Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which would suit best

• 07-06-2020 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi I'm running pix4d software at work and my laptop struggles with it. Our IT dept has come back with 2 options for me and am wondering which would work better graphics card and processing wise. I process up to 500 images at a time which takes them from drone captured images and turns them into a 3d point cloud for analysis. Price wise is much the same

Option 1 (laptop)
    Product Description HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation - 15.6"- Core i9 9880H - 32 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD
    Operating System Win 10 Pro 64-bit - English

Processor Intel Core i9 (9th Gen) 9880H / 2.3 GHz (4.8 GHz) / 16 MB Cache
    Memory 32 GB DDR4 (2 x 16 GB)
    Storage 1 TB SSD NVMe, TLC
    Display 15.6"WLED 1920 x 1080 / Full HD
    Graphics NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 / Intel UHD Graphics 630
    Video Memory 6 GB GDDR6 SDRAM
    Input Device Pointing stick, ClickPad
    Keyboard Backlight Yes
    Numeric Keypad Yes
    Integrated Webcam Yes
    Networking Bluetooth 5.0,802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Gigabit Ethernet

Option 2 (desktop)
    HP Workstation Z2 G4 - MT - Core i7 8700 3.2 GHz - 16 GB
    Type Workstation - mini tower
    Processor 1 x Intel Core i7 (8th Gen) 8700 / 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz) (6-core)
    RAM 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM - non-ECC - PC4-21333
    Hard Drive 1 x SSD 2TB - PCI Express 3.0 x4
    Optical Storage DVD-Writer
    Graphics Controller NVIDIA Quadro P1000 – 4GB Graphics
    Networking GigE
    Keyboard UK
    OS Provided Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Edition
    Dimensions (WxDxH) 16.9 cm x 43.5 cm x 35.6 cm
    Manufacturer Warranty Limited warranty - parts and labour - 3 years - on-site

I don't know much about computer specs and a quick google tells me the laptop may be a better spec, but the graphics card won't work on external displays? I need to be able to use on a 24" monitor as the standard laptop one is just too small, though the laptop can be taken out to site and home in the evening to keep processing running and work with CAD etc on the go.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Advertisement