Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

76 Years ago Today

Options
  • 06-06-2020 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

(#)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Heh?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Those were the days alright

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

endacl wrote: »
    Heh?!?

Slip of the keypad ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Gatling wrote: »
    While the world is currently a horrible place thanks to covid and various protests,

Let's not forget about the sacrifices made by many 76 Years ago today who stormed the Normandy beaches for the greater good and freedom for that allows demonstrations and social media to demand others bow to there need to feel apologetic for being not been white .

They were Hero's

their

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

degsie wrote: »
    their

Careful now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well done OP on trying to make D-Day relevant to all that's going on today, and failing miserably.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Gatling wrote: »

They were Hero's

Hero's what?

Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

On the last year of war when Germany was already defeated by its own mistakes. 4 years before the English were running back to Britain leaving their ally alone that could do nothing than show a white flag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Das Reich wrote: »
    On the last year of war when Germany was already defeated by its own mistakes. 4 years before the English were running back to Britain leaving their ally alone that could do nothing than show a white flag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

*being*

I take it you're watching The Longest Day on Film 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sardonicat wrote: »
    *being*

I take it you're watching The Longest Day on Film 4?

I was watching it till the bloody family came home, now I’m watching power rangers.
    If old war movies have taught me nothing else it’s that everyone in the Second World War was middle aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Events from 76 years ago and 13 years ago on the first page of current events, yet a thread about a murder from a month ago is deemed not current enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Das Reich wrote: »

Some were it's own mistakes.... Other reason was a few million very pissed off Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Jeez I had nearly forgot, this is the day Heinrich Severloh mowed down an estimated 2000 Yanks...what an amazing warrior!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Thread closed, as OP has deleted their post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement