Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Not Working After Update

• 06-06-2020 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

My Sony TV is almost completely unresponsive after a recent firmware update. Is there something I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried unplug from mains and then plug back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭egal

Yes. No good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you do a factory data reset?

Did that too. No good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I had toshiba tv few years ago that went bananas
    I was able to resurrect it by flashing with a usb key formatted to fat 16 with firmware files downloaded from a uk audiovisual site I found on google

Might be worth a google by putting in the model number and usb flash

• Advertisement

Tried Googling. Couldn't see anything relevant. But thanks anyway for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

egal wrote: »
    Did that too. No good.

What model is it might have software update on USB or have you tried Sony site most of the update files are there which you can flash to TV with USB stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

egal wrote: »
    My Sony TV is almost completely unresponsive after a recent firmware update. Is there something I can do to fix it?

I had a problem with the EPG on my Sony after a software update, I disconnected everything, aerial, HDMI, WiFi, and did a factory reset, coincidence may be but EPG is working fine now.

Thanks, folks. Got in touch with Sony and, at their suggestion, disconnected everything and then did the factory reset. Seems to have worked. Fingers crossed! Thanks again for your interest.

Advertisement