Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slave Trader Edward Colston's statue torn down in Bristol

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nermal wrote: »

The council don't really want anyone charged and the police don't really want the bother of investigating. Make their lives easier and don't admit to anything is all they are saying.

The only person who wants anyone prosecuted for the statue ending up in the harbour is Priti Patel and the Tory party in order to distract us from whatever else they are up to by escalating the situation more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Christy42

na1 wrote: »
    The US cops do kill the armed attackers, and they DO have rights to do so.

If you don't like it, complain to the State authorities.

I believe that people are complaining to state authorities. That does seem to be how all of this started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

its ok the local DA is already on the case

He has already made the case dismissible by charging without any book of evidence, doing it so publicly in a prejudicial way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danzy wrote: »
    He has already made the case dismissible by charging without any book of evidence, doing it so publicly in a prejudicial way.

sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

robinph wrote: »
    The council don't really want anyone charged and the police don't really want the bother of investigating. Make their lives easier and don't admit to anything is all they are saying.

The only person who wants anyone prosecuted for the statue ending up in the harbour is Priti Patel and the Tory party in order to distract us from whatever else they are up to by escalating the situation more.

Priti Patel who wanted to threaten to starve the people of Ireland.

Somebody who has no moral right to judge anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Priti Patel who wanted to threaten to starve the people of Ireland.

Somebody who has no moral right to judge anyone else.

Someone now pushing for immigration reforms which would have prevented her parents from moving here.

Anyway, looks like the Bristol Post will not be publishing images of people who took down the statue. Fair play.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/bristol-post-editor-opts-not-to-publish-images-of-people-wanted-over-edward-colston-statue-damage/

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Someone now pushing for immigration reforms which would have prevented her parents from moving here.

Anyway, looks like the Bristol Post will not be publishing images of people who took down the statue. Fair play.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/bristol-post-editor-opts-not-to-publish-images-of-people-wanted-over-edward-colston-statue-damage/

Probably the editor has a child photographed.

Nothing will come of it either way, someone of them will know the Judge, the prosecutor etc.

Class solidarity will come through for them.

Bristol is a small, well to do city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

I wonder if any of them was related to the editor?

Who are they?
    Why did they do it?
    Who are they accountable to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

Anyway, looks like the Bristol Post will not be publishing images of people who took down the statue.

The police don't stop you, the media protect you, the legal system advocates for you and academia preach for you.

And yet you think you're the ones who are oppressed, and call us the establishment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nermal wrote: »
    The police don't stop you, the media protect you, the legal system advocates for you and academia preach for you.

And yet you think you're the ones who are oppressed, and call us the establishment?

If you think I took down the statue, I suggest you contact the authorities and report me.

I'm not interested in your petty little vicitmhood fantasy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

mick087 wrote: »
    I wonder if any of them was related to the editor?

Maybe the editor knows their customers better than you do.

Like I said Bristol is very well heeled.

And I think I know the residents of Bristol somewhat better than you do.

It's a wonderfully diverse, thriving and vibrant city. I'll take it over some far right utopia any day.

It's a wonderfully diverse, thriving and vibrant city. I'll take it over some far right utopia any day.

I didn't say it wasn't.

Class solidarity will help these protesters.

Sorted out on the golf course than a court.

I didn't say it wasn't.

Class solidarity will help these protesters.

Sorted out on the golf course than a court.

Oops. I thought well heeled meant whipped or something akin to that.

Apologies.

Oops. I thought well heeled meant whipped or something akin to that.

Apologies.

Long wag to go for bondage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Yes thats a good point maybe he does. Point accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Only a matter of time before they moved on to Religious iconoclasm.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1275113067555303424

Only a matter of time before they moved on to Religious iconoclasm.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1275113067555303424

That's one guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

That's one guy.

1g2vl0.jpg

That's one guy.

He is quite influential, Talcum X and all that.

That's one guy.

Yes it is just one guy, he is fairly influential though. He has a reasonably powerful voice within Black America.

We'll see how this plays out anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Yes it is just one guy, he is fairly influential though. He has a reasonably powerful voice within Black America.

We'll see how this plays out anyway...

Black America is also very Christian.

That guy is just a clown looking for attention. It's a nothing thing on Twitter.

joe40 wrote: »
    Black America is also very Christian.

That guy is just a clown looking for attention. It's a nothing thing on Twitter.

He is one of the most prominent
    BLM activists.

2u2me wrote: »
    1g2vl0.jpg

6etuog9t1x351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

He is one of the most prominent
    BLM activists.

It still a nothing comment that will be forgotten. A quick glance through the comments shows mostly ridicule.

6etuog9t1x351.jpg

One of the great truisms of the current age is, the left can't meme.
    And when they can't they tend to appropriate Alt Right memes and make a complete bollix of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Best not apply for the Central St Martins School of Art, whom ever came up with the above sketch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Best not apply for the Central St Martins School of Art, whom ever came up with the above sketch.

it's a mee-mee, all the cool kids are doing them these days

Advertisement