Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dependents of EU citizens entitled to claim social welfare benefits, High Court rules

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

I'm amazed at how these people can just get free legal representation to take these civil cases.

Does this mean any EU national can now have his mother fly in to sign on for a pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Ridiculous. The 350 weekly welfare payment is more than the average salary in several Eastern EU States. Even the 203 dole is more than one would get in most jobs there.

Freedom of movement should be the right to work, not to welfare. Or at least a much higher bar of 10 years of paying taxes should be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, let's just change the requirements to get welfare and solve that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Well, let's just change the requirements to get welfare and solve that problem.

Which will be followed by another taxpayers funded jaunt to the courts on behalf or a another non national and there entitlement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Romanian national, Georgeta Voican, who has been living with her daughter, Angelica, in Ireland since 2017, had sought a judicial review of the decision of the Chief Appeals Officer, the Social Welfare Appeals Office and the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection to refuse her claim for disability allowance.

Isn't it wonderful all the same.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember the eastern European lady who came here and decided she was entitled to the state pension .
    And the courts sided with her .

And yet taxpayers are being advised that we need to work longer along with our parents for the pensions we had to work to get , yet we have foreign nationals arrive and demand a pension despite never working a day in their life in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

No doubt she'll be back paid for the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

they'll all be sitting in a square in Prague, Timisoara etc.. laughing at us. Why are we determined to bankrupt this nation with our welfare bill.

There should be no citizen here of any other country, in the EU or not, claiming something like disability allowance.

We were told all these people would come here, work and contribute.

This is the opposite.

This is a drain on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

No mention of this important High court ruling on the 9 o'clock news. Although we did get a piece about an out of work costume designer. No wonder people are losing faith in RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

There should be no citizen here of any other country, in the EU or not, claiming something like disability allowance.

We were told all these people would come here, work and contribute.

This is the opposite.

This is a drain on us.

The opening of the EU borders was the most suicidal move this country ever made. From the credit fueled building boom it created to the welfare bill for this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

No mention of this important High court ruling on the 9 o'clock news. Although we did get a piece about an out of work costume designer. No wonder people are losing faith in RTE.

The real shocker is that there are people in this country that actually still have faith in RTE.

People coming here and now we are paying them to be disabled.

See, that's not the deal. At least it wasn't the deal as far as I've always understood it.

We need to get our act together and start standing up for this country in relation to this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

See, that's not the deal. At least it wasn't the deal as far as I've always understood it.

We need to get our act together and start standing up for this country in relation to this stuff.

Media : "Ireland has the most disabled workforce in Europe"
    High Court : "Lets turn that up to 11"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

And people wonder why the Brits voted for brexit!
    Now that they are pulling up the drawbridge in the UK I wonder what country will benefit tourists flock to instead?!

Surely they cant claim anything without paying stamps?

This ruling,from reading of the article simply requires eu citizens to be treated equal to irish in terms of eligibilty?
    (Would have assumed this was case anyway?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

also some news about a south Dublin boarding school and racism allegations, but no details.

There's only so much news you can fit into half an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 starrygleam11

Your forgeting that immigration Has being going on for a long time.

Your looking at it only from the perspective of someone coming here and getting something
    ( you also dont take into account how hard it is to get diasability and many who are on it worked here for years and paid there taxes)

ur forgeting that theres a 2nd wave of immigration kids who were raised here and who treat this country as their home they dont know their countries as much.

I know a Polish girl sińce we were 7 came here with family they all have degrees worked the girl got As in her studies mostly worked sińce she was 16.

Now im bringing my best friend who was suppose to be someone big in life and had everything going for her with studies work and even looks if i may add of 17 years for chemio sessions as she was dignosed with cancer at 22 so tell me how she doesnt deserve diasability ?
    Shes also studying part time online too as she is a hard worker that doesnt give up on life and tried to do volunteering once a week as she is set on beating this and hoping to work full time once she fights it off

The thing about life is we are all going to Die ur focusing on welfare and immigrants yet ur forgetting all the **** our governmet is waisting our tax payer money on including the famous unused printer in the public service worth thousands.

