Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outrage without Honesty

Options
  • 07-06-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

I've about had my fill of outrage and the lack of honesty that's come with it.

the lies, the hypocrisy from the media (both social & TV)

protesters and even left wing politicians in america screaming disband/defund the police.

brainwashed claims of white privilege, white supremacy & systemic racism (even in Ireland apparently!!) it has me worn out..its delusional.

is it time to start ignoring the continuously outraged, everything from these people seems to be a demand..

demanding an employee get sacked wearing the red hat like trump. demanding a youtube channel gets shut down/demonetized for expressing opinions (Milo,tommy robinson,gemma doherty etc..)there as even a poll on boards to have any mention of gemma o'doherty censored. who honestly thinks this is a good idea?

how many people have had their entire lives ruined, destroyed by this pc nonsense. where's the honesty gone... when did it become acceptable for a mob to demand someone's right to earn money be revoked simply for expressing their opinion?

its time to ignore the outrage nonsense.

don't get me wrong..i like millions am disgusted at the death of George Floyd by the police officer. but the racism narrative in the media is despicable. its just dishonest.

the blatant opportunism by looters, burning honest business' to the ground, shooting, stabbing police officers.. savagely beating white folk in the streets apparently in the name of justice and equality. when its clear to see its about money.. thieving scum out there looting to make profit.

there's many videos online of white shop owners being savagely assaulted by young black rioters. what's that gona do for black/white relations in american society. the videos are there on the net it cant be denied. whether you want to call that racism or not is another thing. its about being honest.

white people kneeling in the streets at the command of an outraged mob is just jaw dropping. i dont know why anyone would even consider doing it. its not helping anyone.

when will people take an honest look at the crime rates in african american society. murder rates for example. black on black murder is shocking.

why cant we acknowledge this in the media and have the conversation? the media are no longer doing the job they're supposed to do. this is where the true outrage should be directed.

i dont know folks..what happens when the next african american gets shot or killed by a police officer? cause its only a matter of time.

discuss..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nozebleed wrote: »

You've only criticised one side which is, rather prosaically de rigeur for these sort of threads.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

You've only criticised one side which is, rather prosaically de rigeur for these sort of threads.

not criticism...observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Lucky there is only outrage on one side? Imagine if both sides were acting like babies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

not criticism...observation.

That's not very honest.

If you hold these opinions, that's fine. It's the prevaricating that's tedious.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Lucky there is only outrage on one side? Imagine if both sides were acting like babies?

Imagine if the right wingers decided to respond to the Lefties and go Postal on them.

I think then you'd see the lefties quake in their boots.

I'm not motivated by politics or left or right but looking at the tantrums of the SJWs and the so called responsible adults I'm not sure if they would last a day in a war of different sides.

You'll have to remember, theses protestors and antagonists don't represent the left or anyone else for that matter.

Most people on the left and right are more moderate and just get on with it.

I'm always on the fence, sometimes I fall over and land on the left side or right.
    I can see the good on both sides.

But I guarantee you one thing if I was on the left and the right decided to behave like these protestors and oppose them by squaring up in equal numbers.
    God help the left because the right would absolutely anhilate them, the left fight with chaos emotion and bitch slap's.
    The right would finish off the job tbh

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    Imagine if the right wingers decided to respond to the Lefties and go Postal on them.

They do. Constantly.

They were wailing aplenty and claiming victimhood when Colin Kaepernick took the knee for just one example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The disband the police thing seems to be catching on here :rolleyes: Usually some scrawny, middle class, manbun posting it. Yeah you’re definitely going to survive the purge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

nthclare wrote: »

I think then you'd see the lefties quake in their boots.

I'm not motivated by politics or left or right but looking at the tantrums of the SJWs and the so called responsible adults I'm not sure if they would last a day in a war of different sides.

You'll have to remember, theses protestors and antagonists don't represent the left or anyone else for that matter.

Most people on the left and right are more moderate and just get on with it.

I'm always on the fence, sometimes I fall over and land on the left side or right.
    I can see the good on both sides.

But I guarantee you one thing if I was on the left and the right decided to behave like these protestors and oppose them by squaring up in equal numbers.
    God help the left because the right would absolutely anhilate them, the left fight with chaos emotion and bitch slap's.
    The right would finish off the job tbh

Squaring up in equal numbers? The right would finish the job?

Yes that's me convinced that it's only the left that behave like babies and don't discuss the issues.

There is as much denial of facts and refusal to question anything in the right and left.

Me too. Same with a lot of people who have been sitting on the fence watching.

Completely disagree. It's time to call them out on their BS. It has always been the time to call them on it. Not calling them on their BS is one of the reasons the US managed to become so PC, or how their political system became so damn corrupt.

Just as it's time to call people on this thing of picking a "side". Left or right. When most normal people are a combination of both.... and many are just interested in avoiding being labelled at al.

As for America... it's America. They've always been extreme in their views and actions. Leave them to it. Just call people on their importing of US BS into Ireland/Europe. Let's try to avoid repeating the same mistakes as the US or the UK.

