seeing a lot of conflicting information, can anyone shed some light on this and what foods I should be avoiding and what would be good to eat? Thanks!

Give this a read, good article on the topic
    https://www.burnthefatblog.com/is-spot-reduction-of-body-fat-possible-after-all/

Advertisement