Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish hotels, parks, camps etc . Have they increased prices

Options
  • 06-06-2020 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Outside if no travel outside if Ireland, has anyone noticed massive jumps in costs for Irish staycation?
    Booking a mobile home now, have noticed the cost is significantly more than last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I would expect prices to be more than pre CV19 as they attempt to claw back the lost business. Captive audience too, mad get out of the house, perhaps nervious of travel abroad, why wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Supply and demand.
    Right now demand is high.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Outside if no travel outside if Ireland, has anyone noticed massive jumps in costs for Irish staycation?
    Booking a mobile home now, have noticed the cost is significantly more than last year.

According to the missus, who watches these things like a hawk (she loves a bargain!) prices are ‘mad’.

We were looking at a staycation as our trip to England won’t be happening, but we won’t be paying the prices she quoted me last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NotMOL

I was thinking about staying in Ireland this year but then I remember how scummy most of these people are and will rip us off so I will be spending my money in another European country.

I see in Greece they are reducing the price of hotel rooms but meanwhile here in Ireland they will be doubling the price of hotel rooms.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11772661/greece-cheap-holiday-santorini-hotel-deals/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

biko wrote: »
    Supply and demand.
    Right now demand is high.

We get around 11-12 million tourists a year, I doubt staycations will replace these numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We get around 11-12 million tourists a year, I doubt staycations will replace these numbers.

Exactly. Capacity should far outstrip demand assuming that all of the capacity opens. TBH I am expecting deal sites to be booming again ala 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

NotMOL wrote: »
    I was thinking about staying in Ireland this year but then I remember how scummy most of these people are and will rip us off so I will be spending my money in another European country.

I see in Greece they are reducing the price of hotel rooms but meanwhile here in Ireland they will be doubling the price of hotel rooms.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11772661/greece-cheap-holiday-santorini-hotel-deals/

Irish hotels have always been ridiculously overpriced anyway as it is.
    The prospect of a €400 a night hotel room in Dublin is terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Irish hotels have always been ridiculously overpriced anyway as it is.
    The prospect of a €400 a night hotel room in Dublin is terrifying!

If you go to Cancun you can stay for free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Usually go to keery for a week In august or july. Usually book a house for around 600 and have been for years. This week looked into a house and the houses in same place are 1485. Booked lanzarote for 330 flights and accom for the same week

• Advertisement
Advertisement