Nope. Call people out on their dishonesty and outrage. Pull down this nonsense of racial privilege, entitlement culture, or woke culture. Don't put up with it, if you disagree with it...

In the meantime, get off twitter and encourage everyone you know to do the same. The world would be a better place without that cesspit. Sure, they'll go elsewhere, and hopefully, people will stop referencing their posts... and these extremist morons can fade into the background once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In the meantime, get off twitter and encourage everyone you know to do the same. The world would be a better place without that cesspit. Sure, they'll go elsewhere, and hopefully, people will stop referencing their posts... and these extremist morons can fade into the background once again.
    This site is every bit as toxic and racist as everywhere else. They just can't use the same obviously racist words that people can elsewhere . They have to be sneakier.

• Advertisement

This site is every bit as toxic and racist as everywhere else. They just can't use the same obviously racist words that people can elsewhere . They have to be sneakier.

This site has much better moderation that anywhere else I've found online, without completely censoring people.

I've found that many people online just want to shut down all debate, that doesn't fit within their accepted perspective. Hence the cries of racism which can include just about anything that doesn't accept a race completely and without reservation.

So, no. Boards is far better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

They do. Constantly.

They were wailing aplenty and claiming victimhood when Colin Kaepernick took the knee for just one example.

In the riots ???

Were they having face offs ?

A bit like gang's of New York, hatchets and billhooks at dawn, I don't think so

You've as many liberal police officers as you do right wing police officers... and moderates Inbetween.

Most people are moderate anyhow or apolitical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They do. Constantly.

Is that your definition of "going postal"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

the lies, the hypocrisy from the media (both social & TV)

protesters and even left wing politicians in america screaming disband/defund the police.

brainwashed claims of white privilege, white supremacy & systemic racism (even in Ireland apparently!!) it has me worn out..its delusional.

is it time to start ignoring the continuously outraged, everything from these people seems to be a demand..

demanding an employee get sacked wearing the red hat like trump. demanding a youtube channel gets shut down/demonetized for expressing opinions (Milo,tommy robinson,gemma doherty etc..)there as even a poll on boards to have any mention of gemma o'doherty censored. who honestly thinks this is a good idea?

how many people have had their entire lives ruined, destroyed by this pc nonsense. where's the honesty gone... when did it become acceptable for a mob to demand someone's right to earn money be revoked simply for expressing their opinion?

don't get me wrong..i like millions am disgusted at the death of George Floyd by the police officer. but the racism narrative in the media is despicable. its just dishonest.

the blatant opportunism by looters, burning honest business' to the ground, shooting, stabbing police officers.. savagely beating white folk in the streets apparently in the name of justice and equality. when its clear to see its about money.. thieving scum out there looting to make profit.

there's many videos online of white shop owners being savagely assaulted by young black rioters. what's that gona do for black/white relations in american society. the videos are there on the net it cant be denied. whether you want to call that racism or not is another thing. its about being honest.

white people kneeling in the streets at the command of an outraged mob is just jaw dropping. i dont know why anyone would even consider doing it. its not helping anyone.

when will people take an honest look at the crime rates in african american society. murder rates for example. black on black murder is shocking.

why cant we acknowledge this in the media and have the conversation? the media are no longer doing the job they're supposed to do. this is where the true outrage should be directed.

i dont know folks..what happens when the next african american gets shot or killed by a police officer? cause its only a matter of time.

discuss..

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with most of your post I'm outraged by the lack of capital letters at the start of each paragraph/sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I do agree somewhat and I'm tired of the outrage and the way the media handles itself these days. I have always been left leaning but the left has gone so far one-way it's almost meeting the right.

I also don't think people know how to protest in the West - in a democracy and most protestors are priviledged whether they believe it or not. They have the biggest priviledge - which it to exercise their right to vote - most of this comes from the US and yet they voted in Trump?

I also agree Twitter should be pulled and actually I wouldn't mind if most social media platforms took a break - they are becoming cesspits of misinformation, pushing agendas, And fodder for lobbyists.

Expressing opinion is perfectly acceptable - forcing opinion is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

"The country has spent the week and a half being lectured to about how we are all racists because of something that has happened in America.

And now this happens and many of the same people doing the lecturing are falling over themselves to say there's no racial issue in this attack and people are racists for saying so.

I haven't seen the video and I don't intend to as going by what I've read I don't need that rattling around in my head.

However many have and the outrage seems honest and justifiable. If the skin colours were reversed this would have gone global already and we'd be painted as a nation with a serious race problem.

You may not like it but you can't have it both way. You either address all racial crimes with the same level of swift justice and condemnation regardless of the colour of the perpetrators and hopefully stamp it out or you have what you have at the moment: people becoming increasingly angry at blatant attempts to downplay the heinousness of this attack and claim there was no racial element, which will simply only store up future problems."

Not my words taken from a post on reddit but it gets across in an articulate i would mess up.

Advertisement