Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necro-Vision Presents: SURLAW Part Deux

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Brlliant Necro, very enjoyable! How many of your personal favourites. eclectic choice ended up in the final group?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

khalessi wrote: »
    Brlliant Necro, very enjoyable! How many of your personal favourites. eclectic choice ended up in the final group?

I actually loved all of them so it made no difference to me who won :)

Actually delighted to see a lot of love for Avenged Sevenfold of them all though, wasn't sure if it was, err... TOO much the side of hard rock for a few of the class here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Necro wrote: »
    I actually loved all of them so it made no difference to me who won :)

Actually delighted to see a lot of love for Avenged Sevenfold of them all though, wasn't sure if it was, err... TOO much the side of hard rock for a few of the class here :D

loved that song and it was in and out like an yoyo, was a hard choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

A great reveal, as always Necro you are a perfect host!!

Not surprised with Bruce winning, I was expecting it as The River would be a song to get points across the board.
    Very nice to see Starship in the top-5, 80s pop is my favourite style of music. I think many of you could end up hating me when we will get to my own Surlaw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Very nice to see Starship in the top-5, 80s pop is my favourite style of music. I think many of you could end up hating me when we will get to my own Surlaw!!!

Sounds like its gonna be a fun one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Irish Aris wrote: »
    A great reveal, as always Necro you are a perfect host!!

Not surprised with Bruce winning, I was expecting it as The River would be a song to get points across the board.

whats the opposite of a standard deviation? as in if you rule out all the middle ground (which i suspect Bruce dominated), i wonder who would win?

hopefully not the smashing pumpkins!

here's billy on joe rogan

as an aside, and i think we have a few wrestling people here, who the hell knew this about him:

In 2001, Corgan entered the world of professional wrestling when he went to ECW and hit Lou E. Dangerously in the head with a guitar after being insulted.[2] In 2011, he founded Resistance Pro Wrestling. He later joined Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in 2015, becoming its president in August 2016. After leaving TNA in November 2016, he purchased the NWA in October 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Booo..!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I knew about TNA and NWA but didn't know he showed up at ECW

Ah feck. I missed this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Ah feck. I missed this.

Bruce won, and the smashing pumpkins somehow placed 2nd!

and you like true blood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Eminem still leads, but only by 4 points as The Boss regains some ground.

At the bottom, Muse are the only song not to score any points at this early stage. Loads of time for that to change though before Molly loses her sh1t :pac:
    Thank god people came to their senses! Very respectable score. I'm glad people have taste.

Next into the void steps

AnLachaCorcha

Song Points
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now 8
    The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist 7
    Muse - Hysteria 6
    Bruce Springsteen - The River 5
    Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling 4
    Shinedown - Diamond Eyes 3
    Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm 2
    Adele - Someone Like You 1
    There'll be words had. Oh yes there will.

Great reveal Necro. I was gaming last night so couldn't follow along live but was biting my nails this morning on catch up. Slowly scrolling down the page to preserve the excitement for myself. :D
    Would've preferred SP to win (if Muse couldn't of course) but Bruce is a decent choice. Not his biggest fan and I found that song boring but there's no denying he's a great showman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A great reveal Necro, worthy winner, enjoyable, I now have Mmm Mmm Mmm in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A great reveal Necro, worthy winner, enjoyable, I now have Mmm Mmm Mmm in my head

Shameless plug for the next version if you're interested

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058084703/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Yay! G'wan the Boss :)

Advertisement