Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meters downstream of mains?

• 07-06-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hi all,

question on meters when a house is split or you want to charge your brat teenagers for the long showers they take.

Is it a problem installing a meter or an electricity usage reader downstream of the mains? For example could you put a separate mains from the street in the property to serve a granny flat, or use an MCB in the fuse box dedicated to the granny flat that reads the usage?

I'm thinking that might be doable with electricity, but what about gas? If I wanted a separate boiler with its own supply from the street, I'd need two mains meters? Is there a way to install a usage reader like the electricity?

I won't even ask about water with the way that stands!

Comments

Advertisement