Wont deny of course there are scammers everywhere but u shouldnt bash everyone becouse no one Plans to hear they have cancer at 22...

Wont deny of course there are scammers everywhere but u shouldnt bash everyone becouse no one Plans to hear they have cancer at 22...

Can never take new posters serious when it comes to sob stories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The opening of the EU borders was the most suicidal move this country ever made. From the credit fueled building boom it created to the welfare bill for this nonsense.
    Credit fueled building boom? Any ****ing dope who took borrowed money from the bank that they couldnt afford to pay back is a moron. No sympathy for them. When my bank offered me loans through the lettterbox I threw the letters in the bin. Us Irish are our own worst enemy sometimes when it comes to money. We're up 10's of billions from the EU even net money we're still in profit.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Can never take new posters serious when it comes to sob stories

Sob stories ? Reality for a lot of people maybe if u took time out of ur racist hole to understand each persons situation u would seem more Smart

racist

I take it you don't understand or didn't learn in school what the meaning of the word is and how to use it

Gatling wrote: »
    I take it you don't understand or didn't learn in school what the meaning of the word is and how to use it

Say whatever u want ,you want this thread to be a full on racist rant go on.

I wont change my persepctive caz ive seen a
    ****load of stories and i learned one thing in life.

When bad things are happening in a country dont blame the people blame the system and its leaders.

And if your a boomer goodluck to u many of us irish youths are sick of the mindless uneducated frowning old men that complain all the time about immigrants how bout focus on yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I thought that ‘boomer’ bullsh1t had died out.

I thought that ‘boomer’ bullsh1t had died out.

Not with the young 😂😂

,you want this thread to be a full on racist rant go

Say whaaaaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Not with the young 😂😂

Pity.

enricoh wrote: »
    And people wonder why the Brits voted for brexit!
    Now that they are pulling up the drawbridge in the UK I wonder what country will benefit tourists flock to instead?!

If the government does not believe people in this country will ever turn on the EU I think they are seriously mistaken.

It's bad enough having whats left of our sovereignty taken from us by stealth incrementally but then we have to deal with all this on top.

There is a tipping point and they need to understand that.

And they need to start looking after the people of this country and stop doing whatever Brussels says. No other country is this subservient to what Brussels has to say on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Say whatever u want ,you want this thread to be a full on racist rant go on.

I wont change my persepctive caz ive seen a
    ****load of stories and i learned one thing in life.

When bad things are happening in a country dont blame the people blame the system and its leaders.

And if your a boomer goodluck to u many of us irish youths are sick of the mindless uneducated frowning old men that complain all the time about immigrants how bout focus on yourself

The boomers will be grand, enjoying their retirement. Its the youth that are fcuked. Ask yourself why the boomers could get mortgages in their 20's and most of todays youth never will. Ask yourself is there a connection between immigration and the fact that you'll be sharing a house with others in your 40s and paying a fortune for the luxury. Perhaps you should stop voting for the woke parties that are selling your future down the river. If you're foolish enough to vote for a party just because they wave an LGBT flag then its your own fault. You're financial future is totally utterly fcuked btw. Maybe someday you'll cop on as to why that is.

• Advertisement

If the government does not believe people in this country will never turn on the EU I think they are seriously mistaken.

It's bad enough having whats left of our sovereignty taken from us by stealth incrementally but then we have to deal with all this on top.

There is a tipping point and they need to understand that.

And they need to start looking after the people of this country and stop doing whatever Brussels says. No other country is this subservient to what Brussels has to say on anything.
    We arent slaves to brussels if IT wasnt for the eu we would still be a ****hole .
    Your complaining about the EU look what a mess england is now.
    Tories that dont give a flying crap about anything including its own people fecking them left and right and laughing all the way to the bank.
    If ireland left the eu and we would have a right wing governmet covid deaths would be a million no doubt about that.
    Employment law and rights ? Please that wouldnt exist anymore.
    Look at all the right wing governments across all nations and tell me if theyre doing a good job caz it doesnt seems like it at all

Advertisement